Start by marking “Findings (Faye Longchamp, #4)” as Want to Read:
Findings (Faye Longchamp, #4)

Findings (Faye Longchamp #4)

4.01  ·  Rating details ·  422 Ratings  ·  47 Reviews
Faye Longchamp is overjoyed to be paid to do archaeological work she would have done anyway excavating a site that was once her family's. That joy ends abruptly when intruders break into a dear friends house and leave him dead among the scattered remains of Fayes artifacts. But the open wall safe is untouched, and choice artifacts are left in their cases.

There seems to be
Paperback, Large Print, 400 pages
Published May 1st 2008 by Poisoned Pen Press

To ask other readers questions about Findings, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Findings

Ed Napiorkowski
OK I'll admit this story lost me a bit part way through but that may just be because it's the fourth in the series and perhaps I had had enough of the quirkiness of a couple of the characters and should have taken a break from the series. Everything in book four follows the pattern of books 1, 2 & 3. A new plot and new murders but the same pattern and the same storytelling. Readers of the first three are rewarded with continuing character development and the ongoing relationships issues betw ...more
Stef
Very suspense, crime fighting mystery. Faye goes beyond her abilities and tries to save everyone around her and gets injured sometimes as well. Very little romance in this series so far. She has a friend die in this book, so sad how he dies and Faye has a mystery on her hands again and helps the cops investigate and she sometimes gets to close . .

The story keeps you right in and you want to find out what is happening and who the killer is . .. you will find out closer to the end if you haven't g
Joann Clifton-manske
Another great book

I really enjoy this series of books. Archeology is fascinating and learning a bit about how it's done has been edifying. The characters in these books are very well developed and extremely likable. I look forward to reading the next book in the series with great anticipation.
Jerri Lincoln
Sep 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book. I just didn't realize it was #4 in the series. Now back to #1.
Mary Reilly
Sep 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent series
Carlin
Apr 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: on-kindle
I'm hooked! How do I know? I've paid full kindle price for #2-4 in the Faye Longchamp mystery series (after getting #1 for free via BookBub).

At last Faye's story returns to her beloved Joyeaux Island and her historic home. As always this story goes into the history of her family and home during and after the Civil War. No dry history though....it is told through old letters along with the archeological materials Faye uncovers. She learns even more about her ancestor Calley a freed slave and her
Heather
Sep 14, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Whew! Where to begin on this one. A lot happens in Findings. We still see Ross Donnelly, the lawyer from the previous book that Faye was seeing. He comes to Florida, after a tragedy strikes to help her through this rough time. But Faye isn't really one to lie down and cry about things. When another murder happens and the victim dies in her arms she has to do something. This victim, Wally from the first book, leaves her a note in her pocket and a message in her ear just before he dies. She finall ...more
Cathy Cole
May 10, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
For any crime fiction fan interested in archaeology, Mary Anna Evans' Faye Longchamp series is a treasure trove. Faye runs on too little sleep, so she's able to get dirty doing her job as well as to take time to investigate murders. A topic that's an important part of the story is the depredation of archaeological sites by illegal "pot hunters" who dig up (and ruin) sites, taking away anything of value to sell on eBay or to private buyers. Furthermore, Evans incorporates oral history, letters, d ...more
Amy
Jul 29, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this series and this is a great one! This book is set on home turf -- along the coast of Florida (near Alabama).

Faye Longchamp is overjoyed to be paid to do archaeological work she would have done anyway—excavating a site that was once her family’s. That joy ends abruptly when intruders break into a dear friend’s house and leave him dead among the scattered remains of Faye’s artifacts. But the open wall safe is untouched, and choice artifacts are left in their cases.

There seems to be no
Jen
Faye Longchamp is back home for a while, doing coursework and working for her friend/father figure Douglas Everett, cataloging archaeological treasures for his Museum of American Slavery. She uncovers something pretty spectacular and valuable...and then people she knows start getting themselves killed, and it looks like she might be next. Added to her grief and frustration is the fact that her boyfriend is a tad too controlling and envious of her best friend...and she has no clue who is trying t ...more
Kristen
In the fourth installment of the Faye Longchamp series, Findings, it brings Faye and Joe into another compelling archeological mystery. When they're on another site to dig for clues, Faye's joy was short-lived, when there's a violent break-in her neighbor's house that left him dead. Later on, she discovered a clue to why he was dead. A mysterious emerald in the midst. Her friend's widow asked her to organize the relics on the floor. Her field notes wound up missing. It's up to Faye and Joe to de ...more
Patty
Dec 06, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love reading about Faye and Joe and the supporting cast around them. Faye is back on her beloved Joyeuse Island off the Florida coast. She and Joe are both in college, both working digs and soon, both up to their elbows in murder.

There was a lot of really cool Civil War history in this one, I love getting the tidbits of history with my mystery! The mystery is really well done and I'll admit I had *no clue* of the actual villain of the piece, in fact the name never even crossed my mind as the
Helen
This is book four in the adventures of archaeologist/sleuth Faye Longchamp, but I read it second because that's the order the library delivered it to me. That actually turned out great as Findings brings Faye back to Joyeuse Island, her fictional home in the Big Bend area of Florida, after two books set elsewhere. In that sense it's a follow up to the first book, Artifacts, with many of the same characters, two of whom are murdered.

