Start by marking “Two Week Trial (Love Beyond Barriers, #1)” as Want to Read:
Two Week Trial  (Love Beyond Barriers, #1)

Two Week Trial (Love Beyond Barriers #1)

3.05  ·  Rating details ·  194 Ratings  ·  23 Reviews
Hi. My name is Mari. I'm of average height, average weight, average looks and I hold an average position at Hardy's All Goods, my personal version of retail hell. To sum up, I'm nothing special. So why has Devon Campbell, the city's Most Eligible Bachelor-and my unrequited high-school crush-suddenly crashed back into my life, claiming I'm the one who got away?Devon can't p ...more
ebook, 1st, 111 pages
Published April 7th 2010 by Ellora's Cave Romantica

To ask other readers questions about Two Week Trial, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Two Week Trial

Beckey
Let me start by saying yes this fiction but when you write a story please follow with a plausible timeline…

This book had two in it that seem extremely farfetched and implausible… which is the main reason I was docked a star (a half for each…): (These could be considered a spoiler)

The first one was the “day off” and the couple went on a date to the museum…

First off most museums that I know of don’t open until 9am or 10am in the morning (and usually close between 5pm & 6pm) … and not only th
Cornelia
Dec 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is a hot and heartwarming modern day Cinderella story. Mari is surprised to find out Devlin, the cute guy in high school that she thought she could never be with, has been looking for her for the last five years. He even hired a private detective to find her. He’s now a millionaire and an eligible and sought after bachelor, but he only wants the girl he fell in love with in school, Mari.

Mari’s insecurities from her bad childhood as a foster child make it hard for her to trust his love. But
Heather andrews
Nov 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
Devon he's just a sweetheart, "screw the money, Mari. I'm not concerned about that. Please, sweetheart. Just tell me what's wrong." He loves to take care of his woman, "holding you, baby. I'll feed you breadsticks until we get to your place." He doesn't make fun of her for the naughty dreams she has, "no problem, sweetheart. That must've been one hell of a dream. I'd be jealous if it wasn't my name you were calling out." Mari that girl she gets distracted easily when Devon is in the room, "my ey ...more
Jeananna
Nov 19, 2013 rated it it was ok
A quick easy read. Seemed a little choppy to me like maybe there were 2 different authors... some scenes were demure and hesitant and then others would be super hot and descriptive. Still a sweet story line and gives you the HEA.
Karen Anderson
Nov 20, 2013 rated it liked it
Short & sweet
Tonileg
Contemporary high school second chances short story with an improbable but sweet premise that a rich smart jock fell in love with a super quiet poor foster care girl in high school but never did anything to follow up until years later.
Mari works at a big box business called Hardy’s All Goods where she stocks and takes care of the cash register until the crazy random day that her high school crush walks in to ask her out to dinner.
Devon Campbell is out to woo his first love, Mari and he brings ou
Aղցela W.
Nov 29, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 100-200pg, free, m-f
This was a short quick read. Mari's life is a bit of a mess thanks to bad foster parents. She never guessed that the one guy that had caught and held her attention during her sophomore year, not only noticed her but honestly wanted to get to know her. Devon is determined that she see him as a real person rather than the "Most Eligible Bachelor". Devon truly and honestly wants to be with Mari and give her a happily ever after. Mari has erotic dreams that are off the charts about a guy from high s ...more
Brianna (The Book Vixen)
Two Week Trial was a cute romance, though I had some problems with it. Mari and Devon fall in love quite quickly, before the two week trial is even up. And once they had declared their love, the ‘I love you’s’ came all too often. It was too much, too soon but their relationship lacked passion. Something else that bothered me was that Mari didn’t reject the money Devon kept throwing at her. In fact, she took it with too much ease. Then Devon brings up a past incident from Mari’s life, which I’m n ...more
Feb 03, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A great short romance story. An easy read if you don't have a lot of time to get in to a heavy book. Features a gorgeous hunk of a man who spends years trying to track down the one who got away from college and when he finds her, he will do anything for her and doesn't want to let her go. Isn't that what we all want, ladies? ;-)
Katherine O'Grady
Apr 27, 2014 rated it did not like it
Irritated by the heavy-handed characterization of the two main characters. She's not just working class, no, she's orphaned, abused, works a low-paying retail job, etc, etc. He isn't just good-looking guy from high scho- he's uber-rich, perfect, dresses perfectly, everyone likes him, etc, etc. Oy. I made it through the whole story. Do not recommend.

