Start by marking “Size Matters Not: The Extraordinary Life And Career Of Warwick Davis” as Want to Read:
Size Matters Not: The Extraordinary Life And Career Of Warwick Davis

Size Matters Not: The Extraordinary Life And Career Of Warwick Davis

Warwick Davis made his screen debut as Wicket the Ewok in 1983's 'Return of the Jedi'. His extremely rare medical condition has led to a career as the world's leading little actor. This book presents his story.
Published 2010 by Not Avail

To ask other readers questions about Size Matters Not, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Size Matters Not

Start your review of Size Matters Not: The Extraordinary Life And Career Of Warwick Davis
Alyssa
Jan 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone
Shelves: favorites, reviewed
I read this book while I was stuck in hospital for a couple of months and it really helped me through a very difficult time.

I've always loved Warwick Davis. But I didn't know that I loved Warwick Davis. When I was a child, I loved Willow, and I loved Wicket (I had a book called An Ewok Adventure: The Festival of the Wisties!)

I came to an understanding at a certain point where I realised that both were the same man, and that he had appeared in a wide array of films that I had seen.

You don't often
Elizabeth
Jan 11, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars

I don't often read in the celebrity memoir department. The genre usually strikes me as rather shallow and pompous. Sometimes, however, it is worth branching out and making exceptions. A footnote on the first page of "Size Matters Not" warns readers: "Brace yourselves: this book is pun heavy". It was obvious from that point that I had not erred in trusting the apparent above-average coolness of Warwick Davis.

The actor's story is full of fun anecdotes and written exuberant charm. The
Louise Hartgen
Dec 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
The first thing you hear about Warwick Davis is that he is a little person. Forget that for a sec, will you? He is an actor. a good one! If you have seen Star Wars, Willow, the Leprechaun series, Harry Potter, the fantastic BBC Narnia dramatisations on TV in the eighties, Ray, to name but a few, you've seen him or, as in my case, you've heard his distinctive voice.

The other night I looked him up on Wiki because I have only seen a bit of what I just wrote down there an wondered what else he's
gaminette
Jul 04, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: readin2010
Warwick Davis is a terrific storyteller - and what stories! What a career he's had (and still has, of course). Unlike a lot of Hollywood autobiographies, which are basically transcripts of recorded interviews (yawn) this one was actually written, clearly by the man himself. (and if that's not the case, then he's more talented than I thought!) Mr Davis, besides being a talented actor, also is a witty and intelligent writer. The book is full of interesting and often hilarious vignettes from his ...more
Phil
Nov 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Warwick Davis has been in everything from Star Wars, to Willow, to Harry Potter, to the most successful horror franchise bold enough to make six movies about a homicidal leprechaun. He comes across as a witty, kind person, and an even better friend, husband, and father. I especially enjoyed reading about his passion for spreading little people awareness, and his efforts to give back to charity and through his talent agency exclusively for little people. I now need to watch Willow again, as I ...more
f
Jun 20, 2014 rated it liked it
An interesting though fairly lightweight recounting from Britain's premiere little person, Warwick Davis, galloping through his roles in many notable film projects but fairly light with celeb anecdotes, which is fine. There are some genuinely touching moments, such as the series of heartbreaking events surrounding his and his wife's attempts to produce children (thankfully they now have a pair, boy and girl), which he spoke about without laying on the sentimentality, the directness of his ...more
Nancy
Apr 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I just loved this book. Such a quick, funny read. I have to use the cliche..."I laughed, I cried" and, unbelievably, it is true. I laughed out loud, cried a little and was thoroughly entertained. I wish Warwick Davis many more happy, successful years in the film industry..or wherever his prodigious talents take him, and I will be looking for another autobiography someday. Please don't wait forty years though, I may not be here to enjoy it!
Louise
Nov 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
i rather enjoyed this book. heavy on his cinematic career with moments of sharing his personal life. interesting read
Lisa Bennett
Aug 02, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: autobiography
Brilliant read, thoroughly enjoyable and funny in parts. My only disappointment was that he didn't talk about his time in the Big Brother house, but otherwise an amazing story. I had no idea he had done so much.
Ben
Dec 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This book makes you want to meet Warwick Davis, as he seems like the nicest person ever.
Barbara
Warwick Davis is a fascinating little guy and this book tells the story of his life and career. Many people may not know who he is as rather a lot of his acting has been done stuck inside furry or shiny costumes but 'Size Matters Not' will tell you everything - and a lot more - that you ever wanted to know about life as a little person with a successful career.

