Start by marking “Stopping Time (Wicked Lovely, #2.5)” as Want to Read:
Stopping Time (Wicked Lovely, #2.5)

Stopping Time

(Wicked Lovely #2.5)

An exciting e-story original sequel to Ink Exchange!

Leslie walked away from the Dark Court, determined to reclaim her life and live it on her own terms-even if it meant leaving behind the two faeries who love her. She knows Niall and Irial watch over her, and she would give almost anything to keep them from hurting. But she resists the pull to be with either one of them.

Published April 23rd 2010 by HarperCollins Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Stopping Time, please sign up.
JoyJoy Bean Not really but the timing just fits better there.…moreNot really but the timing just fits better there. (less)
The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner by Stephenie MeyerMidnight Sun by Stephenie MeyerThe Shadowhunter's Codex by Cassandra ClareAdrian's Lost Chapter by Richelle MeadThe Twilight Saga by Stephenie Meyer
Extras
107 books — 89 voters
Aerie and Reckoning by Thomas E. SniegoskiEvermore by Alyson NoelRaziel by Kristina DouglasHaunting Violet by Alyxandra HarveyFallen by Lauren Kate
Look-A-Like Covers
115 books — 15 voters

More lists with this book...

Start your review of Stopping Time (Wicked Lovely, #2.5)
Katerina Kondrenko
4 out of 10

ревью на русском/review in russian

Leslie, Irial and Niall are... trio? They love each other, they sleep or slept with each other while I am asking myself... when these guys had managed to fall that hard for this girl?? And why...

Wicked Lovely (Коварная Красота):
Wicked Lovely (Коварная Красота) #1/5
Ink Exchange (Роковая татуировка) #2/5
Stopping Time (Останавливая время) #2.5/5
Old Habits (Старые привычки) #2.6/5
Fragile Eternity (Темное предсказание) #3/5
Radiant Shadows (Смертные
Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads-no-more
K seriously . . . someone needs to write some MMF fanfic for Irial, Niall, and Leslie.

For REALZ.
 ♥ Rebecca ♥
The Wicked Lovely series would have gotten 5-stars from me across the board if it weren't for the weird Leslie-Irial-Niall love-triangle/threesome situation. It makes me really uncomfortable. And my least favourite character in the whole series is Irial, so I was pretty disappointed that the extras are about them. I do and dont want to read Old Habits. I still love the world. I am not sure what I will do.
Jilly
Jul 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: novella, faeries-fae
A true love triangle! They actually all love each other - the men love each other as much as they each love the girl. I like it!
And, it features my three favorite characters, Leslie, Irial, and Niall!
Michele (Reading Lark/CanadianTwiMom)
Stopping Time is a little novella that picks up a short time after the events of Ink Exchange, where Leslie severed her ties to Irial and the Dark Court, and to Niall as well, in order to save herself from who she might become as a member of the Dark Court, IF she even survived the Ink Exchange experiment.

At the end of Ink, Irial bestowed the leadership of the Dark Court to Niall. Everyone is trying to adjust to these recent changes. Leslie is now trying to live her life without faerie
Nice to catch up with Leslie, Niall and Irial, the book seemed a lot longer than 36 pages though!
Jul 10, 2010 added it
Shelves: urban-fantasy, fantasy, ya
I read Ink Exchange more than a year ago, and I don't remember all the details, but I do remember the basics. Great characters, good plot, fantastic writing, and pretty much just that I loved it. But, this isn't a love-letter to Ink Exchange (I promise).

So, liking Ink Exchange as much as I did, I was thrilled to find this short-story in the back of my paperback copy of Fragile Eternity.

Stopping Time picks up a while after Ink Exchange ends, and Leslie has moved away from the town where the
I'd So Rather Be Reading {Nat}
Sep 24, 2010 rated it really liked it
Boy, I just love Melissa Marr. My only complaint about her beautifully written Wicked Lovely series is that we don't get a lot of closure on the different story arcs. Some of that was resolved with Stopping Time, a sequel to Ink Exchange. Stopping Time is a novella (boy I wish it would have been a full-length novel) which picks up where Ink Exchange left off.

Leslie left the Dark Court and Niall and Irial behind. She loves both of them and they both love her. They are still looking out for her,
Kelly
Mar 10, 2011 rated it it was amazing
You know, I can easily see Irial becoming my favorite Faeries. He's got the sexy, powerful thing going for him, topped with a dark streak and a willingness to do the right thing for his people. That's just... hot.

