Start by marking “Winter's Passage (Iron Fey, #1.5)” as Want to Read:
Winter's Passage (Iron Fey, #1.5)

Winter's Passage

(The Iron Fey #1.5)

3.95  ·  Rating details ·  23,640 ratings  ·  1,391 reviews

Meghan Chase used to be an ordinary girl..until she discovered that she is really a faery princess. After escaping from the clutches of the deadly Iron fey, Meghan must follow through on her promise to return to the equally dangerous Winter Court with her forbidden love, Prince Ash. But first, Meghan has one request: that they visit Puck--Meghan's best friend and servant o

Published June 1st 2010 by Harlequin Teen

To ask other readers questions about Winter's Passage, please sign up.
Emilie Yes! They're fantastic and add even more to the characters and story.

·  23,640 ratings  ·  1,391 reviews

Start your review of Winter's Passage (Iron Fey, #1.5)
Candace
At around 50 pages, 'Winter's Passage' is a nice bridge between 'The Iron King' and the second full-length book in the series. This novella picks up right where 'The Iron King' leaves off, with Meghan journeying back to the Winter Court with Ash to fulfill her end of their contract. Of course, there is plenty of adventure along the way and the introduction of a few new characters.

This ended up being a very sweet and heartfelt novella. Ash and Meghan are falling in love and their feelings are get
kwesi 章英狮
Sep 06, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2011, julie-kagawa, e-book
When we were young, we usually ask our parents to tell stories that will delight our evening. It was like a new life, a new day for a kid and everlasting days of sweet dreams. When we are older, we want to tell stories to the younger one and sometimes we felt behind from the stories that had been told. A lot of books lately had been published to create different perspective of the old fairy tales that our parents told us every night and sometimes they recreate a new story that will warm readers ...more
Simona Bartolotta
I hope this is as necessary to follow the story as I've been told.

(half a hour or so later)

...Given that the most interesting thing in it is a cameo of Grandmother Willow from Pocahontas, I dare guess it isn't.
Kristalia
Final rating: 3/5 stars

This short story is kind of necessary for the series because it shows in a way how Ash feels and all dread Meghan has to face now + there is something vicious stalking them...and it will be important later in the series.

Basically the synopsis is enough to tell you what is going on, but still... It's worth reading :) I kind of miss Puck by now and i hope he is going to return in all his glory ASAP.

Now,onto the next book :D

► REVIEW(S) RELATED TO THIS BOOK:

The Iron King
Phrynne
May 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
A sweet little novella which fits in between the full length novels of this series. It deserves several stars just for the stunning cover! It is a quick, easy read which gives the reader more insight into the characters and the relationship between the two main characters. So not essential reading but more background to the main event. Also more Ash for those readers who regard him as the main event!!!
Heather Kegler
Jun 02, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I can't believe this book was free! I totally would've paid for it. THANK YOU!!!! This will satiate my nagging impatience for Iron Daughter. The only thing that would make me happier is moving the release of book 2 to about 2 weeks from today (hint, nudge, wink). Follow the link for happiness.

What a TEASE! My impatience for the release of The Iron Daughter just multiplied exponentially! Winter's Passage spins the tale of Meghan and Ash's journey to Tir Na Nog to uphold Ash's vow to the Winter Qu
Choko
Sep 01, 2017 rated it liked it
*** 3 ***

It was OK, but I have a difficult time rating shorts, since they are just a fill-in of information, not a full story... This seems to be a bridge between books one and two. At the end of the first book Meghan Chase, the half Fae-half-human 16 year old, has agreed to go to the Winter Court's Queen with her son, Prince Ash. But their way there is far from easy and they are chased by monsters throughout. It does include couple of kisses:):):)
Natalia
Oct 11, 2017 rated it liked it
This was surprisingly good for a novella. Honestly I didn't think I will like it, but I did. Nothing really happened, but it was a fun quick reunion with the characters. The thing I liked the most in The Iron king were the character, so I really enjoyed it. However I would have loved to see Puck again. I hope that he wakes up soon. Also I love Ash and Meghan together.
The only thing that I didn't like was that the novella was really short as it was and we didn't need half of the time to be spent
Lana
Apr 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction
There's a bar called "The Dungeon." Creepy right?

"The walls were brick, the lights dim and red, casting everything in crimson, and snarling monster heads hung on the walls over the bar."