This one has treasure hunters searching for Confederate gold an
Robert Scott
Faye is in her glory, working steady for a close friend and mentor for his museum of slavery. She has unearthed a fabulous emerald and Douglass Everett will secure it in the safe in the lab. After Faye leaves, Douglass is assaulted and left for dead. Thus begins an enchanting tale involving Sfheriff Mike McKenzie & his wife Magda, DE's wife Emma, Ross Faye's lover from Atlanta, Joe Wolf Mantooth, Liz & her son Chip at the Marina, a group of civil war reenactors, and an old friend who had ...more
Mary Ann
R. Hill
Nov 01, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another good read in this series. This was the forth and I read the second in the series first so I am all out of order. Again she had good use of the basic science concepts. This one was only the second of hers that I read but it was already somewhat predictable so that knocked it down just a bit.
Donna
Aug 23, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery, read-in-2012
This fourth installment in the series brings Faye back to her home with a mystery that goes back to the Civil War. The personal relationships progress as Faye has to make a choice between Ross and Joe.

This book had much less of a focus on race than the previous ones which I appreciated as it was becoming too repetitive of a theme.
Gramy
I always find interesting tidbits from this author that increases my awareness of people and things and the way they relate to one another. Historical facts are well integrated into the fictional scenerio. Delighted Faye and Joe recoginzed their love for each other and are considering marriage. They are great for each other!
Iris
Nov 10, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2009
I loved the contrasts in this book. The smart archeologist living in the middle of nowhere loving her dumpy little island paradise. It is a treasure trove. Not for everyone however. The suit who loves her, the man who can care for himself, her and the entire island, but has trouble reading. Who will she choose? And what happens when murder is introduced into paradise?
Dev Singer
I love that Faye is saving her own butt with Joe's help! No more saved-by-the-big-strong-guy thing here. I also, as always, love the juxtaposition between current times narrative and source material that affects the archaeological story - this time letters and oral history about civil war times. I am sad about who died, though. Douglas had so much more story to tell.
Carol
Jul 14, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As usual I am reading a series out of order. This was good enough to make me hunt up the authors earlier books. It takes place on the barrier islands of Florida's west coast and details some Civil War history that I was not familiar with. A good story that held my attention till the end with details about archeology that were interesting and some romance. All in all a good read.
Therese B
Mar 13, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another great story by Mary Anna Evans. She is a Florida author and I went to one of her lectures and she is inspiring and so knowledgeable. Her characters are so great and her stories about archeology are wonderful.
Deb
Jul 27, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
archaeological series i like - takes place in FL. interesting characters; like the author as she researches the history of the area she has her heroine excavating. this mystery takes place in civil war era with artifacts being found and sold illegally. murder/mayhem ensue.
Barbara M
I had the wonderful opportunity to meet the author at a library event. She did an excellent job. The book was very good, very atmospheric. I liked the characters, she did a very nice job developing them. This was her first novel. I did go on to read more.
Sila
It was very much flowing and using archeology to solve a crime was smart and interesting. But there were parts where the way it was written would lose me on what was happening. Like it would come to an abrupt stop. All in all, it was fun reading this book.
Glenn Harris
Sep 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another absolutely first-rate mystery featuring archaeologist Faye Longchamp and her partner Joe Wolf Mantooth. Excellent writing, plotting and characters.
Kirsten Lenius
Oct 06, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Many things changed for our favorite characters in this story. It is not my favorite of the series, but I did enjoy it.
Pamela Cathcart
Dec 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fabulous! Fabulous!
I could blow trumpets for a while about Evans' #4, but I have #5 sitting here waiting to carry me away. N'awlins! L'aissez les bons temps roulez, indeed!
Jen
Aug 24, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
While the plot is rather suspect and the motivations of the characters are difficult to follow, I breezed through this bool. Nothing like treasure fiction to keep me reading.
Barbara
3.5 These books have made me go back to the Coursera archeology course I started in the summer. Each contributes to enjoyment of the other.
  • The Thai Amulet (Lara McClintoch Archeological Mystery, #7)
  • Uneasy Relations (Gideon Oliver, #15)
  • Ashes and Bones (An Emma Fielding Mystery, #6)
  • Lovely in Her Bones (Elizabeth MacPherson, #2)
  • Drinker of Blood (Lord Meren, #5)
  • A Darker God (Laetitia Talbot, #3)
  • The Day of Small Things (An Elizabeth Goodweather Appalachian Mystery #5)
Mary Anna Evans has degrees in physics and engineering, but her heart is in the past. Her series character, Faye Longchamp, lives the exciting life of an archaeologist, and Mary Anna envies her a little. Wounded Earth, features environmentalist Larabeth McLeod in a duel to the death against a stalker who calls himself Babykiller. Her Faye Longchamp archaeological mysteries include Artifacts, Relic ...more
More about Mary Anna Evans...

Faye Longchamp (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Artifacts (Faye Longchamp, #1)
  • Relics (Faye Longchamp, #2)
  • Effigies (Faye Longchamp, #3)
  • Floodgates (Faye Longchamp, #5)
  • Strangers (Faye Longchamp, #6)
  • Plunder (Faye Longchamp, #7)
  • Rituals (Faye Longchamp, #8)
  • Isolation (Faye Longchamp, #9)
  • Burials (Faye Longchamp #10)
  • Undercurrents