Start by marking “Pandemic (Infected, #3)” as Want to Read:
Pandemic (Infected, #3)

Pandemic

(Infected #3)

The explosive conclusion to the New York Times bestselling trilogy that began with Infected and Contagious.

Published January 21st 2014 by Crown (first published January 1st 2014)

Start your review of Pandemic (Infected, #3)
JP Harvey
Jan 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I thoroughly enjoyed the first two books in this trilogy and patiently waited for this final novel to complete the set. It was definitely worth the wait. The first two books, Infected and Contagious, left me satisfied as to how the story ended but left me anticipating what might come next. I don't really know how the culmination of the story could have been done better. The story and character continuity was fantastic, and everything logically and carefully built to the events in this book. ...more
Tressa
Jul 26, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: horror, 2014
While I enjoyed the third—and I assume last—book in the Infected series, this book wasn't as tightly written and didn't pack the same punch as Infected and Contagious. It started out great but seem to lose steam towards the end, with one of those horror book endings I find somewhat generic.

Margaret Montoya is called on once again to save the world from an alien infection invasion, which this time tries three hopefully fool proof ways to end civilization: some humans host the triangles,
Bill
Jun 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
Triangles…Not just for breakfast anymore. There’s a new deadly alien inspired biological virus in town – Extenction Puffs.

Now, some of our old friends including, Otto & Montoya, fresh from recently saving the world, will be called upon once again to try and come up with a solution for the destroyed Orbitals final attempt to wipe out the human race. It’s really hitting the fan now, the stakes cannot be any higher, and time is running short.

A fitting conclusion to a seriously great series
Ms. Nikki
Margaret Montoya saved the world from aliens in Contagious, but the decision she made killed many and the lives lost still weigh heavily on her.
Clarence Otto, Margaret's husband, has watched her wither away, no longer the confident woman he once new, taking her abuse, until he decides to call it quits.
Margaret's barely able to digest his words when the phone rings and Clarence and Margaret are pulled back into a situation they both thought was over and done.
The aliens left a nasty surprise
Mauoijenn
Outstanding conclusion to an awesome series.
I couldn't get enough of this book.
I hope Sigler writes more like it very soon.
Michael
Podcast novelist (and self-proclaimed future dark overlord) Scott Sigler burst onto the horror scene a couple of years ago Infected. If you've read (or listened to) Sigler's original novel, I need only say two words to make you shudder involuntarily -- chicken scissors.

With that moment, Sigler created something iconic, memorable and utterly horrifying. And it feels like in many ways, Sigler has been chasing that moment, trying to find that same horrific peak that had this reader glued to the
Cheryl
Jan 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
I became a fan of Mr. Sigler's when I first discovered his book Infected. This book was like a new beginning to creepy crawly that the movie, Arachnophobia gave to me. The movie made me check the bathroom toilet before sitting down and Infected had me checking myself in the mirror to make sure that I did not find anything that did not belong. It kept me engrossed in the book and I could not get enough of it like an addict. I knew that Mr. Sigler was a force to be reckoned with. So when I saw his ...more
Lori L (She Treads Softly)
Jan 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
Pandemic by Scott Sigler is the third and final book in his Infected trilogy. This is a satisfying, highly recommended conclusion to the science fiction/horror series started in Infected and Contagious.

After the first two books I wasn't sure exactly what direction Sigler could possibly take to bring this series to a conclusion. Although Sigler has a prologue to summarize the story so far for readers it doesn't really do justice to everything we've all been through to reach this point. I never
Alondra
4 Stars

Completion of a kick-ass series.

This just picks up where Contagious left off. A plot twist that I figured would happen, but just not that way. With the "converted" gaining strength in numbers and intelligence, it is only a matter of time before the world falls. Seriously. You know how infection/viruses work. All it takes is Patient Zero to make contact and all hell breaks loose.

After the loss of so many, it makes me wonder what a 3.5 in this series would look like; hhmmmm??
Stefani
Sep 28, 2011 marked it as to-read
I am going to die before this book comes out! First it was October, now it's January! Someone wake me up in January, I'm hibernating. I can't wait that long, really I can't. I'll blame the editors, it's always the editors...maybe, probably.