You know what sounds even cooler? A dangerous location that doesn't look at all scary. Maybe add some pink and baby blue, a rainbow or two, you know what I mean? A friendly persona. So when people are lured to said atmosphere, a snake (in a not so metaphorical way) bites your head off. Because seriously, who want
Cara
Jun 01, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2011, fantasy, series, e-book
Once I was finished with The Iron King I was stumped because I wanted to read the second book soon after, but I was (and still am) on hold for The Iron Daughter and needed something to satisfy my need to know what happens, so I downloaded this from this from the author's site for free. Score for me!

This short story records Ash and Meghan's misadventure trying to travel to the Winter Court. They of course encounter resistance and problems in just a few pages, and the story ends with Meghan situat
Amaka
May 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
A cute, fluffy, and interesting novella that sheds more light on how Meghan and Ash journeyed through the human world to the winter court. In fulfilment of the deal they struck when the winter Prince agreed to help her rescue her brother.
Azbaqiyah
World Building - 🌠🌠🌠🌠
Writing Style - 🌠🌠🌠
Book's Cover - 🌠🌠🌠🌠

Overall Rating - 3.8 🌟 / 5 🌟
Camile Souza (This Chamber of Books)
It's not essential to the story, unless you like Ash and Meghan's relationship. I liked it well enough, but tbh they were kind of underdeveloped as a couple in book one.

You know, I'm not romantically invested in this ship, but I kind of like them as characters.
Chelsea ❤Peril Please❤
While this was only a novella, I thoroughly enjoyed it for the hour and a half or so I put into it. I wanted a little more of Prince Ash and I was sitting at work during lunch break and decided to read this-and I'm so glad I did.

Summer and Winter were not supposed to fall in love.

By reading this, I got little bits and pieces of Ash, that while some of it is being recapped in The Iron Daughter, there are also parts that aren't being mentioned again and I get to log those away in my creepy, obses
~Tina~
Apr 21, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Winter's Passage is a sweet taste of the continuation of The Iron King. We were left off with Ash coming to get Megan and bring her back, as promised, to the Winter Queen. On this icy adventure, nothing ever goes smoothly in Julie Kagawa's stunning fae world, as Ash and Meghan are being followed by an old evil force.
This, is there journey...

This was so awesome! Even if it was only a small taste back into this world, it was so worth the read! It was so great to see Ash, Meghan and even Grim again
Sinead
Jan 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
A nice little intro to the Iron Daughter, where Meghan explains everything that's happened and we see her travel to Tir Na Nog with Ash, before making a pit stop to visit Puck, a friend who was injured in The Iron King.
Joyzi
Nov 08, 2010 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: People who love Tinkahbell
Recommended to Joyzi by: Goodreads
Having read Naruto(its a manga btw) I already know that fillers for most of the time are crap. Yeah and this filler novella was just like that but still the writing is not that bad and forgive me but I just felt annoyed that I think I just wasted my time on this one rather than having starting to read the next book Iron Daughter.

So yeah not a bad filler but not great either and to think that the scenes in this book were mentioned also in flashback in Iron Daughter. And I was like what the fudge
Natalie
For those of you who've been hiding under a rock, Winter's Passage is an Iron Fey novella that takes place between The Iron King and The Iron Daughter. It's a really short read, but it's definitely worth your time. Winter's Passage contains everything I loved about The Iron King and The Iron Daughter, except its length. Since I've read everything Julie Kagawa has written so far, I'm just going to have to writhe in agony until Book 3 (The Iron Queen) is released. And that's going to be awhile...

B
The BookWhisperer
Jun 18, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: series
Winter's passage is a very short transition short story between The Iron King and The Iron's Daughter. At just 50 pages I can honestly say that I didn't expect a lot of this. Although, I found it was not a direct shot of delivering Megan to the Winter court, and included added emotion to the ongoing struggle for the Winter Son and Summer Daughters love. I am even more eager to get my hands on the next book. This series promises success.
Jaime (Two Chicks on Books)
Jun 04, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I loved this story! I just wish there was a book so I could add it to my collection. This will definately tide me over until Iron Daughter.
Marija
It was okay for a novella. Nothing special really.
Nidofito
This was fun! Quite an impact for such a tiny book.
Kelly
This was a fairly weak and pretty unnecessary bridge between The Iron King and The Iron Daughter. Maybe it was the format (ugh, I just can't focus when reading an e-book) or just the weak nature of the weak plot, but this didn't work for me. Typically when I start books in this series, I spend the first 3 chapters mentally grumbling about how insipid the characters are and mentally chastising Meghan for being such an idiot. Because this novella is so short, I just didn't have time to work my way ...more
Jen ♥Star-Crossed Book Blog♥
I’m so glad I continued this series! This novella was everything I wanted the 1st book to be. It had more Megan and Ash, more dire situations, less description of the scenery, less descriptions and appearances of the creatures (I’m just not a huge fan of creepy creatures) and lots of actions and words from Ash that made me completely melt and sigh out loud. Although he still gives his fair share of trying to curtail his feelings about Meghan even though it seems fruitless.