Bought from kobo.
Xavier Neal
May 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
Great read if...you enjoy short stories, romance stories, prince charming stories, female character with a rough past, lost loves, pining for someone you want, rich romantic men, hot sex scenes, and an obvious but well deserved HEA. (Writing was was easy to read, part of me hoped there would have been a sequel or more to the story because it had potential albeit it was cliche but still enjoyable)
Aneta
Nov 30, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2013, kindle, romance
This story was very sweet (re. Cindirella story). A girl's life turns upside down completly when her long hidden crush comes back into her life and within two weeks they have time to explore their feelings.
Kaffi
Jan 04, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A sweet and sexy romance

Yes this book is predictable, but still worth reading. It has the right mix of character development, story line and sex. One of the best things about the happy ending is...no cliffhanger!
T.
Nov 27, 2013 rated it liked it
Not bad, a good story and decent character development. But the story seemed to drag a bit, and while I was interested, I was never fully involved with the characters. A good read, and an excellent value as it was free.
Patricia Ange
Too quick

While the plot had promise the story just didn't deliver. The characters were more caricature than realistic. The story appeared to be a more of cross between Pretty Woman and a fairy tale than a contemporary romance.
Lisa
Mar 26, 2014 rated it liked it
A really good short story, no loose ends and very lovely. Wish it had been longer as I was just starting to bond with the characters when it finished.
Other than that it was greatly written, thought out and executed.
Dena
Mar 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I think this book has a great concept, it just needs more depth in the beginning and the end of this book. Otherwise it's not a bad read
Amy T Evans
Nov 18, 2013 rated it liked it
This was a cute short story.
Lani Smith
Nov 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
Very quick read.... Actually enjoyed the story line.
Anna
Dec 05, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: fiction
I kept waiting and waiting for the other shoe to drop and for a plot to develop. And maybe it does somewhere after the halfway point? Regardless, I gave up.
Jess F. (From Me to You ... Book Reviews)
I wasn't captivated enough with it to want to finish reading it.
Melody
Paula
rated it it was ok
Nov 26, 2013
Sandi
rated it did not like it
Nov 27, 2013
Rebecca Fitts
Feb 05, 2014
David Calder
Mar 28, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Undone Rebel (Undone Lovers, #1)
  • Ellora's Cavemen: Jewels of the Nile I
  • Cat Got Your Tongue?
  • Misplaced Princess (Foreign Affairs, #1)
  • Fancy Free (Fancy Free, #1)
  • Kiss of Moonlight (Lucani Lovers, #1)
  • Fuel To The Fire
  • Doing Thyme (Alien Affairs, #1)
  • Ellora's Cavemen: Seasons of Seduction I
  • Jungle Inferno (Phoenix Agency, #1)
  • Crimson (Red Panty Diaries #1)
  • Awakened from Ice (Werewolf Sentinels #1)
  • Christmas Cash (Raising Cain, #1)
  • Smoldering Nights (Underground Encounters, #1)
  • Saved By Sex (SinSity Stories)
  • Pinned Up (Pinned Up Trilogy, #1)
  • Believe In the Magic (Shifting Magic, #1)
  • Seducer (Sensual Captivity, #1)
I'm a Texas native who loves to read and write Urban Fantasy, Paranormal Romance and Erotica. When not reading or writing I'm an avid photographer."
More about Missy Jane...

Love Beyond Barriers (4 books)
  • Two Dates Max  (Love Beyond Barriers, # 2)
  • Too Hard to Break  (Love Beyond Barriers, #3)
  • Too Much to Lose  (Love Beyond Barriers, # 4)
“was staring. “Do you like your job?” I took my gaze from the menu long enough to look up at his question. “As much as anyone in retail I guess.” He laughed, the deep, masculine sound reverberating” 0 likes