On the plus side, I lurve the cover.
Gina Green
Jan 04, 2014 rated it did not like it
I LOVED the first two books. I was really disappointed in this book because it was a bit boring. I didn't feel connected or invested in the characters like I did in the first books.
Mike
Feb 07, 2014 rated it liked it
It has taken Scott Sigler quite a bit of time to finish out hisInfected series. The first two novel in the series,Infected andContagious, were released in 2008 and I reviewed the audiobook version of both around the same time (here and here). The final volume in Sigler's series,Pandemic, was released almost 5 years since I reviewed Contagious. I didn't go back and take a look at the previous two volumes before jumping into Pandemic; a fact which made someone leery going into this novel. ...more
Paul
Jan 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Ever since I first stumbled across Infected, I’ve been a fan. I’ll freely admit I’ve been actively waiting for this particular book to appear. Books one and two, Infected and Contagious, were suitably icky fast-paced horrific affairs and this new book promises more of the same. The only real difference in this case? Sigler has ramped up the tension, the action and the gore to the max. How splendid.

Margaret Montoya and Clarence Otto both return in Pandemic. I think it’s probably fair to say that
Claire Walker
Sep 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favourites-2013
You can read more of my reviews at the rabid bookworm

To say that I am a fan of this series is a mild understatement. I first picked up infected back in 2009 when I’d been set on some awful training course for 3 days and was stuck in a bland hotel with no hope of entertainment at night.

Knowing I was in for 3 nights of utter boredom I went to a bookshop near the hotel to grab something to read. The cover of infected intrigued me, so I bought it thinking I’ll read a few chapters before bed.. this
Nicole (( lost in the book's world ))

THIS BOOK????

Answer is...

THAT WHAT I HAVE LOOKING FOR!

I have heard that this series is zombie and then I decided to read this series. First book I read, Infected, my react was...

I was like um...it's not zombie... DUH...

So, I was making a decided to continue read this series or not.

Yup, I am glad I did decided to continue read it!

Let's skip with second book, there is not necessary to discuss about it. I want to discuss about THIS BOOK, PANDEMIC!!!!!

THIS BOOK IS

I can't describe it....OMG.

What
Cosima
A great end to one of the most entertaining and disturbing alien stories I've ever read. I was thrilled/shocked to see that the series went out with such a bang.

It's been a few years since I read the other two books in the trilogy but I was able to keep up with this one well enough. The flashbacks helped without distracting. I wouldn't say that "Pandemic" works that well as a stand-alone story even though it kind of fills you in here and there on past events. You'd be missing out on a lot if you
Erin Wolak
Apr 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ok. I have been trying to be very fair when rating books this year. Instead of just giving everybody 5 stars like I normally would, I've taken the time to actually try and think of things that would be fair on the rating scale. That being said I fully believe this book deserves a 5 star rating. I read the first two books in the trilogy when they first came out and waited (for what seemed like forever) for this final installment to come out. I find the whole premise of this book trilogy amazing. ...more
Karen’s Library
Wow! Now that was an epic finish to the series!! What's not to like? We have serious science, creepy aliens, horror, lots of gore and an apocalypse. It's everything I could want in an epic tale.

Out of all of Sigler's books I've read so far (5), this one was my favorite and I really did not want it to end! I binge read this series right after reading his Ancestor and was pleased to see Dr. Feelygood back in this 3rd book of the Infected series.

I've been on a Sigler kick lately and now need to go
Henri Moreaux
Pandemic's the final in a trilogy of books including Infected & Contagious

Despite the 6 year gap from start to finish Pandemic is every bit as good as the first two books, this, without a doubt, has to be one of the best multiple book story lines I've ever read. Each book in its own right has been outstanding and the plot arc across the lot is likewise outstanding.

If you haven't read any Sigler, do yourself a favour and order the first book, Infected. You can pickup secondhand first edition
Janjaf
Jul 13, 2014 rated it it was ok
Such a disappointment!

Whereas the first two in this trilogy were both original, creepy, scary, and gross... this is just a fumbling mess.

It sort of picks up where Contagious concluded. Plotwise, at least. But, unfortunately neither writing, stoiry, plot, ideas nor genre is anywhere near the two previous books. An lengthy, complicated setup, fast degenerates into an average, predictable bit of Hollywood-action.
David
Feb 18, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: horror
Sigler's first two novels in this trilogy, INFECTED & CONTAGIOUS are among my favorite SF/Horror novels. They're snappy, WTF, OMG action novels, with twists, turns, shocks and a breakneck pace. This one is a different animal altogether; it's none of those things.

