Start by marking “The Parable of the Golden Pathway” as Want to Read:
The Parable of the Golden Pathway

The Parable of the Golden Pathway

4.44  ·  Rating details ·  43 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
When the Light Maker's messenger comes to Sarah's town and invites everyone to come and live in the Kingdom of Light, many accept the offer and embark on the golden pathway. Throughout her journey, Sarah learns that, though the pathway may not always be easy, the blessings are priceless and eternal.
Published January 1st 2010 by Deseret Book

To ask other readers questions about The Parable of the Golden Pathway, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Parable of the Golden Pathway

Teri
Jul 08, 2010 rated it it was amazing

I was sent this special book to review and it didn't disappoint. Jenny Phillips has a way with words and music to tell a simple but most powerful parable for our time.

The story starts off by telling us about the journeys of three siblings: Sarah, Ori, and Tabitha. They are on their way to the Kingdom of the Light Maker. In order to reach the Kingdom of the Light Maker, they need to stay on the Golden Pathway. They are told to always keep their shields out to ward off danger and pitfalls. Along t
Robert
Apr 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Robert by: My Wife
Good book with beautiful illustrations. There were only two things that I had issues with. First, that it was a little choppy in the writing. I wish it would have flowed a little better. Second, I wish it was made into a novel instead of a small parable. It could have still had meaning being written into a novel. Look at Narnia by C.S. Lewis. I think over all the author did a great job.
Jenny
Mar 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books, lds
Beautiful illustrations and wonderful parable about staying on the straight and narrow...or in this case the "golden pathway" and trusting our Father in Heaven to help us and bring us safely home. It didn't touch me quite as deeply as "Beautiful" but still well written and worth reading/listening to.
Catherine
Sep 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book has great illustrations and it is a wonderful parable about taking the right path to reach the ultimate goal of returning to live with Heavenly Father. I loved the symbolism and it's a good story for adults and children alike.
Alice
Jul 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children, young-adult
This book has a very important message and just like Jesus taught with parables so that those ready to learn would understand the underlying message, Jenny teaches this message so that it is a simple tale to the very young, and strong warning to those of us who are older.
Amanda Packer
Dec 07, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I really liked this book as a gentle reminder that we have a loving Heavenly Father and that he is always there for us!
Lori
Apr 21, 2010 rated it it was amazing
A great book that I'll treasure for always. Its a great gift for girls ages 11-21! I've got to buy this one for each of my girls. Its that good!
Tenille
Jul 19, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lds-books, youth
Kilee and I both read this one and loved it! Jenny makes a great story of staying on the golden pathway, and the consequences of stepping off of it! Great story for youth, and pre-teens!
Kathy
Jul 07, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Jenny Phillips created another fabulous CD. This time it's a book and CD with music that includes a narration of the book. It's inspiring.
Wendy
Jun 14, 2011 rated it really liked it
We read this for family home evening. It was fun for the kids to relate elements of the story to the iron rod. My husband had to listen to "Good bye Yellow Brick Road" after we finished.
Laurel
My daughter got this as a baptism gift. My kids love it, it came with an audio CD and my son keeps asking to listen to it again and again. It prompted a gospel discussion over dinner.
Lanae Meldrum