Start by marking “Falling From Grace (Grace, #1)” as Want to Read:
Falling From Grace (Grace, #1)

Falling From Grace

(Grace #1)

When you wake up in the morning and your eyes take in the first hints of light that shine through your window, the dust motes catching and reflecting the sun’s rays like little diamonds, the shimmering hues of yellow and orangey gold breaking through into your room, the first thing you think about usually isn’t how you’re going to make it through the worst day of your life ...more
Published January 10th 2010 by Crystal Quill Publishing (first published November 9th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Falling From Grace, please sign up.
Izzy Did you try a website/app called overdrive. If you have a library card, you can search the book there and read it on there website. It is completly fr…moreDid you try a website/app called overdrive. If you have a library card, you can search the book there and read it on there website. It is completly free. Only downside is that it has to be a library in your state and county that you are searching on otherwise you won't be able to enter your library card without getting an error. Hope this helps.(less)
Hush, Hush by Becca FitzpatrickCity of Bones by Cassandra ClareFallen by Lauren KateCrescendo by Becca FitzpatrickCity of Glass by Cassandra Clare
YA Angels
374 books — 1,779 voters
Angelfall by Susan EeSwitched by Amanda HockingMy Blood Approves by Amanda HockingThe Darkest Frost, Vol. 1 by Tanya HolmesHell's Teeth by James Fahy
Indie Books - Paranormal Fiction
2,862 books — 3,720 voters

More lists with this book...

Start your review of Falling From Grace (Grace, #1)
Emma
Nov 23, 2010 rated it did not like it
So I cant tell you how excited i was to read this one. It had stellar reviews. At the time I ordered it, the average goodreads rating was something along the lines of 4.5 or more. Hell, with reviews like that this book couldnt possibly be a bad read. Right?

Unfortunately i was wrong. very very wrong. I hate writing less than stellar reviews but I think people should be warned before buying: this is not a 4 star book. I just wish someone had of warned me beforehand. But no, i bought it.

So.. reaso
Carolina
Jan 02, 2011 rated it did not like it
Grace was so boring! The plot was so boring, the story was so boring!
And come on, things like this wouldn't happen even if angels and all that stuff did exist! When you read a book like this (paranormal, urban-fantasy, whatever) you have to think: if angels/vampires, etc were real could this happen? In this case: NO!
Grace is considered a freak by all the school, she doesn't care about her image and (I can't believe this, but here it goes) a hot guy falls in love for her! Yeah, I know, UNBELIEVA
Jasmine Cardenas
Aug 10, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone, people who want more ethnic diversity in their books, people who'll actually read the book
Katinki
Jan 15, 2012 rated it did not like it
1.5 Stars.

This review might as well be for the entire series. There are like 4 books. I read most of the 1st one, and for reasons I'll go into below, I committed a cardinal sin in reading: I flipped through books 2 and 3, skimmed every now and then, and skipped to read the last half of the last book (#4). I did this to see if it was worth my time actually reading the books in between (2 and 3). Answer? No.

What I liked?
- There was a lot of good angst in the first part of the book. Grace's situ
Rbjmarie1224
Dec 19, 2010 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Umm what can I say about this...utter disappointment. I couldn't even get through the first couple of chapters because what I was reading was neither believable nor executed in a way that readers could relate. I feel like some elementary school kid was writing this and pretending to be a teenager which would be understandable with how two-dimensional and pathetic some of the characters were. I could certainly buy it if some child were playing make-believe with the woes of a teenaged soul but an ...more
Swathi
May 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Woah...that has to be one of the longest books I have EVER read. Excluding Kingdom of Ash of course...
Faye
Nov 24, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: readers drwan to angel characters
So, at the first part of the book, I begun to get bored because I thought that my judgment that this book would rock, seemed to be wrong (what with all the sad story of the pathetic girl who had her heart broken by her best friend turned jock who happened to be dating the pretty and popular but bitchy girl in their school).

Up until then, I was seriously contemplating if I would continue reading this book since it’s somewhat long and I really just jiggle reading in the very little time left I had
Rachel
Sep 14, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Grace Shelley is an outcast. Having lost her mother to a car crash as a child, one she managed to escape without a single scratch, made her an oddity to her peers and neighbors. Through this she’s always had her best friend Graham Hasselbeck at her side. Graham who is handsome and popular and who would defend her against their cruelty.

