Start by marking “Make it Wild!: 101 Things to Make and Do Outdoors” as Want to Read:
Make it Wild!: 101 Things to Make and Do Outdoors

Make it Wild!: 101 Things to Make and Do Outdoors

4.22  ·  Rating details ·  50 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
Following Nature's Playground and Going Wild, the authors once again lure kids away from computers and the TV into the natural world, this time to have a go at making their own entertainment from whatever is available outdoors.
This book is about looking at natural materials in a new light and discovering how they can be used creatively. It shows children from eight upwards
Published May 25th 2010 by Frances Lincoln

To ask other readers questions about Make it Wild!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Make it Wild!

Nicole
Jul 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: craft, read-in-2017
Wonderful, creative ideas for all kinds of seasons, places, and weather. Definitely makes me want to play outside! :)
Phoebe
Nov 25, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: youthnf
I can't say I read this book so much as skimmed the compelling photos in "101 Things to Make And Do Outdoors." This is a great book to inspire young people and their parents to spend time outside, making art and exploring. For me, it has a sort of "homeschool" feel that I suspect might leave people who are not used to that type of exploratory education (and resourcefulness? acceptance of things not turning out quite right?) hanging a bit while trying to complete projects with very sparse instruc ...more
Michelle
Dec 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
This caught my eye as a crafter. Favorite projects include leaf poems (tie them to a tree), rock piles, ice lanterns and snow lanterns, balloon lanterns and stick lanterns (I used to make bark boats and send them down rivers at night with a birthday candle lit during Girl Scout camp).
Bea Elwood
Apr 14, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: crafty
I liked the idea of the book but I none of the projects jumped out at me to do. Not so much imaginative as an actual intructional guide of how to have an imagination when looking at nature and feeling bored cause there's "nothing" to do.
Julie
Jul 12, 2010 rated it really liked it
THis book has so many awesome ideas for future programming....
Lera
Jan 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Lots of future fun here, especially attracted by the fire-based activities! with thanks to Toby.
Chrissy
Aug 06, 2017
Kristina
Aug 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-for-b
This was a great book with lots of great "boy stuff" to do for boys of all ages!
Emily