Start by marking “The Rabelais Alliance (Hellgate, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Rabelais Alliance (Hellgate, #1)

The Rabelais Alliance

(Hellgate #1)

In a place where space and time collide, the future of mankind will be decided.

On the edge of a region of space so terrible it has long been known as 'Hellgate,' the super-carriers of Earth's DeepSky Fleet play an endless cat-and- mouse game with the starship wreckers, the privateers who, alone, can navigate the wilds of the Rabelais Drift.

The super-carriers are the most m
Published September 4th 2011 by DreamCraft (first published August 15th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about The Rabelais Alliance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Rabelais Alliance

C.C. Williams
Aug 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
What is not to like about Mel Keegan?

I know that's pretty fanboy of me--but Mel was one of the first gay authors I ever read (Death's Head and Fortunes of War) where you didn't want to go out and kill yourself after reading their story. So I'm biased...

And yet here again, Mel presents an intriguing sci/fi story with well-drawn gay characters that develop a strong, loving relationship that supports and influences their actions. It's all about their relationship without being all about their relat
Xing
Dec 20, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: biob
Rating: 3.5 stars

Centuries into the future, mankind have become a presence in the universe. They have colonized onto many planets beyond the solar system. Colonization of the home worlds were just the beginning as the definition of humanity has blurred with many innovations to this era of genetic engineering, faster-than light communication, and space flight that has allowed humans to reach further into the unknown. The Hellgate series begins with The Rabelais Alliance, taking place in a sector
Lady*M
Jun 04, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: glbt, science-fiction
Edited after second reading (December, 2013):

I decided to detract a star from my original rating. This doesn't mean that the book is bad in any way. The situation in the world of Hellgate is so complex that it needs extensive world-building for the reader to understand what is happening. And the world-building is great but can be exhausting.

The story is set two centuries after the events in the NARC series. The human world has expended further into space and the colonies we know from NARC are no
Dash
Apr 20, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m
One of the few books I was unable to put down. The story is fast-paced, the characters are well drawn and likeable, gripping plot and great world-building. It takes a bit to get into the specifics of the technology but the author takes time to walk the reader through, explaining in growing detail the economy and politics involved. There are several plots going on, a lot of suspense and action combined with a very believable couple.
This is no gay romance, it's a science fiction with two male cha
Silke
Apr 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Seriously one of the best scifi Books I read in a long long time.

People who search for m/m Erotic and some scifi are wrong with this Book. But if you want to read about an absolutly amazing scifi World with a big mysterous villain , lots of other books (six all in all if I am right) and yeah two amazing Mainchars who are gay (but the Story is not all about there Relationship which is refreshing) should read it!

I will now start with the Second Part.
Kiki
Apr 17, 2012 rated it it was ok
2.5 This had the bones of a good story ... interesting background, likeable characters, nice developing relationship ... but the good stuff comes close to being lost in the deluge of details that are dumped in large, indigestible chunks. So it ended up being paradoxically both engaging and tedious. I ended up skimming, and am still interested in knowing what happens next while reluctant to commit myself to following the story further.
George
Dec 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I must be enjoying it, I just spent 30.00 on the next three sequels, on kindle, pricey for old ebooks I hope Keegan gets most of it.
Susana
Jun 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Michael Joseph
May 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: gay-sci-fi
My full review can be read on my blog.
Dean Ocampo
Yancy Carpentier
Apr 17, 2012
Cynthia Shaver
Dec 13, 2015
A self-confessed science fiction and fantasy devotee, Keegan is known for novels across a wide range of subjects, from the historical to the future action-adventure. Mel lives in South Australia with an eccentric family and a variety of pets.

Every Mel Keegan book is strong on gay or bisexual heroes (also, often, on gay villains), and some of these heroes are the most delicious in fiction: Jarrat

Hellgate (6 books)
  • Deep Sky (Hellgate, #2)
  • Cry Liberty (Hellgate, #3)
  • Probe (Hellgate, #4)
  • Flashpoint (Hellgate #5)
  • Event Horizon (Hellgate #6)