Start by marking “Yuletide Homecoming (Riverbend, #1)” as Want to Read:
Yuletide Homecoming (Riverbend, #1)

Yuletide Homecoming (Riverbend #1)

"I Need To Talk To You." Sarah Westerveld had been waiting years to hear those words from her estranged father. But now that he had finally summoned her home at holiday time, his fragile health rendered him unable to speak. What had he wanted to tell her? Sarah's deepest desire was to be forgiven for the past. Yet part of that past--and the future she dreamed of--included ...more
ebook, Love Inspired #422, 256 pages
Published November 1st 2007 by Steeple Hill Love Inspired Suspense (first published May 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Yuletide Homecoming, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Yuletide Homecoming

Dawn Michelle
Jan 17, 2010 Dawn Michelle rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

January 9, 2010

WOW!
This story really hit home for me. As someone who has serious issues with her father, this was at times both painful AND poignant to read. And it was also a great reminder that I need to NOT try and please my father here, but my Heavenly Father. That is all that is ultimately important.

It was wonderful to see the characters grow in the Lord and learn that forgiveness heals even the deepest wounds!!!
Anna Marie
Dec 02, 2013 Anna Marie rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Hi. My name is Sarah (because ALL heroines in novels are Emmas or Sarahs). I had a rough life - my dad rejected me as a child and loved my sister, instead. He ruined a family's livelihood, hated on people, bossed around a town, screamed in people's faces, forced me to break up with my boyfriend, told me at my sister's funeral that the wrong daughter died, and hasn't written a word to me in six years.

But the moment the a$$hole sends a note asking me to come home, I jump up and drive cross-country
joyce lynn
ok, another one i can relate to all too well! only the one i can't live up to is my mother, not father.

and, just like the main character in this book, i've let it pull me away from someone i wanted, pulled me toward someone i didn't, pulled ... just pulled me into all SORTS of knots and twists and ...

i think i'm still working things out, tho, haven't gotten as far as this character did. no, actually, i know better than that. i'm stalled and not trying at all, as i don't see a reason to do so a
Barb
Oct 14, 2014 Barb rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
After years of estrangement from her father, Sarah Westerveld is summoned home. When she arrives, the handsome man she loved—and had to give up—demands answers. Logan Carleton is her father's enemy. But they must put the past to rest for their holiday wishes to come true.
This story proves that its unhealthy to hold a grudge. Physically, mentally, and spiritually. A great reminder of why we are here. 5 stars.
Susan
Dec 14, 2009 Susan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's been six years since Sarah left home. Her estranged and powerful father blamed her for her sister Merrilee's death--his favorite of the two girls. She brakes off her relationship with Logan Carleton, because of her father, and leaves. He's now sent word that he needs to talk with her. So, she's back with a lot of questions. It's a kind of Montague and Capulet story.
Jencey/
Nov 08, 2009 Jencey/ rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
I really liked this book for such a short story.
Karen
Apr 10, 2016 Karen rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sarah Westerveld comes home after 6 long years to visit her father by request. Of course she had to bump into Logan Carleton to minute she arrives as her father has a heart attack...
Mary Chambers
Sep 04, 2011 Mary Chambers rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A simple, but enjoyable Christmas romance. It focuses on forgiveness. I gave it four stars and will read other books by Aarsen.
Erika
Jul 12, 2014 Erika rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Carolyne Aarsen is an awesome writer. When you start reading, you just don't want to stop.
Alisha
Nov 12, 2015 Alisha rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.85
Dalyn
Dalyn rated it really liked it
Oct 14, 2012
Lynette
Lynette rated it it was amazing
Aug 03, 2016
Amanda
Amanda rated it really liked it
Jan 28, 2017
Sarah rated it it was amazing
Sep 23, 2016
Marg
Marg rated it liked it
Sep 18, 2010
Margaret
Margaret rated it it was amazing
Sep 16, 2014
Jess
Jess rated it really liked it
Sep 07, 2011
Rebecca Hicks
Rebecca Hicks rated it liked it
Jan 07, 2015
Linda
Linda rated it liked it
Dec 06, 2011
Nicole  Hudgens
Nicole Hudgens rated it it was amazing
Dec 15, 2015
Rhonda Stevenson
Rhonda Stevenson rated it it was amazing
Jan 06, 2016
Barbara
Barbara rated it really liked it
Dec 12, 2014
Lisa
Lisa rated it really liked it
May 21, 2012
Sharon
Sharon rated it it was amazing
Feb 18, 2012
Dara
Dara rated it really liked it
Oct 09, 2012
Danyelle
Danyelle rated it really liked it
Jun 28, 2011
Lydia
Lydia rated it really liked it
Jan 19, 2013
Mary M
Mary M rated it liked it
Dec 30, 2012
Rebecca Slagh
Rebecca Slagh rated it really liked it
Sep 03, 2013
Ashley Gibson
Ashley Gibson rated it it was amazing
Oct 22, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
  • Homecoming at Hickory Ridge (Hickory Ridge, #5)
  • And Baby Makes Five (Mule Hollow, #2)
  • Promise Forever
  • Butterfly Summer
  • Apprentice Father
  • A McKaslin Homecoming (The McKaslin Clan: Series 3, #5)
  • Ready-Made Family (Wings of Refuge, #3)
  • A Texas Thanksgiving (Homecoming Heroes, Book 5) (Love Inspired #468)
  • Protected Hearts (Rosewood, Texas, #1)
  • Mirror, Mirror (Love Inspired)
  • The Doctor's Family (Rocky Mountain Heirs, #3)
  • Family Treasures (McBride Sisters #3) (Love Inspired #469)
  • Healing the Boss's Heart
Carolyne Aarsen is a blessed to have sincere Christian parents and to be married to a committed Christian husband. But her first love was always fiction. Because of her isolation from any kind of writing group, Carolyne learned to write by trial and error and by taking correspondence courses while she and her husband were raising their four natural children and the numerous foster children that ca ...more
More about Carolyne Aarsen...

Riverbend (3 books)
  • Finally a Family (Riverbend, #2)
  • A Family for Luke (Riverbend, #3)