The two previous books work perfectly as a duology. PANDEMIC is utterly dull, plodding and holds no surprises. I suspect it's more a money grab for the author than a natural extension of the story.
Rabbit {Paint me like one of your 19th century gothic heroines!}
Disclaimer: This ARC was given to me for free in exchange for an honest review from Netgalley.

DNF. I just can't put myself through this. I've read better and the characters are driving me nuts. Too bad because the idea behind this seemed really cool and interesting.
Kristin Cast
Oct 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely amazing conclusion to a fabulous trilogy!
Morgan
Sep 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Wow...really wow. Loved this series. Seriously. Loved. It.
May 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really loved this book. I knew going into the series most of the characters would not make it all the way to the end of book three so I tried not to get too attached. But the attachment to the characters was unexpected and I think that says a lot about the author's storytelling ability. Even those that were lost were kept around in one way or another and it didn't feel like they were completely gone. The book started out strong and held my attention all the way through. The diseases and their ...more
Dean Macholl
Oct 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good finish for the series

I did enjoy this book but the first one was the best in the series. I missed some of the original characters but the new ones were pretty good replacements. The story ends nicely with no loose ends I can think of. Good amount if action and suspense. If you are a fan of the first two, you should read this one, you won't regret it.
Kathryn Svendsen
I have read (listened to, actually) several of Scott Sigler’s books before I started reviewing books on this blog, so when I had the opportunity to review Pandemic, I jumped at the chance. I don’t review a lot of material in the horror/thriller genre, but I do enjoy a good fright now and then, and Scott Sigler certain delivers in that area. In fact, after I finished reading the book, I visited his website and watched the trailer for the book. I realized that if that was a movie trailer, I wouldn ...more
Dylan Derby
Oct 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
I read the first two books in this series years ago and picked this last book up on a whim. I did not remember a ton about the first two books but i did remember enough to easily get into the book and not feel lost. I was hoping the book would delve very far into a destroyed America/ World and although it is mentioned how bad things are once the ball gets rolling the only time the reader is actually up close and personal with the devastation is only when we are reading chapters from people in ...more
Scott
Jan 12, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow what a journey! The Infected trilogy comes to a close here and goes out with a bang. Great character development here especially Tim Feely. Nice to "see" an old character back here too. My only complaint was the beginning was a little slow, but the last half of the book was unputdownable!
Liz Barnsley
Oct 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Coming January 2014 from Crown Publishing.

Thank you to Crown, the author and Netgalley for the advance copy. VERY exciting!

The alien intelligence that unleashed two horrific assaults on humanity has been destroyed. But before it was brought down in flames, it launched one last payload-a tiny soda-can-sized canister filled with germs engineered to wreak new forms of havoc on the human race. That harmless-looking canister has languished under thousands of feet of water for years, undisturbed and
2015 Reading Chal...: Pandemic by Scott Sigler 1 11 Jan 04, 2015 09:52AM
Pandemic Release Date! (Scott Sigler) 1 35 Oct 12, 2013 11:59AM

• Crescent
  • 7th Son:  Descent (7th Son, #1)
  • MirrorWorld
  • XOM-B
  • We're Alive: A Story of Survival, the First Season
  • Fall of Night (Dead of Night, #2)
  • Cryptid Island
  • Commune: Book Four (Commune #4)
  • Cryptid Country (Cryptid Zoo #2)
  • Little Heaven
  • Patient Zero (Joe Ledger, #1)
  • 7th Son: Deceit (7th Son, #2)
  • Immortal
  • Code Zero (Joe Ledger, #6)
  • Uneasy Street: The Anxieties of Affluence
  • Snowblind II: The Killing Grounds
  • Singularity (The Archon Sequence #1)
  • Seed

Get Scott's free, unabridged weekly audiobook episodes from iTunes by subscribing to his podcast.

#1 New York Times best-selling author Scott Sigler is the creator of fifteen novels, six novellas and dozens of short stories. He gives away his stories as weekly, serialized, audiobooks, with over 40 million episodes downloaded.

Scott launched his career by releasing his novels as

Infected (3 books)
  • Infected (Infected, #1)
  • Contagious (Infected, #2)