It would be hard not to like Warwick. He's just so upbeat and so cheery about everything. Being born small - very small in his case -
Zack Clopton
Apr 06, 2018 rated it liked it
Warwick Davis' "Size Matters Not" may be my favorite celeb autobiographies I've read so far. Less fluffy than most, Davis delves into his struggles and successes with honesty and humor. He frankly talks about the difficulties he had when conceiving with his wife, how they lost two children before successfully delivering, as well as the financial problems that led to him starring in the first "Leprechaun" movie. At the same time, Davis' prose is quick, funny, energetic, and light-hearted. (He ...more
Luke Johnson
Aug 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Size Matters Not is a light and casual read that is more memoir than autobiography from actor Warwick Davis. As a big Star Wars fan, Davis will forever be Wicket the Ewok to me but he is perhaps more recognizable as the title character in the fantasy adventure film Willow or the horror series Leprechaun. This is nothing too heavy or too deep, it's mostly just Davis recounting tales with the famous people he's shared the screen with such as: Val Kilmer, Jennifer Aniston, and Harrison Ford. It's ...more
Louise Fyffe
Jan 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
I've been aware of Warwick since falling in love with Willow as a child so thought I'd give his biography a try. It is very good and goes all the way from childhood to his successful career in acting. This book covers all aspects of Warwick's life and I couldn't help but be impressed with his determination to use his good fortune and talents to help others in his position. This is very candid, has some great anecdotes from movie favourites and also sheds some light on the impact his dwarfism has ...more
Daisy Bourne
Nov 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I don't usually read autobiographies but with nothing else I could put my hands on I picked up "Size Matters Not." Well, what a surprise. I've been a fan of Warwick Davis since he started hosting Tenable and I loved his characterisation of the goblin in Harry Potter...but I never realised he lived such an extraordinary life. I laughed in all the right places and shed tears for baby Lloyd. He must be a really strong, as well as delightful character, to face so many challenges and still come up ...more
Sharon
Mar 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: non-fiction
I could not put this book down. Warwick Davis has led an amazing life that intersected with many of the modern entertainment greats and two of the geekiest enterprises: Star Wars and Harry Potter. His snappy wit, sarcasm, and humorous asides kept me rapt from start to finish (and way from several of my responsibilities). I was very tempted to start over at the beginning once I finished.
Erica Zulauf
Jul 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was a fascinating book! Being a super nerd, geek, whatever you want to call me to get kinda a behind the scenes look at all my favorite movies was awesome and I think there is only a couple movies he was in that I hadn't seen. Warwick truly is remarkable and genuine which can be rare when your in movies.
Sarah J
Nov 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: memoirs
A memoir by an actor who has played many wonderful roles, Warwick Davis describes his life and career as a Little Person and the challenges, opportunities, and good times that comes with being different and owning it. He also does not try to romanticize the actor's life, writing about the exhaustion that comes with the elation, and the sacrifices required to follow one's dreams.
Rachel
Jun 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed listening. The narrator was great and Warwick's story is such a good one. I also felt super nostalgic listening to him talk about some of my favorite movies. I did not know that Jamie Foxx is a classically trained pianist. Thanks for that one Warwick. Loved it!
Andrew
Feb 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A pun, short biography by an actor with many films which influenced my childhood. Learning more about his familys NICU stories struck home. Warwick is a very personable celebrity. My only complaint is how little he shared about his role as Reepicheep in the BBC Narnia miniseries. ...more
Cathie
Sep 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Heart warming, honest and really funny, with sadness thrown in. I have laughed and cried with this book. I admire him so much, his strength and determination he really is an inspiration. I look forward to the next installment.
Ashlin Whitaker
Aug 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed reading about Warwick Davis's life. It was interesting to learn about the entertainment industry from a different perspective and I like the humor that he used while telling his story.
Jen
Feb 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: memoir, 2019-reads
This was a very entertaining memoir.
Ian M.
Jan 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
When I read the first page I knew I was in for a treat. Quite frankly, looking at the cover alone, I knew I was in for a treat.
Loobyz
Nov 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Funny and brilliant

Warwick writes this book brilliantly and it feels like he is sat by you telling you it all instead of reading it. I couldn't put it down and time whizzed past
Miranda Levi
Feb 04, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: nonfiction
I enjoyed a lot of the stories, but I really struggled with this book. It's just not very well written.
Weenie
Feb 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
Fascinating read of the incredible life (so far) of this likeable actor, who's been involved in two of my favourite film series (Star Wars and Harry Potter).
Josh Warfel
Jan 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I've loved Warwicl for decades. This makes me love him even more!
Julie
Mar 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: autobiography
A brilliant, hilarious book, although there are sad bits.....
Courtney
Mar 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
Very good, emotional and funny. Fantastic reading about Warwick's life, so humble and talented. Must watch more of his movies!
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Absolute Pandemonium: My Louder Than Life Story
  • The Princess in the Opal Mask (The Opal Mask, #1)
  • D-Day to Victory: The Diaries of a British Tank Commander
  • Life & Laughing: My Story
  • Why Mummy Doesn’t Give a ****!
  • Attempting Normal
  • Golden Gates: Fighting for Housing in America
  • The Sins of the Fathers (Matthew Scudder, #1)
  • The Third Rainbow Girl: The Long Life of a Double Murder in Appalachia
  • My Lucky Life in and Out of Show Business
  • Through the Wall
  • The Burnout Generation
  • Meant to Be: Embracing my Plan B and finding a different path to family
  • All the Good Girls (Harry Hunter Mystery, #1)
  • One-Hit Wonder
  • American Shaolin: Flying Kicks, Buddhist Monks, and the Legend of Iron Crotch: An Odyssey in the New China
  • I Am C-3PO: The Inside Story
  • The Jade Lily
Starred in "Star Wars - The Return of the Jedi" as the Ewok Wicket, being only 11 years old. After a huge variety of acting roles (Willow, Harry Potter movies, Doctor Who,...) he wrote his autobiography.