Start by marking “Reapers, Inc. - Brigit's Cross” as Want to Read:
Reapers, Inc. - Brigit's Cross

Reapers, Inc. - Brigit's Cross (Reapers, Inc. #1)

3.62  ·  Rating details ·  74 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
Reapers, Inc.- Brigit's Cross is the beginning episode of Brigit Malone, a thirty-something lesbian, that is accidently killed on the eve of her ten-year anniversary to her partner, Maggie Devon. When Brigit is offered a position with Reapers, Incorporated-- the firm that actually handles the business of passing souls to their final judgments-- she takes the position in or ...more
Published December 10th 2009 by Createspace

To ask other readers questions about Reapers, Inc. - Brigit's Cross, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Reapers, Inc. - Brigit's Cross

Melissa
Apr 18, 2010 rated it really liked it
I like this one. The story was well put together and I found myself wanting to be the Reaper's Assistant!

This is the author's first book and I think she did a good job. While reading it it makes you question how you would react if you only had a very limited time with strangers. Would you be able to withhold judgment in order to help them pass through, or are we inclined to judge, even in death?

It was interesting to see the Grim Reaper portrayed as a regular person instead of what we normally ge
Cheri
Apr 01, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I would give it 2.5 stars, really, but the main reason for the low rating is because there are just so many misused words that I couldn't get past. There were several parts of the story, itself, that were tough for me to get behind and I caught myself thinking things like "what the hell?" and "why would they do that?".

But mostly the misused words, mostly typos that a spell checker wouldn't have caught but an editor or beta reader should have, drove me to distraction and I wasn't able to connect
Emma
May 18, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: supernatural
To be honest, I wasn't really expecting much from this book, I had it sitting, knew it came under the 'lesbian interest' type genre and knowing nothing else about it I decided to give it a go.

How pleasantly surprised was I! I really appreciated the dual element to the story focusing on Reapers Inc on one hand, and the relationship between Brigit and Maggie on the other. It was refreshing to read a lesbian storyline that was realistic and not just focused on sex, and I got totally caught up in th
Angela P
May 11, 2010 rated it really liked it
A friend gave me a copy of this book. She did so knowing that I love supernatural based stories. The heroine in the book Brigit Malone is a smart,sassy and strong woman that isn't afraid to let her emotions show. I enjoyed the juxtaposition between corporeal life and supernatural life, and how the charecter passed between the two,noting her observations of everything around her.

A thoughtful and well written book about the ramifications of certain choices and how someone that is self-aware deals
Lidia
Nov 14, 2011 rated it really liked it
. I found this book very interesting and original. I love the stories about the souls who live among ,was move by reading the stories of the characters and I smiled when I read a lot of hard work that the Grim Reaper make .Brigit is very nice and is a character strong.
Iona
Jan 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal
Excellent book. Really enjoyed reading this and clearly it the first in a series. Would like to seek out more.
Terry Baker
Aug 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
It’s Halloween and Brigit Malone is late to meet her partner, Maggie Devon. Unfortunately she isn’t going to be meeting her at all. She’s just been killed on her way home. Brigit and Maggie had been together almost ten years. One more day and they would have been celebrating their tenth anniversary.

Brigit had promised Maggie to always look after her and to always be there for her. How is she going to do that now?

As luck would have it, Brigit is offered a job at Reapers Incorporated. The firm o
Ashley
Dec 17, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2015-challenge
The premise of the book really intrigued me and when I found out that the main character was a lesbian I knew that I had to read this.

I loved that there were lgbt+ characters where their sexual orientation wasn't the primary focus of the novel. As a queer woman myself, I really liked that Brigit and Maggie's love was just so 'matter-of-fact', yet you could never doubt the love Brigit held for Maggie. I feel like too many lgbt+ books make the characters representatives of their orientation first,
Trisha
Aug 21, 2014 rated it liked it
Not too shabby for a first charge out of the gate. I like the modern take on reaper story lines that have been cropping up and this one is pretty decent. I like the LGBT aspect included as just a matter of life and I found the story readable and well paced. There were some pretty large plot holes I hope the writer deals with before too long and I hope we get some back story and depth to the characters. I will ready the second book as soon as I can find it and see how it goes.
Hazel
May 21, 2011 rated it did not like it
I haven't read a ghost story in ages, and thought this a promising idea. (The clue's in the title.) Unfortunately, it is very poorly written. I don't understand how writers get published when they lack basic English Language skills. Even the sentence structure is poor in places and eventually I concluded that the author must have English as a second language, in which case, she should fire her editor. Naturally, it begins a series.
Someonedark
Janelle
May 16, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
  • River Walker
  • Silver Collar (Garoul, #4)
  • The Grim Reaper's Dance (Grim Reaper Mystery, #2)
  • Broken Wings
  • Rebel's Quest (Supreme Constellations, #2)
  • The Salbine Sisters
  • Three Days
  • 1049 Club
  • Love Spell
  • Darkness Embraced (Rosso Lussuria Vampire, #1)
  • No Man's Land (Imp World #3)
  • Rebecca's Cove
  • The Awakening (The Sisters of Spirits Trilogy, #1)
  • The Secret of St. Claire
  • After Mrs Hamilton
  • Second Nature (Shape-Shifter, #1)
  • Snow Moon Rising
  • The Rainbow Cedar
Officially: B.L. Newport was born with a strong belief and sensitivity in the supernatural side of life. After growing up in the small Northwest Arkansas town of Siloam Springs, she has lived in New York City and Las Vegas, Nevada. During these journeys, B.L. has discovered the joys of hard work, good friends and good coffee. A hopeless romantic and eternal adventurer,she resides in Denver, Colora ...more
More about B.L. Newport...

Reapers, Inc. (5 books)
  • Reapers, Inc.- Rogue Reaper
  • Reapers, Inc.- Dark Souls
  • Reapers, Inc. - The Hunter (#4)
  • Reapers, Inc. - Demon's Game (Book 5)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• These Vicious Masks
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Hundredth Queen (The Hundredth Queen, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Cruel Beauty (Cruel Beauty Universe, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Once Dead (The Rho Agenda Inception #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Door Within (The Door Within, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Harmony Black (Harmony Black, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Cloud Atlas
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Galápagos
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Thirteen
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Unspoken (The Vampire Diaries: The Salvation, # 2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Mark of Fire (The Endarian Prophecy #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Star (The Collected Stories of Arthur C. Clarke, #3)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Season of Fire (The Remnants, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dreamsongs. Volume I (Dreamsongs, #1)
    $12.99 $2.99
  • Lethal Velocity : A Novel
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Glass Spare (The Glass Spare, #1)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • The Haunting Season
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Season of Wonder (The Remnants, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Second Ship (The Rho Agenda, #1)