Start by marking “To Say Goodbye” as Want to Read:
To Say Goodbye

To Say Goodbye

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating details ·  14 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
What would you say to your loved ones if you were only given a short time to live?

Having to leave family behind is a cruel fate, made worse when they are children. These are the touching words of a father to his daughter after being diagnosed with a brain tumour, knowing that she is too young to understand.

All they have is hope...
Published 2010 by Lyvit Pub.

To ask other readers questions about To Say Goodbye, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about To Say Goodbye

Alya
Jun 26, 2010 rated it it was amazing
This is an inspirational book written under unusual circumstances. Many people have lost friends at a young age, but to lose two friends to similar conditions is more than an unfortunate coincidence. To concentrate that energy on a positive action, such as writing a book to educate others, is commendable.

The story itself is simple to follow and avoids unnecessarily complicated language, indeed being written colloquially in places. There are some heart breaking moments well before the end, leavin
Richard
Sep 12, 2010 rated it really liked it
After reading this book I was happily surprised. As well as encapsulating the darker side of being diagnosed with a terminal disease the author has also concentrated on his daughter's activities each day and her incredible pace of life. It's a book about looking on the bright side of life regardless of your situation making it a very enjoyable read.

It's also written in a diary format, one that makes it easy to pick up and put down at your convenience. Before long, however, I was unable to put it
Cheryl
Jul 26, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: i-have-read-this
This was a eye opening book, to see through the eye's of a dying father and the love and admiration he had for his family.
Puts into prospective what you would do if this was your story and how you would handle saying goodbye to loved ones.
Although the end of the story is sad it is also joyful you don't expect a surprise ending!
I give this book 5 stars!!!!
Great book and wonderful Author, read it for yourself...
Philippa
Nov 21, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
I have recently received this book and know it will have a impact upon myself as my Dad has spent the last three years being diagnosed and treated for cancer. It is giving me an insight into what he has gone through and as my Dad is not much of a 'talker' I think the author has done a wonderful job in writing this book. Thank you.
Melody
Jun 25, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: first-reads
This was a memoir of a dad diagnosed with cancer, his struggles coming to term with it, his struggles with his treatments, and not being able to be there for his daughter growing up. This book is basically for her. A super fast read, read in one afternoon. Very touching.
Dierdra McGill
Sep 30, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: adult-fiction
To say Goodbye was a diary type book, it was a short read about living with cancer and written fior his daughter. This is fiction, and why I do appreciate what the author was trying to do here and usually I love these books, but this one left me bored. I could not get into the book at all, the writing seemed so flat to me. It was a short read but I had to force myself to finish it.
Becky
Jan 19, 2011 rated it really liked it
Good book but sorry to see that when i finished it, it was time to say goodbye
Marie Lander
Nov 21, 2010 rated it really liked it
A thought provoking and poiniant book. A must read.
Roy Huff
May 10, 2015
Terry Lander
Apr 24, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Aliye Peynirci
Aug 14, 2017
Rick F.
Oct 17, 2010
Charlotte
rated it did not like it
Jan 14, 2016
Amber
Heather
Availability 2 6 Mar 12, 2011 02:03AM
Further Reviews 1 7 Jun 01, 2010 02:23AM
Terry Lander is a British author, best known for his novels Banned and Alf & Mabel. He started writing in 2005 and has explored a number of different genres, often focusing on the unpredictability of human nature and the emotive side of his characters.

In 2013 he ran the London Marathon and wrote about the experience in his memoir Fat Guy Runs a Marathon. The book charts his journey from couch
More about Terry Lander