Start by marking “Catherine of Aragon” as Want to Read:
Catherine of Aragon

Catherine of Aragon

(My Royal Story)

It is 1501 and Eva is making the greatest trip of her life - from Spain to London as lady-in-waiting to the Spanish bride of Arthur, Prince of Wales, Catherine of Aragon. But Prince Arthur does not have long to live. What will happen to Catherine, his new wife, then?
Published August 2nd 2010 by Scholastic (first published July 20th 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Catherine of Aragon, please sign up.
Alex The sequel is called 'Anne Boleyn and Me' and is the diary of Elinor Valjean, Eva's youngest daughter.

Start your review of Catherine of Aragon
Sweetp-1
Nov 07, 2010 rated it liked it
I bought this for my 8yo daughter but I think it might be a couple of years until she will enjoy. The women in our family have a somewhat fascination with the Tudor era so I figured I may as well start her early :)
The book is a diary format and was an interesting look at life during the turmoil of the years following Catherine's arrival in England. There was a lot of political information which, while interesting, took away somewhat from the fact this was a diary of a lady-in-waiting. I think I
Rebecca
Oct 24, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is one in the My Story series. The books in this series are fictional diaries of young girls living during different periods of British, Scottish, and Irish history.

Sixteen-year-old Eva De Puebla comes to England in 1581 as lady in waiting to Catherine of Aragon, the Spanish princess who is to marry Prince Arthur, heir to the throne of England. Eva has been chosen to accompany Catherine because she is her close childhood friend. But as the years go by, although the girls remain friend
Hannah Brown
Eva de Puebla travels to England from Spain with her childhood friend and princess: Catherine of Aragon. During the turbulent times of Henry VII and Henry VIII’s reigns, Eva’s diary tells of her and Catherine’s story from 1501 to 1513, following romance and misery, joy and war.

This book was the first I had read of the My Story series. This series follows both girls and boys through different stages of history, such as the Blitz, the Irish famine of the 1840s and Roman invasions of Britain. They’
Lexi Grimbrooke
Jul 29, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
As an ardent and avid lover of all this Tudor related, I was very excited about finding this book. The reading level was more for teens than a 21-year old woman, but occasionally I enjoy reading young adult books. However, I was unbelievably disappointed by this book. It spans 12 years in less than 200 pages; there is often no more than three "entries" per year! It took me weeks to read it because I was so utterly bored with it. Eva, the girl whose diary it is, is immensely annoying, constantly ...more
Susan Pearson
Alison Prince has done a really good job with this book. The story is well written and captures life in Tudor times well. The images and timelines featured after the diary enhance the educational benefits too. Any young person who is finding history boring should grap a copy of the My Story diaries and may be plesantly suprised.
Sara
Sep 26, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites, my-story
I really liked this book! It's about Catherine Of Aragon's earlier years before she got divorced and was stripped of her title. The persons who's diary it is is Catherine's childhood friend Eva who is also Spanish. Eva and Catherine are so loyal to each other even though Catherine is a princess and it shows in the book. By all means go ahead and read it!

Lynda
Mar 11, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A really good read and a way of enjoying history from 'behind the scenes' as it were through the life of one of the ladies of the court & her diary.Can't wait for Milly to read it now as she loves these type of books. ...more
Alex
Like others have said, I feel like a lot of liberty was taken with Eva as a character. I'm not entirely convinced that a sixteen year-old lady-in-waiting in the Tudor court would know so much about foreign and domestic politics, even if her uncle was a diplomat. The novel moves very quickly through historical events, with some major events like the deaths of major characters being over-and-done-with in a couple of lines of the diary. I feel like Alison Prince, in her rush to fit the events of 13 ...more
H Vassallo
Jul 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
My Tudor Queen: The Diary of Eva De Puebla, London, 1501- 1513 was a very intelligent read.
It was very interesting reading about the ways of living in those days, both in a royal family and out of it.
I loved how the author managed to capture all this detail in the pages of the diary of only one narrator, since the story has many different protagonists, all with their own, unique, individual narrative.

it was a very good book. I loved reading it.
Flowergirl
Jun 27, 2018 rated it liked it
King Henry VII is a strange king he is kind sometimes and cruel other times. Henry VIII is strong brave and mean, but i think having Catherine as a wife is nice. There life has a really happy start. Eva is strong and brave. I hope Eva has a happy life to.