This was one of those nice little glimpses into the world of our characters after the end of a book. Leslie made the choice to walk away from Niall and Irial and from the Dark Court because she didn't like the person she was when she was in it. It wasn't an easy decision for her to make
Alexandra
Nov 29, 2010 rated it really liked it
Ok, so I read this as a bonus within Fragile Eternity. And I'm surprised by how much I like it, given how I felt about Ink Exchange. Maybe the story just works better as a short one, since I don't think much happened in the novel anyway. It took me until this story to realize that this is a true love triangle - in which all three people involved in it actually do love the other two people.

That's so fascinating (and not in a sexual way at all! Although I imagine if they really had a threesome
Gracie O
Dec 29, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: gabriel
OHMYGAWD!!!

If I didn't love Niall in Ink Exchange, then I'm completely, utterly, irrevocably 190% more taken by him in this short story.

Niall is one of those characters that will really get you hooked, simply by the fact that their whole background is a bit mysterious. And who doesn't like a good mystery?

Leslie and Niall's story was by far, more interesting than Ash&Seth's will ever be.

And with Irial in the picture, this combo (or trio?)'s adventure will be anything but easy :)
willaful
Oct 23, 2010 rated it it was ok
There were parts of this two-part short story that I found really intriguing, but the amount of repetition put me off. (How many times must the conflict be stated? At least once per paragraph, apparently.) It was a nice enough read for free and I would love to see Marr explore this love triangle more in the future. But a little more succinctly, please.
Tracy's Place
Nov 27, 2011 rated it really liked it
4.25

I really liked this short story that continues after Ink Exchange. I knew that there was a relationship between Niall and Irial but I guess I just didn't pick up on the extent of the relationship in IE. This story really shows us more and is quite good.
Zainab
Feb 21, 2020 rated it it was ok
Umm.. another quite accepting love triangle.. After Seth, Keenan and Aislinn.. I thought it would be different.. but nope!! So much repetition of same phrases in 37 pages. I think ink exchange had a great ending and this one is written just to undo that great ending.
Daphne B.
Kaka_shi
Nov 05, 2017 rated it it was ok
Meh, cute.
Lauren Jones
Jan 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
What a great way to get some closure. Really like how this wrapped up. Worth the read.
Heather
Jul 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Absolutely loved this story! Sweet and sad. A nice bridge between Ink Exchange and Fragile Eternity.
Doreen
Jun 29, 2018 rated it liked it
A quick little glimpse into the love between mortal girl, the dark king, and the former dark king. A love that has the power to destroy and also protect.
Kathy Davie
May 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paranormal
This one is 2.5 in the Wicked Lovely so-very-romantic paranormal series for Young Adults. The couple focus is on Leslie, Irial, and Niall.

My Take
This is so romantic and makes me cry. Makes my heart hurt with all that Irial is giving up.

It irritates me that Leslie wants nothing to do with the Dark Court, and yet she encourages Irial to hang around. She likes the protection of the fairies, but she doesnt want to give back. I can, however, understand why she doesnt want to be part of their Court:
☆Stephanie☆
This was a quick novella from Ink Exchange, which I just finished reading. It's like book 2.25 in the Wicked Lovely series. It tells the story of Leslie after she realizes that she is being harassed by a non-fairy enemy. Niall and Irial show their love for Leslie without getting jealous, and also show a bond that seems to exist between the two of them. It's a quick read, about 30 or more pages, but it satisfied my frustration at what happened with Leslie and Niall after Ink Exchange. I actually ...more
Louise
Sep 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
I really loved that you got to see a different side of Niall, but of Irial as well.
The reason for that is because I love Niall's character, and this book gave us a closer look at his character.
I will be looking forward to reading more about him in the following books ( I certainly hope so).
Krys

Stopping Time is a short story by Melissa Marr based in the same world as Wicked Lovely. It follows Leslie, Irial, and Niall from book two in the series, Ink Exchange. It was very refreshing to read this, as these are my favourite characters in the series. This particular addition really helps to round out everyone as well.

