Start by marking “Perhaps.” as Want to Read:
Perhaps.

Perhaps.

A collection of short fiction by Stephen Schwegler. In fact, one might go so far as to say the single greatest collection of short fiction by Stephen Schwegler known to man or beast! Perhaps. includes the legendary and hilarious stories "Jesus Was Broke," "Doughnuts," "Big Titty Showdown," and "Rodents from Beyond: Part One," as well as eight equally as legendary and hilar ...more
Published March 15th 2010 by Jersey Devil Press

To ask other readers questions about Perhaps., please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Perhaps.

Derek
Dec 17, 2013 rated it did not like it
It's not often I find a book I can't stand, but this one definitely is at the top of the list. I strongly dislike the writing style, the stories were dull, and this entire collection lacked substance. Horrid. I would never recommend this to anyone, even those who enjoy bizarro. At least it was free.
SirShucky
Oct 29, 2012 rated it liked it
Most of the stories were short and quite a bit strange. Overall it wasn't bad but I can't really give it 4 stars or anything because I wasn't super impressed through the whole book. It was definitely a change of pace for me and am glad I decided to read this one. Several of the stories were really good. I lost a bit of interest with "In Search of the Glass Chicken". My favorite picks were "Doughnuts", "Finding an Apartment is Hell", and "Big Titty Showdown". I also had a few good laughs while re ...more
Victor Giron
Nov 27, 2010 rated it really liked it
There's something going on over in Montclair New Jersey, that drives writers like Stephen Schwegler and fellow associate Eirik Gumeney (editor of Jersey Devil Press) to write these outlandish, fast, crazy stories that use back-and-forth dialogue to great effect. You have Jesus, the devil, big titles, intelligent squirrels, and much more. Not the type of stuff I usually like to read, but it was easy to read and made me smile many times. I'm interested to see Mr. Schwegler take this in some kind o ...more
Darci
Jun 07, 2010 rated it it was ok
I won this book from Goodreads and was excited to start reading it. The stories are different and not really what you expect them to be. I did chuckle during the stories, but I didn't find them as funny as I was hoping. Some of them didn't seem to go anywhere, or maybe I just missed the point. Big Titty Showdown was one of the longest stories in the book and I enjoyed that one the most. So maybe the other stories just needed a bit more for me to love them.
K.
Aug 05, 2011 rated it really liked it
If I had to use one word to describe this book, it would be “quirky.” Schwegler has sought to use the world around us and give it a slant. With appearances by intelligent squirrels, talking food, and even Jesus, the range of story subjects will make you look at reality in a new way.

Read my review on Fandomania.
Jade Inks
Jun 14, 2010 rated it really liked it
Well this is a book I won from here good reads And is like to say thank you to Stephen Schwegler this book is humorous and I love it already i love the dongnuts arguing wwith eachother ... its funny and a new type of book i have never read before
Capiz
Nov 02, 2012 rated it it was ok
random and different, this was a quick read and reasonably amusing. The best, most profound story is the first one, and they're all just sort of...amusingly wtf? from there. Still, for free I'm not complaining. And besides, there were chickens.
Padre
Nov 04, 2012 rated it it was ok
The unfinished stories that went nowhere and mostly unfunny jokes dragged it down. But the last one was enjoyable.
Stephen Schwegler
Jan 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: wrote
By far the best book I've ever written. Pay no mind that it's the only one. That's not really the point right now. It's funny, you should read it. Now with a preview of the follow-up collection, SCATTERED TOGETHER.
Stephen Schwegler
Apr 17, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Recommends it for: Everyone
Shelves: wrote
Lee Bentley
Apr 23, 2017
Heather G Gentle
Burke Burke
Nov 10, 2012
Stephen Schwegler
Aug 04, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Eirik Gumeny
Dec 02, 2012
Chris Rhatigan
Nov 06, 2014
Krissy
rated it did not like it
Nov 01, 2012
Cheryl
Caitlin Holm
Amber Marrott
Jun 03, 2010
Stephen Schwegler is the author of Gag, Scattered Together and Perhaps., the co-author of Screw the Universe and one time head of livestock at Jersey Devil Press. There's a high probability that he's sitting on his couch right this very minute not being the least bit productive.

"Like" Stephen on Facebook!