But Grace committed the ultimate friendship “no no” and revealed her hidden love for Graham. Right before the beginning of senior year. Now she’s left to face her
Curly Carla Celebrity Readers

Okay this is one of those books that are super confusing but you can’t stop reading it.  I don’t know why I keep falling in to these writing traps.  So this story line was ALL over the place.  Not much was resolved by the end, in fact there was so much info dumping that I couldn’t tell you what the story was really about.  It was a giant cargo plane stuffed with fireworks that crashed into an oil tanker. You can imagine right?  And I just couldn’t look awa
Grace Yoshinaga
Aug 08, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone who likes young adult novels and those who don't.
I hate young adult novels. I hate them with a passion.

But a friend whose reading tastes I trust, and whose likes and dislikes run parallel to mine, suggested that I read this book. She lent it to me on my nook without telling me that this was a book in the young adult genre. The intro is a snippet from a poem by EAP, one of the greatest poets and short story writers in America's history, and I became intrigued.

I was done with the book before I realized what I had read, and the realization that I
Kiki
Jan 31, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Grace and Robert is such a beautiful couple! Robert--what a breathtaking angel he is. S. L. Naeole's lyrical prose will leave you wanting more, and thank goodness for that, as Bird Song and Black Halo are already out. I do not think I could contain the excitement as I get ready to plunge into book two of the Grace series.

S. L. Naeole's unique and captivating twist on angels and everything in-between is refreshing and innovative. Trust me, I have read many angel series before this one, and all I
JoJo - JJJ (Jo Anna) Janesko
This was an excellent read. Although I thoroughly enjoyed the book I think that perhaps it could be cut down some. It was descriptive to the point of the reader almost getting a bit bored. In the same breath I loved the story line and the characters they are all people I wish I had in my life. I am continuing with the series because I must know what happens next. If you are a fan of books about angels check this one out. It is a goodie.
Kylie
I thought this book was a complete waste of time. It is mainly a book of sappy dialogue and no actual plot. Grace never shuts up about her low self-esteem, Robert is a bi-polar jerk, and the high school drama/teasing is overdone and unrealistic. I bought the book for mere entertainment and it failed at even that. No, I will not be continuing the series.
Kara
Apr 20, 2011 rated it really liked it
MELODRAMATIC! SAPPY! MELODRAMATIC AGAIN!!! OMG, SUPER SAPPY!!!

Seriously people, I can’t decide what this book has more of: gut-wrenching, end-of-the-world, oh my god melodramatic scenes or syrupy-sweet, stifle-an-eye roll/giggle sappy scenes. It is intensely both of these things. Sometimes even simultaneously! Not that melodrama and sap are necessarily bad things… just be warned.

I think it is pretty obvious from these reviews that there is not much middle ground on this book. You are either goi
Damaris (GoodChoiceReading)
Jul 29, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: for-fun
It seems like lately Angels are the IT in books right now. For a while I wanted to read Falling From Grace and I was fortunate enough to get a copy from the author herself. I was really excited to start reading this book after reading all the great reviews on it. Well, I can tell you right now that I was not let down. I REALLY enjoyed Falling from Grace.

From the very beginning Grace's life starts on a crazy roller coaster ride. It was so easy to put myself in her shoes and feel her pain. I felt
Vicky
Nov 14, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fodder, own, ya, series
Ok I know that I've read that GR's ppl are saying that this has no similarities to the much beloved Twilight series but ...Really!! Ok it's like the author took many aspects of that series and put a different spin on it and for some moments took other annoyin aspects of Twilight like Bella's inabiliy to defend herself and her ability to annoy u were her inability to not be able to escape the hot bf's charms. Also she made the friend a friend and quickly settled that triangle (at least for this b ...more
Bexs ~Fallen Arrow lover~
Oct 17, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I'll start by saying that this is one of the best books I've ever read.
It's beautifully written, everything is described really well and I often found myself in Grace's shoes. I love how at the beginning of the book Grace's life is described, it really sucked me in, knowing so much about her in just a few pages, making me want to read more.
The characters are really well built, and I love how Grace became stronger, more trusting in her own beauty and intelligence. One of the characters I liked th
Robin
Nov 29, 2010 added it
I was really excited to read this book. I'd been waiting for it anxiously. I'd heard so many good reviews. It has 4.4 stars here. Well, I kept reading it, certain that eventually I would be captivated, pulled in to the novel and wouldn't be able to put it down. I never felt that. Instead, I read stream of conscious after stream of concsious. Yes, Grace is different, yes, her life is hard, but really, the real reason Robert was so drawn to her? I still don't understand it. Also, there wasn't enou ...more
Vicki
Jul 09, 2013 rated it did not like it
Too boring to get into...I'll have to pick it back up at a later date.

