Start by marking “The Tutor (Harlequin Blaze, #552)” as Want to Read:
The Tutor (Harlequin Blaze, #552)

The Tutor (Harlequin Blaze, #552)

3.44  ·  Rating details ·  108 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
Lady Bea Lindsey is desperate. She's newly engaged to a very nice but dull gentleman and is fully aware that if she wants any joy in her marriage bed, she'll have to call the shots. But first she needs to be taught. And who better to instruct her than irresistibly sexy rogue Ralph Sylvester?Ralph is surprised by Bea's request, but he can't turn down the woman he's lusted a ...more
Published July 1st 2010 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Tutor, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Tutor

Rachel (BAVR)
I have a serious case of book amnesia with this one, and I only finished it yesterday. Despite that, I have to write a review because this was a Hope Tarr Buddy Read, and Sarah will KILL me if I "forget" to write one. Life is HARD sometimes, you guyzzzzz!

So ... some stuff definitely happened in this book. Seriously. There were words, and things happened. Was I particularly entertained or inspired by the things and stuff and words? Not really. The Tutor isn't awful or anything, just boring to my
Carrie
2.5* Not bad, but not great. I'll admit up front I'm not a big fan of historical romance, so I'm probably biased from the get-go. The characters didn't seem true to the time period, although I'm no expert. And the main point of the story seemed to be the multiple sex scenes. Otherwise there really wasn't much of a plot.
April
Jun 09, 2010 rated it really liked it
Hope Tarr brings sensuality to a peek with her newest historical release, The Tutor. Following the conclusion of her “Men of Roxbury House“, Victorian trilogy, Hope Tarr decided to give secondary characters innocent Lady Beatrice Lindsey and rogue Ralph Sylvester, their own story.

The Tutor begins with Ralph and the horrors of his childhood, giving readers a bit of a background on him and what he has had to endure growing up, thus the reason for his instabilities. The story then focuses on the “
Maura
Lisa C
Sep 20, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance
Very disappointed. I was so excited to see that Blaze has a historical line, but it's not at all what I was looking for. A good choice for someone looking to feed their Shades of Grey cravings. I for one was expecting the characters to be more interesting, but really was just saddened that someone believes humiliation leads to a freeing of oneself or can be the base of a respectful, loving relationship.
Adele Dubois
Aug 24, 2010 rated it really liked it
Enjoying the story, though I rarely read historicals. Lovely writing!
*****
Finished the book and the wonderful writing made me want to read more of Hope Tarr's books and more historicals. I wanted to give this book 4.5 stars, but that option isn't available.
Sandra Dagg
Nov 15, 2012 rated it really liked it
This was a great read. Quick, sexy, and best of all, there was a believable story line as well. I enjoyed all the characters, was never bored, and this was the second read for me...just as much fun as the first time. A definite keeper!
Krystean
Jun 09, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-library, harlequin
What a lusty surprise! Good story, interesting time period and extremely steamy romance. I know Harlequin Blaze's are a little spicier than other Harlequin lines but this was really smokin'!
Abigael Suarez
Apr 20, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This books was one of the most amazing romance novels I have read. It was a great mixture of plot and of course those steamy scenes.
Netanella
Jun 18, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: blaze
Loved this book. Loved Ralph Syvester. Loved Beatrice's inferiority complex towards her older, beautiful sister which she eventually overcame. Loved the steamy sex. Loved the Victorian time frame.
  • Northern Encounter
  • Surprise Me... (Harlequin Blaze, #539)
  • The Concubine
  • My Fake Fiancee
  • Make Me Yours (Harlequin Blaze, #479)
  • The Captive
  • Play with Me
  • The Ranger
  • Hot-Blooded (Harlequin Blaze, #563)
  • Moonstruck
  • The Braddock Boys: Brent (Braddock Boys, #2) (Love at First Bite, #5)
  • Make Your Move (Harlequin Blaze, #542)
  • Indiscretions (Harlequin Blaze, #548)
  • Simon Says...
  • Her Sexy Valentine
Award-winning author of 25 historical and contemporary romance novels, including OPERATION CINDERELLA, optioned by FOX, and IRISH EYES, a women's historical fiction novel set in Gilded thru Jazz Age New York (currently out on submission).

Co-founder and curator of Lady Jane's Salon®, NYC's first--and still only--monthly romance fiction reading series, now in its eighth year with six satellite salon
More about Hope C. Tarr...