Start by marking “Dark Justice” as Want to Read:
Dark Justice

Dark Justice (Sean Dillon #12)

3.83  ·  Rating Details ·  2,454 Ratings  ·  79 Reviews
Jack Higgins pits the heroic covert intelligence team of Blake Johnson and Sean Dillon against a hidden foe in a very different kind of game--with a very different set of rules.
Published August 1st 2005 by Berkley Books (first published August 19th 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Dark Justice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dark Justice

Rebecca
Brilliant! I love this series - they just get better and better! The characters are so well done and I love the way they manage to tie in to each other with little references to things that happened in the previous books in the series. I can always rely on Higgins for a good bit of fun easy reading - the perfect pick me up after a bad book! 5 stars.
Lisa James
First read by this specific author. Darkly funny, fast paced, engaging storyline, great action-adventure/thriller/crime genre book. Kind of reminded me of Tom Clancy or Clive Cussler in style. Not my favorite genre as a rule, but I really got a kick out of this one.
Jackie
Jul 28, 2017 Jackie rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Not my style of books. Wasn't interesting enough for me.
Ninamarie
Mar 11, 2017 Ninamarie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: action-adventure
Liked this story...would be interested in reading others.
Best part was the audiobook had a reader who used a variety of accents, making it very enjoyable to listen to!
Michael Twyman
Jun 10, 2017 Michael Twyman rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love this series of book with its different characters. Especially like Dillon for his dark side
Alex Gherzo
Jan 04, 2014 Alex Gherzo rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dark Justice, while not one of the best Sean Dillon adventures, is a worthy entry in the series. This time a British-born Muslim assassin tries to kill the American President and the aftermath sweeps Dillon and his allies into a battle with a Russian oil billionaire, a growing Muslim terrorist umbrella and some hired IRA gunmen.

Spoilers...

The weakest point of the novel are the villains. For the most part they just aren't that interesting. Josef Belov is given an entire chapter dedicated to his
Henri Moreaux
Stories of intrigue are usually intriguing, not so with Dark Justice!

Commencing with a plot to assassinate the US President one has an immediate flashback to a previous novel with a remarkably similar plot development, only this time rather than the perpetrator being an IRA soldier hired by rich industrialist with Islamic fundamentalist views it is a Islamic fundamentalist backed by a rich industrialist.

Naturally the attempt is thwarted by Ferguson/Dillon/Blake&Co at which point they commen
Massanutten Regional Library
Alan, North River patron, June 2016, 3 stars:

This is the 12th Higgins book in the Sean Dillon series that I have read. I enjoyed the early reads, but the last 4 or 5 have been very similar and predictable. It is as if he took the same template and superimposed it on these books. Themes and events in this book nearly identical to the previous 4 or 5 books in the series are:

*an assassination attempt on the U.S. President and/or the British Prime Minister
*a very wealthy individual or family that co
Apolla
Jul 30, 2011 Apolla rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Another 'stuck in a remote Irish cottage with no television and dodgy internet' read which followed PD James and that Dawn of Empires thing... it was this or something in German, some kind of trashy 'middle-aged woman misery chicklit' thing and Jeffrey Archer.

OK, so I've never read a Sean Dillon book before but my instinct was one of 'Calling Gary-Stu!' If the editor had removed every reference to Sean Dillon being 'the best' at whatever, it would've been a third shorter.

On the other hand, it wa
Wes Baker
Higgins is always good for an escapist read--or in this case, listen. This was another episode in the saga of Sean Dillon, the ex-IRA terrorist turned British intelligence officer. The premise, dealing with a Russian connection to Islamic terrorism in the UK, is timely and Higgins always provides a sense of drawing from some inside information from years of contacts with his sources. Nonetheless, I was put off by Dillon's willingness to, unnecessarily, take justice into his own hands. What I enj ...more
Billie
Jul 15, 2010 Billie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The battle against international terroism continues with renegade Russian agents teaming up IRA members both longing for the good old days of their respective wars. They take on The Prime Ministers Private army led Charles Ferguson with him the most feared enforcer Sean Dillion. The battles range from Irag to England to Ireland. Dillion and his fellow black ops expects battle to the death with those who seek to destroy them. Good exchanges between the characters and enough twists in the story to ...more
Ed
#12 in the Sean Dillon series.

Sean Dillon and the Prime Ministers secret force act in London, Ireland and Baghdad to thwart Islamic terrorists financed by Russian oil billionaire Belov. Info to the Americans prevents an assassination attempt on the President. General Charles Ferguson is shot and Inspector Hannah Bernstein gravely injured when hit by a car driven by the billionaire's lieutenant.
Ed
Nov 21, 2008 Ed rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: none
It was hard for me to finish this book. On my own rating system I give it a 5 out of 10 rating. I couldn't get any traction. There were too many characters for me to track and I kept backing up the book because I wasn't listening closely, although I did like the main character, Dillon, and maybe would read another book in the series to find out more about Dillon.
Bradley L. Stout
Sep 25, 2015 Bradley L. Stout rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun stuff!