**UPDATE**

So I finished this one. And I use the word "finished" very loosely. I basically just skimmed through it because I couldn't flat out read it without rolling my eyes. Grace is the most self-depricating, whiny, weepy, uninteresting character that I have ever read, period. Her whole "I'm not pretty", "nobody likes me", "I'm a social pariah" thing was nauseating. I mean, how does the author expect us to like a character w
Lilinoe Kahilinaki
Oct 13, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: angels, awesome-books
My mom gave me one of those visa gift cards for my birthday and I was so excited to use it to buy books for my Kindle since I love books. This one showed up as a recommended book so I bought it and the two others and I don't think I slept at all for almost a week straight reading them. It's a good thing I'm home schooled or else I'd probably be failing all my classes! LOL!
This book isn't about fallen angels but the kind that walk with us. There's a lot of mythology, some scary stuff, some awesom
Marie
Dec 21, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: angels, favorites
I love this series and downloaded the sequel immedietly after I fished this! It's captivating, and I almost forgot to breath numerous times while holding my breath turning every page. I had no clue as to what about to happen page after page, it was so unpredictable which was refreshing. I fell in love with Robert immediatley, and I have taken a strange liking to Lark. She had me in stiches! It's an amazing book, and I highly recommend to everyone who liks a good book. One of my gavouraite books ...more
Lalola
Jul 21, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I love this book. I love everything about these characters and the story. The story is something fresh and not just another version of the same concept like all of the other young adult books out there.

The characters are real and believable and this author has done a fantastic job bringing us into her story and the world that she has created.

I read this boom in one sitting. I couldn't put it down.
Ceitidh
Aug 15, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: young-adult
This was such a beautiful reading. Five stars are not enough compared to what you can earn by reading this book.
It's one of those few books where you can find such great amount of goodness, innocence, life lessons, personal growing and love in its most pure form.

Im so glad that I still have two more Grace books to read! and I'm looking forward for the forth one which is coming out this December, Thanks LORD!!!
I highly recommend it to everyone.

10 stars!!! ★★★★★★★★★★
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
Jan 26, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle-books
This book was amazing! I loved Grace and Robert, Stacy, Lark and even Graham. I got so involved with their characters it was hard to put the book down. I felt every emotion they felt, their joy, their heartbreak, their anger, their jealously. This book had me laughing, it had me on the edge of my seat, it had tears in my eyes, it had it all.
I can't wait to read the next in the series. Ms. Naeole has made a fan in me.
☆☆Hannah☆☆
Jan 30, 2017 rated it liked it
Overall this was a good book. My biggest complaint was that it was too long. If an author wants to write a long book that's fine with me. They just need to make more things happen to keep me interested. In the beginning of this book I was angry at how everyone treated Grace. Thankfully by the end of the book things were better for her. If that hadn't happened I would not have given this book a decent rating.
Ashley
Nov 10, 2010 rated it it was amazing
This was an amazing read. It made me think about all the stuff people take for granted and the way we treat others without really thinking about it. I look up to grace and only wish i had it in me to be as brave as her.
Erin
Jul 09, 2010 rated it really liked it
Definitely an enjoyable read - a sweet story...
Wendy Darling
An embarrassingly juvenile and irritating main character mixed up in a predictable story and relationship.
Kai
Oct 10, 2010 rated it it was amazing
theDCdarling
Dec 16, 2010 rated it liked it
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• The Perfect Game (The Perfect Game, #1)
  • White Raven (Raven, #1)
  • Significance (Significance, #1)
  • Secret of the Sirens
  • Enticed (The Violet Eden Chapters, #2)
  • Endless (The Violet Eden Chapters, #4)
  • Empower (The Violet Eden Chapters, #5)
  • Releasing The Gods (The Titan's Saga #1)
  • Forbidden (Forbidden #1)
  • Black Crow (Raven, #2)
  • Starfire Angels (Starfire Angels: Dark Angel Chronicles, #1)
  • The Will and the Wilds
  • Halo (Halo, #1)
  • Sweet Reckoning (Sweet, #3)
  • Embrace (The Violet Eden Chapters, #1)
  • Existence (Existence, #1)
  • Claimed by Gods (Their Dark Valkyrie #1)
  • World After (Penryn & the End of Days, #2)
S.L. Naeole has always loved the smell of books, the feel of books, and the destination that a book is guaranteed to take you. She knew from an early age that she was meant to write, to create those very same books she loved so much and vowed that one day, she would.

Now, after getting married and starting a family, she has finally made her dream come true. As the author of Falling From Grace, she'

Grace (4 books)
  • Bird Song (Grace, #2)
  • Black Halo (Grace, #3)
  • Grace of Day (Grace, #4)