Start by marking “The Unavailable Father: Seven Ways Women Can Understand, Heal, and Cope with a Broken Father-Daughter Relationship” as Want to Read:

3.68  ·  Rating details ·  31 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
Strategies for overcoming a damaged father/daughter relationship Problems between fathers and daughters can damage a young girl's identity, convince her she's unloveable or without worth, and send her into unhealthy adult relationships. This groundbreaking book includes in-depth stories and case histories of a broad spectrum of women over 25 who have recovered and flourish ...more
Published May 3rd 2010 by Jossey-Bass (first published March 30th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Unavailable Father, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Unavailable Father

Robyn
Aug 08, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2011-08
This book did give me some insight to chew on, but not very much. Hearing the stories was kind of I interesting, but most of the book seemed like common sense to me, not entirely illuminating. It also got pretty repetitive at the end.
Marie
May 18, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: mental-health
This was an interesting read but at times did not seem to reflect a global population of women. (Spoiler alert)- Chapters 7 and 8 appear to have more unity as far as application and this is not to say previous sections were any less informative. Over all not a bad read and the author includes several resources for readers interested in additional information.
Stephanie Kuligowski
Emotionally difficult...but on spot

Very difficult emotionally to read, it brought home reality I have never fully recognised. I had to read it, and put it down several times through tears. It was not until my father died that I felt the freedom to be who and what I am. Must read for anyone who has gone through this
Liliana
Feb 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
The most highlighted ebook I have in my possession. Maybe a more detailed review in future, too difficult now.
K, Nz
Dec 12, 2011 rated it liked it
Dipped in and out, and what I did read was very good - and validating of my own experience, just wasn't in the right space to digest it all at the time, and prob too sensitive to go back to...
Chalyn
Jul 01, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was very informative and truly helpful for me.
Malissa Walker-levno