Start by marking “Chicken Soup for the Cancer Survivor's Soul: 101 Healing Stories of Courage and Inspiration” as Want to Read:

4.12  ·  Rating details ·  195 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews
More than 100 cancer survivors share their personal stories in this touching new collection of "Chicken Soup." These heartwarming accounts of courageous people who found the power to battle cancer in their endless hope, unwavering faith and steadfast determination will inspire you to adopt a positive attitude, discover your faith and cherish every moment. Just what the doc ...more
Published January 1st 2010 by Health Communications (first published January 1st 1996)

Kristin
Mar 03, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Of all the Chicken Soup books I've read, I felt this was somewhat underwhelming given the audience it is meant to inspire. Although I am not a cancer survivor, my mother fought the battle for 21 months before the disease inevitably took her from us and my aunt is a 5+ year survivor of breast cancer, so I've been a first-hand witness to the strength needed when you are feeling most scared and weak.
In truth, I feel there needs to be a 2nd/newer edition of this book, as the stories in it are dated,
Jessica
Mar 01, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: cancer patients and their family/friends
Recommended to Jessica by: my mom
I liked some entries better than others, but the whole feeling was very uplifting. A good book for those fighting cancer and for those who know others fighting cancer.
Jezette
Nov 22, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
my coworker gave me this book as she had survived breast cancer she was 10 years cancer free and was diagnosed in February 2008 and passed away on halloween 10-31-08
I havent experienced cancer but their are good story of courage and inspiration. she was my best bud at work and I will miss her gratly. as she gave me advice and guidance
Oct 24, 2007 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Buku ini untuk almarhumah nenek yang menderita kanker serviks, tetapi sebelum buku ini diberikan kakakku beliau telah meninggal dunia...Berisi tentang perjuangan hidup orang yang menderita kanker, betapa bersyukurnya orang-orang yang sehat..
Lutfi Retno
Sep 18, 2007 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: orang yang sakit parah
Shelves: entahlah
Chicken soup yang menurutku keren. Isinya tentang orang-orang yang selamat dari sakit kangker. Mereka yang divonis mati sama dokter tapi nggak mau nyerah begitu saja. Baca buku ini bikin orang jadi ngerasa kalo waktu itu berharga.
Nia
Nov 18, 2008 marked it as book-wish-list  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chicken-soup
Mengubah status buku ini dari sold menjadi book-wish-list, karena ingat ada teman yang terserang kanker payudara dan survive hingga kini. Jadi pengin tau aja, bagaimana car mereka menghadapi cobaan seperti ini...
Partridge Public
Canfield, Jack 362.1
Brittany Perry
Another good book from the Chicken Soup Family. Make sure to buy it for a loved one who needs to be uplifted during their battle against cancer.
Tonya
Oct 05, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a very encouraging book that is easy to read as the stories are short.
Sheridan
Mar 13, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This are REAL stories, and I can't wait to look at this book again!
(more in-depth review coming soon)
Andrea
Feb 09, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A wonderful book of hope and inspiration for anyone - but especially those dealing with life-threatening illness.
Sharon
Gift from family member.
Bebulatan
Dihadiahi dari temen ibuku, sebagai kado dan doa semoga ibuku sembuh dari kanker.. :)
t i n a
life struggle...woman struggle...hard life...but happy and glad full words to say goodbye for this life...
Aline Chavarria
Nov 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It was a good book. It had some really good elements to it. Some of the stories were very touching. I did like it!
Ji
Feb 10, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Inspirational stories, not just for people with illnesses, but for their families as well. Loved some of the quotes.
Kelley
Apr 16, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was what I needed and in finding out my coworker's daughter had cancer, I passed it on to her.
Rainnestars
Apr 13, 2016
Nicole De'sweetheart
Jan 13, 2013
Amy Zettler
rated it did not like it
Aug 12, 2015
Callie
Jan 02, 2010
Fatin
Nov 20, 2008
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Romeo and 2 Juliets (Sweet Valley Twins #84)
  • Harold's Purple Crayon Treasury
  • Getting Things Done When You Are Not in Charge
  • The Rabbit's Whiskers And Other Stories (Enid Blyton's Popular Rewards Series II)
  • The Dragon Doesn't Live Here Anymore: Living Fully, Loving Freely
  • Working Together: Why Great Partnerships Succeed
  • Bloggers Boot Camp: Learning How to Build, Write, and Run a Successful Blog
  • Worth the Fighting For: A Memoir
  • Goosebumps Monster Edition #1 (Goosebumps, #1, #2, #4)
  • Dancing with Mrs. Dalloway: Stories of the Inspiration Behind Great Works of Literature
  • The War on Choice: The Right-Wing Attack on Women's Rights and How to Fight Back
  • The Huffington Post Complete Guide to Blogging
  • Family of Light: Pleiadian Tales and Lessons in Living
  • Dandelion
  • I Am the Central Park Jogger
  • Time on Fire: My Comedy of Terrors
  • The Little Bookroom
  • A Married Man

Canfield received a BA in Chi
More about Jack Canfield...