Ash - My feelings for y
Annie Brewer
GAH!!!! I love this world!!!! I missed Puck. But this was freakin awesome!!!! I love Grim, as usual. His sudden appearance and disappearances all the time. I love Meghan and Ash. This journey is just incredible. I can clearly picture everything happening and Kagawa has an ability to draw you in so deep, making you feel like you're along for the ride as well. What a great novella. Love it!!!

This was a great novella. Once again, we follow Meghan on a journey. She must go to the Winter Court with A
Liz
Apr 20, 2010 rated it really liked it
Winter’s Passage has done me a kindness in easing the wait between The Iron King and The Iron Daughter. I will be upfront and say that I have a minor complaint about this book: I wanted more! I confess that a few parts of the novella felt a tiny bit rushed to me, particularly the climax. Otherwise, I think Winter’s Passage did a great job of tying up a few loose threads from The Iron King while still presenting a bit of a cliffhanger as readers wait for The Iron Queen.

For such a short volume, K
Gaby
Jun 03, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Finally, you'll know what took place after Prince Ash came to get Meghan from her home, as part of their contract, to see the Winter Queen.

Very short, but great story. Lots of action, sweet romance and very nice surprises.

If you liked The Iron King, this one is a must-read. Specially if you're going to read The Iron Daughter.

Maybe you're lucky to read the advance copy of The Iron Daughter or maybe you read a review, but surely you already know that Ash and Meghan are not the same as in The Iron
Robin (Bridge Four)
Set right after The Iron King. Ash has come to take Meghan back to Mag and the Winter court to fulfill the terms of their deal. Meghan is determined to keep the promise she made she only asks to go and see Puck before setting out to be held captive by Queen Mab for who know how long. But Oberon wants his daughter back in the Summer court and has sent something to bring her home.

This is a good look into the struggle that Ash faces as he knows the rules of Faery and while he cares for Meghan he al
Marnie  (Enchanted Bibliophile)
This was a good go-between from The Iron King and The Iron Daughter. Action packed and full of helpful little things, like how extraordinarily beautiful the Winter court must be.

Trod

Kim
Jul 21, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I'm like a rabid dog right now,and I'm sure I'll start sprouting fur if I don't get my hands on The Iron Daughter soon.
PRLHS Book Club: Winters Passage 8 12 Mar 24, 2012 02:25PM

• Radiant Shadows (Wicked Lovely, #4)
  • My Soul to Lose (Soul Screamers, #0.5)
  • Fragile Eternity (Wicked Lovely, #3)
  • The Bridge Kingdom (The Bridge Kingdom, #1)
  • The Lost Sisters (The Folk of the Air, #1.5)
  • Destined (Wings, #4)
  • The Queen of Nothing (The Folk of the Air, #3)
  • The Beginning of Everything (The Rising #1)
  • The Traitor Queen (The Bridge Kingdom #2)
  • Riden's Chapter (Daughter of the Pirate King, #1.5)
  • The Shadows Between Us
  • Ink Exchange (Wicked Lovely, #2)
  • Destroy Me (Shatter Me, #1.5)
  • Kissing Jamie Baker (Jamie Baker, #1.5)
  • Radiant (Unearthly, #2.5)
  • Blessed (The Watchers, #2)
  • Lost Scene from Hallowed (Unearthly, #2.1)
  • Cursed (The Watchers, #1)

The Iron Fey (8 books)
  • The Iron King (The Iron Fey, #1)
  • The Iron Daughter (The Iron Fey, #2)
  • The Iron Queen (The Iron Fey, #3)
  • The Iron Knight (The Iron Fey, #4)
  • The Lost Prince (The Iron Fey: Call of the Forgotten, #1)
  • The Iron Traitor (The Iron Fey: Call of the Forgotten, #2)
  • The Iron Warrior (The Iron Fey: Call of the Forgotten, #3)
  • The Iron Raven (The Iron Fey: Evenfall, #1)