Start by marking “Protective Custody” as Want to Read:
Protective Custody

Protective Custody

4.17  ·  Rating details ·  422 Ratings  ·  30 Reviews
Guarding witnesses? All in a day's work for deputy U.S. marshal Carly Masterson. Protecting the judge who was indirectly responsible for her mentor's death? That's another story. Still, she won't let harm come to Judge Nicholas Floyd, or the niece and nephew in his care. She's determined to do the job right, and not let her emotions take over--no matter how wonderful it fe ...more
Mass Market Paperback, Love Inspired Suspense #208, 216 pages
Published August 10th 2010 by Steeple Hill (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Protective Custody, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Protective Custody

Caitlyn Santi
Jul 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

After having read all seven of this author's books that are published by Revell, I knew she is one of my all time favorite authors and I would enthusiastically read anything she wrote!

I was not disappointed, Protective Custody was an awesome suspense read! And let me just say, while this is a Love Inspired Suspense book, so it is relatively short at just over two hundred pages, Eason's writing is equally amazing no matter the length of the story!

One of the things that drew me to this story spec
Judine Brey
Aug 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
I find I prefer the romance novels where the couple has a former connection. Nick and Carly were friends, so the relationship is easier to buy. I love that SHE is part of HIS protection detail.
John Hanscom
Jul 27, 2010 rated it really liked it
the best of the bunch so far. Finally, a heroine who saves instead of always being saved!!!!!!!
Patsy Gazaleh
Nov 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very intense!

I think this book is very good. The characters are believable and the situation while not unique, is very important to the storyline. A judge and his niece and nephew are being threatened by people who want him to throw a trial. The Marshall service there to protect them have a history with this judge. But the interaction between the characters is great!
Teresa Stauble
Sep 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Suspenseful

I liked the suspense but it could've been lighter on the love thing. Knowing this was one of the few first books Eason wrote, I ignored my thoughts and look forward to reading her next book.
Dec 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Life is hard, but God is good

A book that held my attention with suspense, doubt and a flirting romance. Eason has written another good book for her readers. It has a great lesson on trusting God in the hard times as well as good!
Robert Lyster
Oct 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Outstanding Thriller

This is the first book I have read by Lynette Eason. I was very pleased with the pace of the action. It was a quality Christian book and I plan to get more of her books
Sherry Cross
Oct 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
All action

Protective Custody by Lynette Eason is packed full of action from beginning to end. The bad guys and outcome were pretty predictable. However, it was a good read. If you like suspenceful tales, this is recommended.
Julie Patterson
Oct 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love all her books.

This is a fast paced suspense book. You never know who the bad guy is or are they closer than you think. This book will have you turning the pages to find out what happens.
Deborah
This was a typical light thriller where a judge's family is in jeopardy if he doesn't recuse himself from a trial. Unsurprisingly, sparks flare between the agent assigned to keep him safe. Though highly predictable, this was an enjoyable audio book.
Kim
Oct 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great story

It had several twists and turns, which kept me guessing. I loved that God played a part in the book too.
Penny Evenson
Dec 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
I have read several of Lynette Eason books. This one is action packed, one that you don't want to put down.
Suze
Oct 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
PROTECTIVE CUSTODY

What's not to love, a Christian, romantic suspense thriller with characters you would like as friends. Always love this author's books.
Deloris  Mercer
Feb 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great read

Thank you Ms. Eason for a wonderful book.
Lot's of twists and turns in this story. The characters were great.
joan johnston
Okay

This book is just ok. I wouldn't buy it again. It is on the boring side. I won't be buying any more of these books.
Dorothy Scherck
Oct 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read.

It's a happy ever after ending. But first it has a great degree of intrigue. If you like a simple Who Done It, read this one.
Vicky
Mar 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyed this novel very much. Kept me guessing through most of the book. Anther page turner by my favorite author!
Wendy Sparkes
Mar 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Judge Nicholas Floyd is used to threats when a high profile case is coming up & doesn't usually give them the time of day, but this time, if he doesn't relinquish his position to someone they want to judge the trial his niece & nephew will be targeted. Nicholas has no intention of giving in to the threats & while he's not concerned about himself, he is worried about the children, so he calls for protective custody.

Enter Deputy US Marshals Carly Masterson & Mason Stone, the protec
Dec 17, 2014 rated it it was ok
2.5 for Protective Custody

Plots and Thoughts

First off, does anyone else feel like this particular series by Lynette Eason is reading a bit like a formula written series? Just a thought.

