Start by marking “Don't Lose Your Mind, Lose Your Weight” as Want to Read:
Don't Lose Your Mind, Lose Your Weight

Don't Lose Your Mind, Lose Your Weight

4.13  ·  Rating details ·  3,979 Ratings  ·  254 Reviews
Want to know how Kareena Kapoor managed to achieve the perfect figure? India's top celebrity fitness guru has worked with the who's who of Bollywood including Kareena, Karishma, Saif, Lisa and Sonali. Now she lets you on her secret- you can eat anything you want as long as you plan for it.
Paperback, Second Edition , 310 pages
Published January 30th 2010 by Random House India (first published January 2009)

Smitha
Jul 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
It was a wonder book. I had lost 18 kgs in the past 5 months and on retrospection I feel I followed most of the things mentioned by the author, though not frequent 2 hourly meals. For the past 2 days, I have adopted this technique too - ie, a heavy breakfast followed by 2 hourly meals till sunset, and then nothing else. But am a little apprehensive whether it will work for me or make me gain weight. Have to wait and watch. I thoroughly loved reading the book, and felt happy that for once, there ...more
Orla Tinsley
dont lose your mind lose your weight

Insightful in what it tells you about food but not much new information for me and too difficult to practice certain steps. However, there are several new recipes I want to try, so that's a good thing.
K
Nov 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book truly transformed my life. As you can read here, how I lost 15kgs I was a skeptic, when I first encountered this book at the Blossom Book House, my favorite book store in Bangalore. After browsing the first couple of pages I got it, and rarely have I been happier that I got a book.

The four key precepts that Rujuta lays out, namely
a> have six meals a day, while keeping each meal finite (two handfuls)
b> focus on the nutrients rather than just calories of your meals
c> eat local
Anusha Narasimhan
Taking Hindi as 3rd language in school and preparing for the Hindi prachar sabha exams have finally paid off! I thought its only use was to help me decipher the daily 'national' newspapers, but it helped me understand the umpteen Hindi words peppered across this book.

Most of the book is common sense, what I learnt in school and/or what my mom tells me (yells at me would be more accurate), like, eat right at the right time, eat 'real' food, have the local cuisine, never skip breakfast, don't be n
Ashish Iyer
The Author has clearly explained how we eat our foods in an odd way and get fat. I think this is a game changer and every person should read it to lead a better and healthy life.
Avid
Ever since Kareena-Shahid starrer ‘Jab We Met’ released and Kareena’s Size Zero became the talk of the town, Rujuta Diwekar and her too good to be true diet technique became popular overnight. Rujuta’s diet and the best example which is Kareena’s Size Zero was there for everybody to see and believe. And believe they did.

Rujuta quickly caught on the pulse and published a book which explains her diet techniques. Her thoughts on how our lifestyle and food habits have evolved from the days of our un
Chicky Kadambari
Just basic common sense information, put together in one place.

Here's the complete review of Don't Lose Your Mind Lose Your Weight, by Rujuta Diwekar .

An over-hyped book. The language was too 'Mumbaiya' for my taste. Perhaps, this kind of over-casual tone appeals to some readers. It was a turn-off for me. The facts/concepts presented in the book were nothing new. Just a good compilation of basic common sense.

My Rating: 3/5.
Swapnil Bombarde
May 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
We know more about our cars(mobiles in my case) than our body- this is the line which caught my attention in this book.It is the ugly truth of our generation. This book will show you many dark sides of fad dieting which are trending on youtube and also make you aware that to be slim you dont actually have to "diet". Just eat correct at correct time. I would recommend this book to everyone who have ever been on a diet or want to diet as it bring clarity to your notion of diet. Just two words for ...more
Janhavi
Apr 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is a must read not just for weight loss...like the author has repeatedly said in it, but to work towards better living without all the drama and fuss about diets. Its a great eyeopener for people who think one food is better over another, or who think some foods should be totally replaced with their low fat versions or who think eating less is the way to reduce weight and get healthy . I will recommend this book to all who aspire for a healthy lifestyle.
Tarannum
Interesting take on weight loss and diet drama around it. Although the idea of eating every two hours and managing 8 meals in a day is exhausting, one would definitely have a changed perspective about food and the beliefs that surround their consumption.
Pooja
Feb 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rujuta has done a great job in eradicating misconception attached to the concept of dieting. In simple words and with real life examples she has changed my attitude towards dieting and weight loss. However, I didn't appreciate that she ended the book by calling herself ghaat** a sslang word used for local maharashtrian by non-maharashtrians. Otherwise it's an eye opener.
Prashanth NK
Aug 01, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good insights

Liked the simple way of conveying the different aspects of nutrition and dieting for well being. Good read for everyone
Tanya
Jan 27, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not the best of writing, but insightful in what it tells you about food. Mandatory reading for all those trying to eat better and healthier and non-believer of diet fads.
Surabhi Mishra
Oct 14, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Don't lose your mind, lose your weight is one of the few books on weight loss which go beyond just weight loss. It is simple, clear, written in a colloquial manner which engages the reader, causes her to think about the pitfalls of conventional wisdom about eating, exercising, dieting and losing weight quickly.

