Start by marking “The Abominable Snowman of Pasadena (Goosebumps, #38)” as Want to Read:
The Abominable Snowman of Pasadena (Goosebumps, #38)

The Abominable Snowman of Pasadena (Goosebumps #38)

3.44  ·  Rating details ·  3,233 Ratings  ·  121 Reviews
FORGET FROSTY!

Jordan Blake and his sister, Nicole, are sick of the hot weather in Pasadena. Just once they'd like to have a real winter. A real winter with real snow.

And then it happens. The Blakes are off to Alaska! Seems that Mr. Blake has been asked to photograph a mysterious snow creature there.

Poor Jordan and Nicole. They just wanted to see snow. But now they're being
Published 1995 by Scholastic

Γιώτα Παπαδημακοπούλου
Λίγο αφελές για τα γούστα μου, ακόμα κι αν μιλάμε για ένα παιδικό βιβλίο. Βέβαια, βασίζεται σε έναν ιδιαίτερα δημοφιλή κι εμπορικό θρύλο, αλλά αυτό δεν στέκεται αρκετό από μόνο του για να στηρίξει το όλο εγχείρημα που κάπου μοιάζει να χάνει.
Molly
Dec 30, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young, adult, horror
The entire series is corny, silly, far from scary, and bordering on stupid. But it's ADDICTIVE. It's a genuinely amusing series. Good for kicking back and relaxing.
Carmen
Mar 02, 2015 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Kids; Parents
Well, THAT was weird. o.O But in a good way, I think. This is less of a horror story and more an adventure story, I'd say.

Jordan and Nicole Blake have never seen snow. They've spent their whole lives in sunny Pasadena, California. They try to imagine snow - but can't. Their father is a renowned photographer - and he's called off on assignment to track down an abominable snowman which has been spotted in Alaska. Since the kids' babysitter is not available, he's taking them with him.

Stunned and th
Glenn
Oct 13, 2013 rated it liked it
Currently rereading my original Goosebumps collection

I iked this one until R. L. Stine ruined the ending by changing the plot and making it about 'magic snow'. I wanted more of the snowman! Also, this cover is fairy misleading. This book is not about The Abominable Snowman wreaking havoc across California. Not an entirely bad book, but could've focused more on the plot with the snowman.

Read from October 15, 2013 - October 15, 2013
Kristina
За първи път чета книга тази поредица и ми беше приятно. Ако трябва да бъда честна, имах доста по-големи очаквания и ми се искаше да има малко повече действие.

Идеална поредица за деца от възрастовата група 8-11 :)
itchy
Dec 21, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: soft
what a weird turn of events
Weathervane
Dec 15, 2008 rated it did not like it
Shelves: goosebumps
An atrocious mess.

Jordan Blake and his sister Nicole live in California, and they're sick of the good weather. Their dad is a photographer who is easily distressed by Jordan's weak pranks.

Their dad goes to Alaska to search for the abominable snowman, and he figures it'd be a good idea to take his kids along with him.

Well, surprise, it wasn't.

Basically there's no way I can describe how truly terrible this book is without going into the ending, and I'm not going to do that. But rest assured that i
Tracey
So what the hell was going on with the snowman? Was he an animal or did he used to be human? Why did he love trail mix so much? Why was he so helpful with the kids? And where the hell did he go when he ran off in Pasadena? My guess is that he's dead from overheating since R.L. Stine didn't bother to give me a proper ending.
Asher
Dec 10, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
THis book is interesting if you like a scary comedy. these kids go to alaska and its odd beacaues theyve never seen snow.i think thats odd that they have never seen snow when they live in the united states. it made me wonder, where do they go for there vacations. it is an odd book because of the fact that theres an abominable snowman. and then the fact that they have to goo search for it is even funnier.
Alexander Draganov
The best "Goosebumps" book I have read so far - well written, atmospheric and with a nice plot twist in the end. Bravo, R.L. Stein!
Full review in Bulgarian here:
Natalia Gamarra Espinoza
Primer libro del año y elegí a R.L. Stine porque me encantan sus historias, pero este no me gustó mucho. Odié a los dos niños por su necedad y la forma de arruinar el trabajo a su padre. Entiendo que ese era el detalle de la historia y no obtener un final perfecto pero no pude evitar la cólera mientras leía =(
Julia
Sep 30, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: book, ya-juvenile
Ghoosebumps as I mentioned before in another review has never been really my cup of tea but this one seemed to be somewhat interesting with the cover picture (again the cover picture doesn't even closely resembles what happens in the book).

Stine kept his characters basic - the ever-present squabbling sister and brother (is this a Stine basic?), the ever-occupied parent and the wish for something to do since the kids are bored. There really isn't much personality put into the characters so it's
David Santos
Nov 02, 2011 rated it liked it
I have to take off points, because of the ending and we never learn about what happened to the "Snowman" after his escape. I hate it whens stories end just like that. The story looked promising. We had a guide that hated the kids (which we never read what happened to him either!)and that's always fun because it makes you believe he is up to something bad. I love snow, so I don't mind reading about it, but there was so much left out of this book there was almost no point in writing it. Its an uns ...more
Summer
Jul 30, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: youth, horror, goosebumps
Yeah, I'm another one of those adults taking a trip down memory lane. I loved checking out the Goosebumps books at my elementary school. I credit this series as being one that got me really into reading.

So, does it stand up to the test of time?