Carly Masterson's mentor was killed by a man let off by a judge due to a technicality. She has never forgiven the judge, firmly believing that he never should have turned the man loose. That judge was Nicholas Floyd and now his life is being threatened because he won't step down and let another judge (one that cou
May 16, 2011 rated it really liked it
Carly Masterson, a deputy U.S. marshal, has been ordered to guard the judge that let a criminal go free, a criminal who murdered her mentor right after being released. Can she put away her anger to protect Nick, who she has a strange attraction to despite his role in her mentor's death?

I enjoy Lynette's books, and this one is no exception. The plot is interesting and well-developed. The characters are unique and likeable. Carly is a strong character who battles between her heart and her duty, wh
Judine
Jul 11, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery
I find I like these romance novels better when the two people being brought together already have a history. In this case, Carly and Nick became friends when she was part of his protection detail two years ago; now they are reunited in similar circumstances. I love the twist of HER being part of HIS protection detail, but again, the ending feels a bit forced. I think we can picture the couple ending up together without necessarily seeing the proposal or wedding, which is what most authors feel c ...more
Rachel
Mar 23, 2011 rated it really liked it
Lynette Eason is quickly becoming one of my favorite authors in the world of Romantic Suspense. Protective Custody proved to be another thrilling read - keeping me awake until the wee hours of the morning! I cannot wait for her next Love Inspired Suspense release - as well as the third book in the Women of Justice series, coming soon in May.
Beth Temin
Feb 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: christian, fiction, s
The Love Inspired Suspense series takes me to the location of each book and into the lives of the main characters. The locations, characters, and circumstances are very realistic and would make great movies! They create sympathy for the female lead character and the resolution of each situation is satisfying in the end. I LOVE these books!
Veronica
Jun 06, 2013 rated it did not like it
I really didn't like this book. The storyline was too unbelievable and ran too fast.
Carolyn E
Mar 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
Another exciting book by Lynette Eason. I love her books.
Stephanie - Adventures Thru Wonderland
Cindi Coleman
Jun 03, 2017
Sharon
Apr 21, 2012
  • Trail of Lies (Texas Ranger Justice, #4)
  • High-Stakes Inheritance (The Morgan Brothers #1)
  • Mission: Out of Control (Missions of Mercy, #2)
  • Face of Danger
  • Flashpoint (Emerald Coast 911 #4)
  • Running Scared (Heroes for Hire, #2)
  • Formula for Danger (Sonoma, #2)
  • Body of Evidence (Texas Ranger Justice, #2)
  • Murder at Granite Falls (Big Sky Series, #4)
  • Twin Targets  (Protecting the Witnesses, #1)
  • Out on a Limb  (Holyoake Heroes, #1)
  • A Deadly Game
  • Vanishing Act
Lynette Eason grew up in Greenville, SC. She graduated from the University of South Carolina, Columbia, and then obtained her masters in education from Converse College. Author of twenty inspirational romantic suspense books, she is also a member of American Christian Fiction Writers (ACFW) and Romance Writers of America (RWA). In 1996, Lynette married "the boy next door" and now she and her husba ...more
More about Lynette Eason...

Mystery & Thrillers Deals

• Lost and Found (Rock Harbor Search and Rescue #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Light Before Day
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Hold Still (Jocelyn Rush, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Still Waters (Sandhamn, #1)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • Into the Light (The Light, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Burning Man (Gideon and Sirius, #1)
  • Disturbed
  • Cold Black Earth
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Drowned Girls (Angie Pallorino, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Guardians of the Night (Gideon and Sirius, #2)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Man With the Golden Gun (James Bond, #13)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Beyond Belief (Emily Castles Mysteries)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • A Reason to Live (A Marty Singer Mystery Book 1)
  • The Memory Child
    $3.49 $0.99
  • Finding Emma (Finding Emma Series Book 1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Lion, the Lamb, the Hunted
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Lucky Ones
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Red Gold (Night Soldiers, #5)
  • A Small Indiscretion
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Allegedly
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Octopussy and the Living Daylights (James Bond, #14)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Dragon Bones (Red Princess, #3)
    $12.99 $1.99
  • Flee (Codename: Chandler #1)
  • The Snow Garden
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hallowed Bones (Sarah Booth Delaney #5)
    $7.99 $0.99
  • While the Savage Sleeps
  • The Technologists
  • A Density of Souls
  • Plea of Insanity
    $5.99 $0.99
  • Away from the Dark (The Light, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Missing, Presumed (DS Manon, #1)
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Terms of Use
  • The Husband
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Emma's Secret
  • She's Not There
  • Heart Collector
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Room with a Clue (Pennyfoot Hotel #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Cold Moon (The Huntress/FBI Thrillers, #3)
    $6.49 $2.00