Start by marking “A Rose by Any Other Name” as Want to Read:
A Rose by Any Other Name

A Rose by Any Other Name (The English Roses #4)

This year's school play is Romeo and Juliet, and the English Roses can'twait to get involved! Every girl knows what part she wants to play, whether it be on stage or behind the scenes. But the Roses are thrown for a loop when Grace is cast in the lead, and Charlotte is her understudy. Will the big green monster get in the way of their friendship?

Book Details: Format: Hardc
Published September 13th 2007 by Puffin Books

To ask other readers questions about A Rose by Any Other Name, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Rose by Any Other Name

Rosemarie
Mar 21, 2013 Rosemarie rated it it was amazing
I did not realize that this was a chapter book for older kids (8 and up) when I ordered it. I have read all of Madonna's children's picture books and liked them. I thought this was a continuation of that, but the book is smaller in size and 125 pages. There is still the same great artwork found in the original English Roses - some in black & white and even a few in color. I love the illustration style of artist Jeffrey Fulvimari. I also love the idea of a series of stories for older kids bas ...more
Yeva
Oct 17, 2011 Yeva rated it it was amazing
I chose this book for the nice cover and how there is so many flowers on it. This book is about five best friends who are called the English roses and they have a play and Charlotte and Grace both want to be Juliet. Then at the end Grace was Juliet but she breaks her leg and Charlotte has to fill in. My favorite quote from the book was "and so is Charlotte, for that is exactly what she felt when she woke up one fine, sunny, unseasonably warm autumn morning". I like that quote because it sounds n ...more
Slow Man
Apr 17, 2016 Slow Man rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children
People who grew up listening to True Blue album knows that song Grace sang during the audition. Yes it has caught me by surprise. I remember reading the sleeve cover that she dedicated the album to her then husband Mr Sean Penn. I digress.

So in book 4, the girls are excited about their year eight play especially Charlotte but she was super jealous when her best friend Grace got the part of playing Juliet instead. So we have the jealousy theme here. Sadly, it is not as funny. I was waiting for a
Regan
Jul 26, 2010 Regan rated it liked it
This book was all about drama, friends and other typical girl problems. If you are having these problems, I really recommend this book, because will give you the awnsers to your situations. Its like having a friend that understands all the way.
Ella
Apr 06, 2010 Ashley Moreno rated it it was amazing
cute.I liked it.
Amanda Patterson
Jul 31, 2011 Amanda Patterson rated it liked it
I was skeptical when these books began to arrive for review. I have to admit that she actually writes quite well.Madonna seems to make a success of everything she does.
Maddie hillis
Nov 01, 2009 Maddie hillis rated it really liked it
It was OK , not my favorite. OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK.
Koqua
Nov 28, 2011 Koqua rated it it was ok
i liked it. Grace was really nice to pretend her knee was hurt so Charlette can play Juilet.
Erica Kang
Mar 31, 2014 Erica Kang rated it it was amazing
As I keep reading this series in school holidays, I miss all my friends ;( I always love stories about best friends!!!! I love this series!!
Tessa Serfillippi
Dec 30, 2011 Tessa Serfillippi rated it really liked it
i love the series to these books and i hope you all do to
Peas
Jun 12, 2008 Peas rated it it was amazing
well i have lots of books to read right now so i`m gonna wait! ...more
krystal
Mar 19, 2008 krystal marked it as to-read
i havent read this book yet but i have read the first one and i cant wait to read this one
Julianni Mendez
i just got this book today i really love it im planning to complete my collection to read all the books
Rose Anderson
Mar 10, 2016 Rose Anderson rated it liked it
Another lesson in defeating that old green-eyed monster with the indomitable quintet.
Ciara
Is this a somewhat enjoyable story?
Is it a somewhat clíchéd story?

If you like stories of friendship, jealousy and theatre shows, this story might just be for you.
Javier
Javier rated it it was amazing
Mar 07, 2013
Gayathry Vinod
Gayathry Vinod rated it it was ok
May 24, 2013
Elly
Elly rated it it was amazing
Jul 04, 2015
Mariana
Mariana rated it it was amazing
Sep 05, 2015
Izabela
Izabela rated it really liked it
Feb 28, 2009
∞Aurora
∞Aurora rated it it was amazing
Jul 23, 2012
Tashha
Tashha rated it it was amazing
Jan 30, 2015
Rohma Zia
Rohma Zia rated it it was amazing
Jun 06, 2015
Liliko
Liliko rated it it was amazing
Oct 13, 2011
Souria-al-assad ilovebashar
Souria-al-assad ilovebashar rated it really liked it
Nov 06, 2011
Mrs. Carey
Mrs. Carey rated it liked it
Dec 21, 2014
Madeleine
Madeleine rated it it was amazing
Aug 13, 2008
Angel
Angel rated it liked it
Jan 07, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Judy Moody's Double-Rare Way-Not-Boring Book of Fun Stuff to Do
  • Do The Funky Pickle
  • The Emperor's New Clothes : An All-Star Retelling of the Classic Fairy Tale (with Audio CD)
  • Life's a Campaign: What Politics Has Taught Me About Friendship, Rivalry, Reputation, and Success
  • His Princess Bride: Love Letters from Your Prince
  • Star in the Forest
  • Snail Mail, No More (Elizabeth and Tara*Starr, #2)
  • Beach Babe (Babymouse, #3)
  • Over the Moon
  • Storm Chaser
  • A Tapestry of Murders (Stories told on Pilgrimage from London to Canterbury, #2)
  • Madwomen: The "Locas mujeres" Poems of Gabriela Mistral, a Bilingual Edition
  • Alone in the Night
  • A Smart Girl's Guide To Style: How To Have Fun With Fashion, Shop Smart, And Let Your Personal Style Shine Through (American Girl)
  • Beauty & the Beast: A Pop-up Book of the Classic Fairy Tale
  • My Life as Alien Monster Bait (The Incredible Worlds of Wally McDoogle, #2)
  • Sharks
  • Nini Lost and Found
Madonna Louise Ciccone is an American pop singer-songwriter. Through her music career, she has also gained some notability as a dancer, record producer, film producer, actress, author and a fashion icon. She is a multiple Grammy- and Golden Globe-award winner, known for her ambitious music videos, stage performances and use of sexual and religious themes in her work.

More about Madonna...

The English Roses (10 books)
  • Friends for Life!
  • Good-Bye, Grace?
  • Big-Sister Blues
  • Being Binah
  • Hooray for the Holidays!
  • Runway Rose