Start by marking “Mahzor Lev Shalem: Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur” as Want to Read:
Mahzor Lev Shalem: Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur

Mahzor Lev Shalem: Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur

New Conservative machzor for Rosh Hashana and Yom Kippur with gender neutral translation and running commentaries that explain each prayer. This prayerbook includes the complete liturgy for the high holy days. An added feature is a full transliteration of all songs.
Published 2010 by Rabbinical Assembly

To ask other readers questions about Mahzor Lev Shalem, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mahzor Lev Shalem

Start your review of Mahzor Lev Shalem: Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur
Aryeh
Jan 31, 2016 rated it liked it
This book was a consideration by the Machzor selection sub-committee of the Ritual Committee. A group of us are reviewing several different ones to see what might be the best fit for our community, as we are trying to find a replacement for the one we have been using. This was, unfortunately, the first one voted against. It isn't that it's a bad book at all, it's just that it was a bad fit for our community.

Pros: Hebrew has vowel markings. The script is pleasing to the eye and easy to read. The
Lisa Feld
Apr 21, 2010 rated it it was amazing
This is my fifth year using the Mahzor for High Holidays, and I'm delighted that at this point, I have certain favorite passages I like going back to and new, surprising things that I don't remember from previous years.

The Mahzor is laid out in four columns: the inner two columns are the original Hebrew and the English translation, while the outer two are comments on the translation or historical context on the far right and poetry or quotes from philosophers and mystics on the far l
Oct 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I used this for the High Holidays (fun since my synagogue uses a different mahzor). I lead a family service, and spent real time with the mahzor throughout the High Holidays and for a few days after, reading translations and the comments on the side, making notes and adding flags for the future. There were almost too many inspirational anecdotes. I look forward to using this mahzor for many, many years.

October 2019- For the first time in many years I was just a Jew in the pews. I rea
Nancy Eisner