The best way to describe it is to say that it is about inclusion of habits, patterns and routines which help towards healthy living. And, not just weight loss which is temporary and in man
Sudheer Kumar
Jan 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
When i came across this book on flipkart,the book's catchy title got me curious and bought it.When i read the first few pages of the book on dieting i was genuinely interested.

Rujuta Diwekar,the author busts many myths on dieting and weight loss and gives "the four principles of eating right" which form the core of this book.She explains how overeating is a "crime and deprivaton of food is "punishment"and the need to find the middle ground between these two extremities. Rujuta addresses all the
Shweta Sonali
Oct 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
First thing first; everyone of us who want to stay active/fit... for long term ofcourse; have to read this book. the title of the book doesnt do justice to the content of the book.
The book comes from a person who is not only educated on the subjects involved but also have degrees to go by with it. Mind you not every one who writes such books or claim to be dietician or nutritionist have one
The book takes you to a journey where you get to know the simple/complex science behind every food we eat..
Ash
Reduced the rating to 2 stars from 4 stars -
After reading a book written by a doctor, I feel everything written in this book is wrong and those who follow this author will be at a loss. Nothing is scientific here.

——
Most of the info In this book is common sense which I knew, but couldn’t follow because of hectic schedule. The only turn off was the mumbaiya Hindi inserted throughout the book, along with references to Bollywood and stars. Also the author goes overboard with her praising for Indian
Srujan
Sep 18, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
NOT a Miracle Book, but I read and re-read a chapter from time to time just to reinforce common sensibilities about eating. Three things I tried to put in practice from the book,
* Dissociation of guilt from eating food that one grows up eating ( rice, ghee, and everything in the Gujarati cuisine in my case),
* Eat in Moderation (about 2 handfuls, basically food that you can hold when you put your palms together),
* Mindful Eating, (no tv, no gadgets rule)

I don't have any awesome figures of weig
Naga Vishnukanth Irukulapati
Liked readin the book although was not able to follow about the first few pages where she talks about vitamins,carbs etc but overall very good. I learnt following things:

Too much of anything is good for nothing--- and this is true for crash diets where they don't take everything (may be they eat only soups, salads, fruits etc).

I was thinking that fat, carbohydrates is not good and should reduce but after reading and after understanding some basic functioning of the body, I changed my mind and re
Sugata Kundu
May 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book changes the traditional faulty mindset that people have with DIETING.

One will definitely fall in love with his/her body after reading this piece of knowledge. If this knowledge can be incorporated properly in our daily life then one must see and feel the results pretty clearly. I am a fan of Rajuta now, and will surely follow her sequels and try to implement in my day to day life.
Anjie
Feb 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
Loved this book ! No diets, no crash diets, no liquid diets, no forgoing one's food habits etc. Rujuta explains in simple language how one can lose weight while following our daily food habits, even indulging in fatty foods, deserts etc. which is a part of most Indian meal, while practising mindful eating habits.

No jargons, no technical terms making it palatable for a reader with little or no knowledge of the 'medical lingos'.

So readers, eat n lose weight :-)

Neha Pol
Jul 26, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My mom actually told me to read this book after she heard RD talk in some seminar :D. But I must say, this book is very sensible and logical. Going back to the basics and eating the way we did as kids (home cooked, fresh food) is the important thing! Didnt like the language much, but then this is not literature, but a nutrition book. Definitely a one time read!
Abhijit
well its a good read with witty comments........
wat i like most about the book is tat as a diet book i can relate to it. The food items mentioned are easily available in India, I dont need 2 hunt 4 chicken guacamole whole wheat pita or macadamia nuts.
the tips mentioned are sensible n easy 2 follow. I just hope thre do lead 2 weight loss. If they do id post a follow up in a few weeks time
Mallika
Feb 11, 2011 rated it did not like it
reached page no 52. The book is good but too difficult to practice certain steps, i cannot think of starting my day without a cup of tea..i have given up on machine made tea and coffee at work...so doing good...

