Start by marking “Library Camps And Unconferences (The Tech Set)” as Want to Read:
Library Camps And Unconferences (The Tech Set)

Library Camps And Unconferences (The Tech Set)

More and more libraries are working to organize their own library camps or "unconferences" - open, friendly and refreshingly informal gatherings for librarians to unite, exchange ideas, and share knowledge. Library Camps and Unconferences provides you with the practical, step-by-step guidance you need to bring your vision of organizing a library camp to life. Author Steve ...more
Published June 18th 2010 by Neal-Schuman Publishers (first published March 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Library Camps And Unconferences, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Library Camps And Unconferences

Start your review of Library Camps And Unconferences (The Tech Set)
Mark
Feb 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A really awesome idea. I am so looking forward to planning and holding one in the next year or two.
Sara Q
May 30, 2011 rated it really liked it
I had to quickly skim through the last half of the book since it was due back at the library. It is a great little introduction to the concept behind THATCamps and unconferences. I read the first few chapters before going to my first THATCamp and it was really helpful. I will most likely be checking it out again when I start planning a staff training / development day for the university.
Pat Herndon
Mar 19, 2016 rated it liked it
Of course, I read the book the day before the conference that I have planned is occurring! But, it provided a tidy checklist to remind me of all of the bases that have to be covered whenever you are getting a group together to learn and share ideas. I'm good...and so is this short little book. Three days of library training...here we come!
Samuel
Aug 29, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: professional
A surprisingly good book that clearly and effectively discusses how to put on an unconference in a library setting. The list of resources is also very good. I think I'll take some inspiration from it, and I may even try to put on one of these kind of events.
Marianne
Jul 19, 2010
Mandy
May 25, 2012
Jessy
Aug 22, 2014
Lesley Looper
Got some good ideas about library camps and unconferences.
Jan 15, 2014