Start by marking “Fools Paradise (Backstage Boys #2)” as Want to Read:
Fools Paradise (Backstage Boys #2)

Fools Paradise (Backstage Boys #2)

4.31  ·  Rating details ·  13 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
Bobbyjay and Daisy are trapped in a family feud, powerless to stop it from exploding. Then a Porsche Targa full of live smelt brings them together, and they fake a betrothal that carries them to crazyland.

This romantic comedy introduces the world of stagehands, those blue-collar knights of chivalry, those workaholic, playaholic, unsung heroes behind the curtain.
Published 2010 by Book View Press (first published December 31st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Fools Paradise, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fools Paradise

Robin Resch
Nov 05, 2016 rated it did not like it
I could not even finish this book. I found it boring and hard to follow.
Jan 16, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle
Setting: Chicago Contemporary
Genre: Romantic comedy

Bobbyjay Morton is a Chicago-area stagehand and member of the local union. There is a longstanding feud between his family and the Ditorelli family, though there has been an eighteen year détente during which no one did anything stupid. Then they did something stupid. The Mortons vandalized Marty Ditorelli’s 1977 Porsche Targa, then called Bobbyjay to see it/take the blame. Bobbyjay is always taking the blame for his family’s stupid shit. His f
Steve Bender
Oct 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Hilarious romance about union infighting in Chicago. I couldn't put it down.
Michelle Hoffman
Jan 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I thought Fools Paradise by Jennifer Stevenson was a great read. I was allowed another look into the lives of stagehands. The amount of work they do is monstrous. The book tells us all of this with humor, with a look at all of the backstabbing that goes on, and with a look at how they gather together when one of their own is threatened. Great job, Mrs. Stevenson.
Dianne Owens
Dec 31, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Genre: Romance/Comedy

I’d like to start this review by saying that I don’t read a lot of romance. However, when I was given the opportunity to read Fool’s Paradise, I decided to check out Jennifer Stevenson‘s take on the genre. It didn’t take me long to realize that I wasn’t reading a simple kissy novel. I soon found myself giggling at her playful use of wit and cliche to tell the story.

Fool’s Paradise begins with Bobbyjay Morton being called out to the lake from his shift at a local opera house
Katharine Kimbriel
Apr 25, 2010 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Folk who love humorous romance.
Recommended to Katharine by: Read it to interview the author.
Shelves: mature
FOOLS PARADISE gives us Daisy and Bobbyjay, the youngest sprigs from modern Capulet and Montague trees, in a blue-collar Jacobean comedy of feuds, follies, and getting your fingernails dirty. Set in today's Chicago world of union families, ethnic mixes and purely finding yourself, FOOLS PARADISE shows us that there are a lot of smarts, manners and good humor hiding under these blue-collar folks. It's not so easy to break free of your assigned place in the family, whether you're grandpa's little ...more
Lisa Denn
I received a copy of this book from eBook Discovery in exchange for an honest review.

I haven't read any of Jennifer Stevenson's work until picking up a copy of her romantic comedy Fool's Paradise.

Romantic comedies as a genre are tricky business in my opinion. It's much easier to listen to the whiney dialogue of a character on the big screen then having to read the same dialogue on the printed page. Too much whiney dialogue - which is funny to a viewer of the big screen - doesn't always come off
Nov 25, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: review-books
Oh man this was so funny I loved the quirky fun loving read with some intense hot yummy scenes. This book is about bobbyjay and daisy who's families have fought with each other for 35 years.

This fighting brings bobbyjay and daisy together in a very good way as they try to work together to stop the fighting.

Fools of paradise was a great story, I read book two in the stagehand series "king of hearts" first before this book as I was chosen to review it and I loved it so much I needed more.

I have
ZaraS  *book reviewer
Nov 20, 2016
Dec 08, 2016
Feb 19, 2017
I started swimming at 40, riding horses at 42, roller derby at 52, speed skating at 54 ... something's backward there. Read about my latest bruise at

I've been writing since I was four, and didn't publish a story til I was 34 ... something's backward there too. Read about my latest books at

Living my life backwards mea
More about Jennifer Stevenson...

Backstage Boys (2 books)
  • King of Hearts (Backstage Boys #1)
“Packard rolled his cigar from one side of his mouth to the other. "I ast you not to start a riot with my boys and now I hear you kicked one of my stagehands in the nuts. You got anything to say about that?"
Daisy said, "Never happened.”