Start by marking “Stuff Every Woman Should Know” as Want to Read:
Stuff Every Woman Should Know

Stuff Every Woman Should Know

This pocket-sized handbook features all the skills a modern lady needs!

This little gift book is packed with tips, tricks, and life hacks for women who need to know everything. With advice on etiquette and social situations, entertaining and cooking tips, do-it-yourself instructions, health information, self-defense techniques, and much, much more, this is the ultimate--but
Published March 3rd 2010 by Quirk Books (first published February 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Stuff Every Woman Should Know, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stuff Every Woman Should Know

Ayla Smalle
Mar 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
A very cute little book I got as a birthday gift :)) loved the style of this and the topics handled, especially the overall girl-boss-chest-out-head-up vibe, HOWEVER quite heteronormative at times. Stay woke Alanna Kalb xx
Kristine Anderson
Sep 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Karen
Dec 29, 2017 rated it it was ok
The book is a good pocket size and has some nice quick tidbits from changing a tire to cooking. I just feel like it lacks more pictures and descriptions but it still is a pretty good stocking stuffer or small gift.
Karina Armelia
May 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: tips-tips-tips
Can't resist the cover, I really can't. It's so cute and the blue looks really pretty. Not too surprisingly, I found this book quite useful. I think it's a good idea then to bring it when you're in a middle of a trip. Who knows you gonna need that?
Taylor
Feb 26, 2017 rated it it was ok
useful
Barb Johnson
Dec 12, 2018 rated it liked it
I feel like I knew most of this stuff, it's common sense. But that parallel parking section may come in handy. :)
Keaton
May 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I'm a guy and this taught me a ton of stuff I wish I knew before. Includes a good mix of info.
Robin
Feb 15, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: College bound young women
Shelves: _read-in-2014, how-to
As a gift for young lady who is moving out to her own apartment or going off to college, this book is very useful and I give it 4 stars.
If you are an adult who has lived on your own for a year or more, this book isn't going to tell you anything that you don't already know or can't find via google or wikihow so it's only 2 stars.
I'm splitting the difference and giving it an overall rating of 3 stars.

The advantage to this book is bringing all the "how to's" together in one convenient book.
There's
Kristin
Cute gift for a sister or a daughter, perhaps if they are going off to college. Like all advice, it should be taken with a grain of salt. It is humorous at times but far and away the best part of the book is the last page which lists all the things you should know that the book can't tell you.
Courtney (A Little Bookish Life)
I flip through this from time to time as a nice little refresher.
Polly
Mar 29, 2011 rated it liked it
Kind of silly, but there's some reasonably useful stuff--little that common sense can't figure out, however.
NisyKitty VA
Dalia Delgado
Sep 13, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Stuff Every Man Should Know
  • As a Lady Would Say: Responses to Life's Important (and Sometimes Awkward) Situations
  • The Worst-Case Scenario Survival Handbook: College: College
  • Mental Floss: Cocktail Party Cheat Sheets
  • Hunters in the Snow
  • Guests of the Nation
  • Mental Floss: Genius Instruction Manual
  • The Lazy Intellectual: Maximum Knowledge, Minimal Effort
  • The Utterly, Completely, And Totally Useless Fact-o-pedia
  • Listverse.com's Ultimate Book of Bizarre Lists: Fascinating Facts and Shocking Trivia on Movies, Music, Crime, Celebrities, History, and More
  • Mental Floss Presents Forbidden Knowledge: A Wickedly Smart Guide to History's Naughtiest Bits (Mental Floss Presents)
  • Forbidden Knowledge: 101 Things NOT Everyone Should Know How to Do
  • The Dream of the Rood
  • 4,000 Questions for Getting to Know Anyone and Everyone
  • A Worn Path
  • 100 Things You're Not Supposed to Know: Secrets, Conspiracies, Cover Ups, and Absurdities
  • The Indiana Jones Handbook: The Complete Adventurer's Guide