i have given up reading the book half way....did not find it interesting and some topics are meant only for ladies who live in posh society with 24/7 maids to attend to them.....
Jigar Brahmbhatt
This book has pretty decent nutrition advice and explains about the compositions of food neatly. Now it is not a bible one should oath by, but it helps to keep us more alert about what goes on in our bodies and about our choices of food. Coz a reader has to stay fit to go on!
Pallavi
Apr 01, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely loved this book. It is a very common sense approach to food and eating. The book is very informative and sheds light on the myths and facts associated with different types of fad diets, the food we eat and try to avoid.
Ananya Ghosh
Oct 04, 2011 rated it it was amazing
5 stars to this book from my mother because to much of her relief, I stopped my crazy diets and started eating after reading this book. 5 stars to this book from me because it started my love affair with cheese.
Nitin
Oct 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good book not just for those who want to loose weight but also to understand the science of diet. Some of the tips given are helping me immensely to stay healthy and fit. :)
Swati
this is really good.
Sanya Rawat
Aug 18, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Immensely motivating and thought provoking. Looking forward to implement what I read and study more about the subject.
Verter as libras para sempre! 1 3 Apr 06, 2016 11:14PM
xeroaft 1 1 Sep 11, 2015 09:47AM
http://loseweightbhealthy.com/garcinia-life-plus/ 1 7 Apr 07, 2015 03:07AM
your body and less likely 1 1 Mar 17, 2015 05:13AM
emotion and you go where you need 1 1 Feb 10, 2015 12:42AM
Easy Tips To Lose Weight And Keep It Off 1 2 Jan 26, 2015 01:32AM
And said ready red be pick up that raised 1 3 Nov 05, 2014 01:24AM
  • The Doctors Book of Food Remedies: The Latest Findings on the Power of Food to Treat and Prevent Health Problems - From Aging and Diabetes to Ulcers and Yeast Infections
  • Monsoon Diary: A Memoir with Recipes
  • Ayurveda and the Mind
  • Gary Vaynerchuk's 101 Wines: Guaranteed to Inspire, Delight, and Bring Thunder to Your World
  • History of the World: From the Late Nineteenth to the Early Twenty-First Century
  • Henna for the Broken Hearted
  • Freedom Struggle
  • Health in Your Hands: v. 1
  • Spouse: The Truth about Marriage
  • Candy Is Dandy: The Best of Ogden Nash
  • The Elephant, the Tiger, and the Cell Phone: Reflections on India, the Emerging 21st-Century Power
  • Yuganta: The End of an Epoch
  • The Lost Story
  • From Xl To Xs: A Fitness Guru S Guide To Changing Your Body
  • Pandeymonium: Piyush Pandey On Advertising
  • Discovery of the Child
  • Science of Breath
  • Fools' Experiments
Winner of the 'Nutrition Award' from ASIAN INSTITUTE OF GASTROENTEROLOGY, Rujuta is amongst the most qualified and sought after sports science and nutrition expert in the country and the only nutritionist to have associate membership from SPORTS DIETITIANS, AUSTRALIA. In the plethora of diet fads and fears, her voice rings loud and clear, urging us to use our common sense and un-complicate the act ...more
“Whey protein Whey protein has got more bad press than whisky, gin, rum, wine, beer, and even grass. Whey protein is a powder made from milk which you mix with water to turn into a drink. It has the best biological value of protein; which means that almost every gram of whey you consume gets used for its intended purpose and is absorbed by the body. Whey isolate, made from whey protein is a boon for lactose intolerant vegetarians like me as it doesn’t irritate the stomach or the intestines. Whey protein has been accused of affecting the kidney, liver and heart but this isn’t true. Although superstars, cricketers and doctors advertise for the so called ‘Protein drinks’, (especially for children, easy targets perhaps, not to mention their parents’ obsession with their height), the reality is that these drinks are so loaded in sugar and have such miniscule amounts of protein (not to mention poor biological value too) that they really do much more harm than any good. And a nutrient is never specifically beneficial for a particular age group. Whey protein on the other hand is easy on the system, has zero sugar, and is easy to digest. If you weight train regularly or run long distances, whey protein will become a necessity. (It also comes in all flavours: chocolate, vanilla, strawberry and many more.) Word of caution: whey protein is a supplement. It is not supposed to be used as an alternative to eating correctly. Consuming adequate protein, carbs and fat by means of a well-balanced diet is a must. Only then can whey protein be of any help. Like with everything else, if you overdo it or depend on it alone to provide you with protein, you stand to lose out on its considerable benefits.” 3 likes
“Low fat snacks like baked chaklis, fat free ice creams, fibre loaded biscuits, etc are nothing but junk food coated with misinformation and some sharp marketing brain trying to sell them to a gullible audience which will bite onto anything that’s fat free.” 1 likes