Favourite quote: "Dear Eva," she said. "I hope your future will be kind to you." Page 129.
Beck
Apr 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Read as part of the Around the World in 52 books challenge
Week 10: A book featuring an historical figure

I loved the My Story series when I was younger, but never got to read this one. A descriptive story that focuses on a Queen, it is well an interesting read and well written.
Small Review
Mostly accurate MG rundown of Catherine's life from right before marriage to Arthur to shortly after the Battle of Flodden. 3.5. Nice, but nothing standout.
Maneli
Nov 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thought this was an amazing book. The characters were easy to understand and the storyline in general was very intriguing.
Alice Hynes
Jan 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really good
Doris Raines
Dec 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
ITS ALL ABOUT THE JOURNEY 👌😎
Tanya
Jan 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant book. Lovely to read. Brilliant way of getting history out there
Rebecca
Apr 01, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Ruhama
Nov 28, 2013 rated it liked it
In this historical fiction book called Catherine of Aragon, it tells the story of a young sixteen-year-old girl from Spain who was supposed to end up marrying Prince Arthur of England-son of King Henry VII of Henry but instead, the ‘sweating sickness’ gives this royal fairytale a twist when one of them ends up dying. Will Catherine’s life end up well? Read and find out.
This book was actually a bit ruined for me since it’s part of a ‘series’ in a way and since I’ve already read a lot of other bo
Alyssa
Jul 10, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
When I was young I used to love the My Story book series and I would say I still do. Although the characters and format of this book is not very complex or well developed I understand it is written for a younger audience. I enjoyed the history aspects of these books and I am really interested in Tudor and royal history which was found in this book. I liked the easiness of this book and the way the history was eased into it making it readable for kids. The historical notes at the back were a nice ...more
Molly
This entire series is a wonderful way to learn history or teach it to adolescents. I find today's generations seem to recall more when they learn through other people (pop songs, celebrity gossip, etc.), so what better way to teach history than through someone else's perspective? Yes, "authentic" diaries would be "better", but would the language really hold the modern student's attention? Did the diary writer know what WOULD be important in the context of history? Probably not.
Elinor
Feb 05, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. I can't remember all that happened in the story because I read it four years ago. Practically a girl is really good friends with Catherine of Arogan and they are on their way to England from Spain because Arthur the older brother of Henry VIII is getting married to Catherine but then things go wrong for Cathrine but things go well too for the girl who tells the story.
A.R. Collins
I'd have liked to read this when I was a child. It is both detailed and accurate, and tells this part of the Tudor story in plain and simple terms. It is well written, and very good for kids. Unfortunately I feel it lacks entertainment value, which is why I feel that it's just okay. I'd have liked a little embellishment to bring the story to life.
Emma
Oct 10, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned-books
I enjoyed this book as I am very interested in the Tudor period.
It was a quick and easy read as I think this book is geared towards children.

I only gave this book 3 stars because although it was enjoyable it wasn't amazing and it didn't teach me anything new about the Tudor period.
Ellen
Jan 29, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: kids, fiction
This is the dairy of Eva, (mama in Anne Boleyn and me) a lady in waiting to Cathrine of Aragon. It documents her travels as a sixteen year - old from Spain to England, and the book finishes with her a 28 year old with a family still serving the queen.
Sonia
Jun 13, 2011 rated it liked it
I actually enjoyed reading this book!! It was good but not great though.
Claudia
Nov 27, 2013 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
Joan
Feb 01, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
For a kid's book- factually interesting.
Ayesha
Feb 04, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked the story as it was in catherine of aragons glory days and that it was in the tudor time i loved it pick it up and enjoy it
Sema
Feb 25, 2014 rated it liked it
o
Elizabeth Rigby
Slightly disappointed! The problem was it was based over 12 years and in most of it nothing seemed to happen! It was ok though

• The Great Plague: The Diary of Alice Paynton, London, 1665-1666
  • Voyage on the Great Titanic: The Diary of Margaret Ann Brady, R.M.S. Titanic, 1912 (Dear America)
  • The Hunger: The Diary of Phyllis McCormack, Ireland, 1845-1847
  • Marie Antoinette: Princess of Versailles, Austria - France, 1769
  • To Kill a Queen: An Elizabethan Girl's Diary 1583 -1586
  • Elizabeth I: Red Rose of the House of Tudor, England, 1544
  • Blitz: The Diary of Edie Benson, London, 1940-1941
  • Cleopatra VII: Daughter of the Nile - 57 B.C.
  • Mary, Queen of Scots: Queen Without a Country
  • Jahanara: Princess of Princesses (The Royal Diaries)
  • The Bone Houses
  • The Spanish Bride
  • The Sixth Wife
  • Mill Girl: The Diary of Eliza Helsted, Manchester, 1842-1843
  • Suffragette: The Diary of Dollie Baxter, London, 1909-1913
  • Hamnet
  • Double Act
  • Woven in Moonlight (Woven in Moonlight, #1)

My Royal Story (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Princess of Egypt: An Egyptian Girl's Diary, 1490 BC
  • Cleopatra VII: Daughter of the Nile - 57 B.C.
  • Anne Boleyn and Me: The Diary of Elinor Valjean, London, 1525-1536