Good story, lots of action. Sean Dillon is the type that I suspect exists in today's counterterrorism field agencies. I wonder if Ms Novikova somehow survived the explosion and will reappear in another tale. I guess I'll have to get the next several Sean Dillon adventures to find out.
James Bauernfeind
Dec 19, 2014 James Bauernfeind rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Was introduced to Sean Dillion in this series and found the read to be enjoyable and an easy read. Again, not one of those books that intrigue you as you try to figure out the plot/motive/etc., instead it is plainly laid out path, don't want to say predictable but if you've read enough of these type books iy can seem to be.
Francis T. Villante
Final justice

this book was a definite good read. it's main character is Sean Dillon. he's an ex. I.R.A. soldier working with the British secret service. they rampage thru several different country's trying to take down a wealthy Russian oil baron help bent on taking out top political figures. it was exciting and keeps you turning the pages. I recommend it highly.
Liam
Dec 09, 2011 Liam rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, spy-thriller
Mr. Higgins is, unfortunately, slipping in his old age. It's a shame, but he's had a damned good run... This particularly sucks from my perspective, 'cause Sean Dillon is one of my very favorite fictional characters. I actually read this last year, and completely forgot until I was halfway through it for the second time, which I suppose says a great deal.
Dr3amgap
Another fast read because you keep on wanting to know what the next move is, this takes you to different places or scenes Washington,London to name a few, just glad I finish it coz the story reminds of what the whole world went through on the aftermath of 9/11 and it makes me feel sad and disturbed. But for sure, if you're a suspense action seeker this would be a book for you.
Debbie
Feb 03, 2016 Debbie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really liked it, as I do all the Dillon books (actually I like all of Higgins' books that I have read), but I am a bit worried about Sean...he seems depressed. I hope he perks up in the next book, which I promised myself I would not read right away and get started on another book, but, well, I couldn't help myself and got the next one out!!!
Marla
Aug 17, 2008 Marla rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: slow readers with a lower IQ
Recommended to Marla by: no one
Shelves: action-adventure
Hmmmm... he is suppose to be a good writer? I don't feel that way at all. I'm half way through it and it does not keep me entertained at all. He leaves a lot out. His characters are flat. Maybe if this is a series you would know them and that would help. I don't know - I'm just not impressed. I'm even debating as to if I need to finish reading it.
Susan
Kind of a crude thriller, but there's a wonderful story about a Russian Oligarch who gets his start in the oil business thanks to saving Saddam's life in bizarre circumstances. Best part of the book. I often think Daniel Silva took Sean Dillon and made a much better character in Gabriel Allon—and much better books.
Chuck
May 26, 2010 Chuck rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Well, at least Higgins made another payday. Another lame tale about
the exploits of General Ferguson (British secret army chief) and his
chief henchman, Sean Dillon (Ex northern Irish thug). Bad stuff.
Razvan Banciu
nothing to impress or to remind after. it looks like a twopenny dark policier from 1920. blood, far too many coincidences, the bad guys dumb as night. fight scenes very poor. two stars as a sign of great benevolence...
Alicia
Mar 18, 2013 Alicia rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I actually enjoyed Dark Justice, even though it was pretty anti-climatic. Some parts were hard to follow and there were lots of double crossing. Some of the hired thugs were bumbling idiots, which adds humor to the story
Roberta
Jun 08, 2012 Roberta rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I just couldn't get into this book. Quality of writing left more to be desired. Abundance of characters to follow left me going back to reread how each fell into the plot. Maybe it was just not one of his better writings.
Suby
Aug 20, 2012 Suby rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
What is all this about Islamic terrorists being used by other groups to terrorize and destabilize the world. Don't they work on their own agenda? The book is okay but we expect a lot more from Jack Higgins.
Joe O'Connor
Good; Continuing character: Sean Dillon and company; stories are in decline; Russian mobsters, Muslim fundamentalists, and Irish crooks take up plans to kill first the US President and then Dillon and his team.
Frank Taylor
Aug 07, 2011 Frank Taylor rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: nobody
It was terrible. The dialog was poorly developed, the plot was poorly developed, and the characters were not believable. Overall the book was too short and not planned out very well. The only bright spot was that the book was short so the pain was over relatively quickly.
Jason
Sep 19, 2008 Jason rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
An interesting read, that touches on pretty much all the most notable terrorist groups. Definitely makes one ask the question whether, in our quest to stop those who would take away the freedoms granted us, we don't become something less in the process...
Brian
Mar 31, 2010 Brian rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Typical Sean Dillon adventure.
  • My Life in and out of the Rough: The Truth Behind All That Bull**** You Think You Know About Me
  • The Arctic Event (Covert-One, #7)
  • The Deceiver
  • Looking for a Ship
  • Sacred Stone (The Oregon Files, #2)
  • An Expensive Place to Die
  • Treasure of the Golden Cheetah (Jade del Cameron Mysteries, #5)
  • The Avatari
  • Ice Reich
  • Golf in the Kingdom
  • Death and Honor (Honor Bound, #4)
  • Alistair MacLean's Night Watch
  • Dragon Fire
  • Firewall (Nick Stone, #3)
  • The Last Frontier
  • The Song of the Gladiator (Ancient Rome, #3)
  • India Black and the Gentleman Thief (Madame of Espionage, #4)
  • Adrian Mole: The Lost Years (Adrian Mole #1-4)
19706
There is more than one author in the Goodreads database with this name.

Jack Higgins is the pseudonym of Harry Patterson (b. 1929), the New York Times bestselling author of more than seventy thrillers, including The Eagle Has Landed and The Wolf at the Door. His books have sold more than 250 million copies worldwide.

Born in Newcastle upon Tyne, England, Patterson grew up in Belfast, Northern Irelan
More about Jack Higgins...

Sean Dillon (1 - 10 of 22 books)
  • Eye of the Storm (Sean Dillon, #1)
  • Thunder Point (Sean Dillon #2)
  • On Dangerous Ground  (Sean Dillon #3)
  • Angel of Death (Sean Dillon, #4)
  • Drink with the Devil (Sean Dillon #5)
  • The President's Daughter (Sean Dillon #6)
  • The White House Connection (Sean Dillon, #7)
  • Day of Reckoning (Sean Dillon, #8)
  • Edge of Danger (Sean Dillon, #9)
  • Midnight Runner (Sean Dillon, #10)