This one doesn't really. It has some nice well-rounded (albeit, cliche too) characters and a plot with some potential. The writing isn't bad for its time, but feels dated a couple decades later. I'm not the first to say that the title and the cover art ar
Mac  Ross
Unlike the first several books in the series (Goosebumps 2000), this book really wasn't really spooky or scary.

The story flows together really smoothly and there aren't any other plot holes. However, There were a few things that doesn't make any sense. And the story didn't leave any 'goosebumps' because as I have said, it wasn't really scary. Still, its a good book and its absolutely a decent read. Not R.L. Stine's greatest, but not too shabby either.
Drucilla
Jun 05, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: goosebumps
A really interesting story even though the (view spoiler). The story would have been much better had (view spoiler), but I did like the ending.
Patrick
Feb 04, 2009 rated it it was ok
Shelves: childrens
Goosebumps. This is the series that kept me reading through my childhood. More than any other series, Goosebumps kept me interested in reading, and R.L. Stein is a wonderful children's writer. I applaud his efforts, and can't express enough my gratitude for the series.
Hααℓєу♡ Ƒιѕнєя
Lisa
What a waste! I loved the first 80% that was all set in Alaska, but it lost me when they came back to Pasadena.
Andrew
Melany G
Jordan y Nicole, son dos hermanos que viven en Pasadena, California. A pesar de que han vivido 13 y 12 inviernos respectivamente nunca han visto la nieve. Así que cuando su padre, fotógrafo de la naturaleza, los lleva a un viaje de trabajo en Alaska no pueden estar más felices. La misión de su viaje será fotografiar al abominable hombre de las nieves.

Este es un libro que leí en un solo día, es corto y ameno. A pesar de que la colección se llama "pesadillas" es más de aventura. Ya que ni siquie
Jamie wilson
Jan 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely love R.L. Stine. He is such a wonderful author. The books are always silly and have you on the edge of your seat. I wanted more info about the snowman.

I was thinking ewe when then said what there babysitter feed them. WOW I wouldn't want to eat that either. The siblings Jordan and Nicole reminded me of me and my siblings. They both live with there dad and live in Californian. And then go on an adventure to Alaska
The snowman wow seemed like he was hungry and lonely. And that Arthur
Alex Reynolds
Although it was a quick read I still don't think it was worth it. The story was shallow and little kiddish. In this book two kids (siblings) fall into a cave wake up a frozen abominable snow man that steals their trail mix, and helps them out of the cave. It runs off because their dogs scares it. The kids dads wants to make money so he goes back to wake up more and bring them back to the city but it escapes, right after absorbing snow. The dad was upset but still had photos, which he can use to ...more
Ken
Jul 26, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've jumped slightly ahead on my Goosebumps re-reads as this book was being covered on 'Teen Creeps Podcast'.

I must confess that at the midway point of the series I don't really remember these books aswell, so was interested to see how this story played out.

Firstly I found both the title and cover to be slightly spoilery, but the story does jump around in locations, I did find some of the cliffhangers to be a little dumb and it's soon obvious that most are just 'pranks'.

Neither the best or the w
Maximilian Lee
I don't think this book was that good because I think goosebumps are supposed to be scary but this book was very NOT "scary" >_< 😒. The abominable snowman is basically just a yeti. I do NOT think yetis are scary *_* (this is the yeti to me : ☃).
SundanceAnn
Not bad. But a bit predictable. I liked Arthur as a character even though he was just a side character. He's the first silent and serious character I've seen in the goosebumps series. There were parts of the story that verged on being too silly for me to take seriously.
Chelsey
It's Goosebumps, what do you expect.
Victoria Zigler
Oct 21, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is another one I was absolutely loving... Until the disappointing ending.
Georgina Parkin
Nov 18, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
4.5 stars, I really liked this one! I wanted more info about the snowman and Arthur leaving (felt like nothing was resolved there) but other than that it was a really fun quick read.
Annmarie T
Aug 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved R.L Stine's books since 2nd grade but this I found disappointing because of the plot twist.
  • The Extreme (Animorphs, #25)
  • Bruce Coville's Book of Ghosts: Tales to Haunt You
  • Return of the Mummy (Goosebumps Presents TV Episode, #4)

R. L. Stine b
More about R.L. Stine...

Goosebumps (1 - 10 of 67 books)
  • Welcome to Dead House (Goosebumps, #1)
  • Stay Out of the Basement  (Goosebumps, #2)
  • Monster Blood (Goosebumps, #3)
  • Say Cheese and Die! (Goosebumps, #4)
  • The Curse of the Mummy's Tomb (Goosebumps, #5)
  • Let's Get Invisible! (Goosebumps, #6)
  • Night of the Living Dummy (Goosebumps, #7)
  • The Girl Who Cried Monster (Goosebumps, #8)
  • Welcome to Camp Nightmare  (Goosebumps, #9)
  • The Ghost Next Door  (Goosebumps, #10)

Fiction Deals

• A House for Happy Mothers
  • Georgia Peaches and Other Forbidden Fruit
  • The Lace Makers of Glenmara
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Quaker Café (Quaker Café #1)
  • The Honest Spy
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone Crazy in Alabama (Ala Notable Children's Books. Middle Readers)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Mercer Girls
    $4.99 $1.99
  • While the World Is Still Asleep (The Century Trilogy Book 1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Very Valentine
    $10.99 $2.99
  • The Cellar
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Clouds (Glenbrooke, #5)
  • Ireland