Leslie is a student, assiduously avoiding her past, trying to forget the time she spent in the Dark Court with Irial. Now a college student she has a tentative agreement with
Jeanne 'Divinae'
Feb 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
This takes place after Ink Exchange. Leslie has left the Dark court, including walking away from Niall and Irial. She loves both of them, but doesn't want to be part of there court. Niall is now the new Dark King. She is living her mortal life with her mortal friends. She will never go back to her mortal life from before she meet Niall and Irial though. She has faeries watching over her(protecting her) from three courts now: Dark, Summer and Winter.

She was frightened by how her life was in the
Kimberly
Mar 28, 2012 rated it really liked it
Okay - disclaimer. This is my first venture into this series. I wanted something short and fluffy to read in between some heavier books that I am tackling. This is certainly it.

I found the characters to be interesting. A lot doesn't seem to happen in this novella, but it seems like the author's intent is to work on some character development in between longer books of the series. I find myself liking most of the characters with the exception of the protagonist's brother, who is a prick, and her
I am Cat。
Mar 21, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: faeries
I really wish that this had been expanded into a fuller book. Marr definitely would earn brownie points by expanding the Leslie-Niall-Irial triangle. Actually, I'd love to get into the nitty gritty of it. It wasn't something I expected at all, but I think with the Gancanaghs a polyamorous, three way relationship would fit nicely into Wicked Lovely. Looking back (I read this after finishing Darkest Mercy), the same could almost be said about Aislinn-Keenan-Donia, seeing as Aislinn was truly ...more
Angela
May 06, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Stopping Time is book 2.5, a short story in the Wicked Lovely Series by Melissa Marr. I really enjoyed this story and seeing more of Irial and Niall. In this story, Irial is watching out for Leslie and keeping his distance. (view spoiler) ...more
orannia
Mar 27, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: young-adult, 2013
Three and three-quarter stars. While I understand that not everyone can have a HEA, of all the characters in the Wicked Lovely series I felt Leslie deserved one most of all. But she, along with Irial and Niall, seemed doomed to never reach that, being that Leslie is human and fears...not the Dark Court itself, but what she may become if part of it. And yet everyone else at the end of the final book in the series got their HEA. And I'm peeved about it. Which I guess is an issue with the plot, ...more
Jessica
Mar 20, 2012 rated it liked it
Nothing important really happens that needs to be know.

Review:

a.) Characters: 3/5 score. Leslie has grown since we last seen her in Ink Exchange. I think its cute how the faeries watch over her, but it would get annoying if she was trying to leave their world. Leslie doesnt seem to think much about that.

b.) Plot: 3/5 score. I think this wasnt needed, but it made me have more questions about Niall and Irials past relationship. The whole time Leslie was being stalked, I knew who it was. I mean,
Kj
Oct 17, 2010 rated it did not like it
I really didn't like Ink Exchange and the more that I think about it I really hated the first half of that book so this story didn't interest me. I only read it because it was included in the version of Fragile Eternity that my library had. Hopefully Leslie's storyline is done for good and I will never have to read about it again but for those fans out there who liked Ink Exchange and the whole love triangle between Irial/Leslie/Niall you will definitely like this short story. It picks up where ...more
« previous 1 3 4 next »
where can i find this book? 1 5 Feb 06, 2013 04:43PM

• A Mad Zombie Party (White Rabbit Chronicles, #4)
  • Ève (ROMAN)
  • Versailles
  • Crown of Thunder (Beasts Made of Night, #2)
  • Come Tumbling Down (Wayward Children, #5)
  • Rosso Oltremare
  • The Queen of Zombie Hearts (White Rabbit Chronicles, #3)
  • Through the Zombie Glass (White Rabbit Chronicles, #2)
  • 5-Minute Pete the Cat Stories
  • Pete the Cat: Rock On, Mom and Dad!
  • Pete the Cat: Sir Pete the Brave
  • Alex (Delirium, #1.1)
  • The Storm Crow (The Storm Crow, #1)
  • Bitterfrost (Mythos Academy: Colorado #1)
  • Crusade
  • Hana (Delirium, #1.5)
  • Raven (Delirium, #2.5)
  • The Good Soldiers

Melissa Marr is a former university literature instructor who writes fiction for adults, teens, and children. She is best known for the Wicked Lovely series for teens, the Graveminder for adults, and her debut picturebook Bunny Roo, I Love You.

Her books have been translated into twenty-eight languages and been bestsellers internationally as well as domestically (NY Times, Los Angeles Times, USA

Wicked Lovely (5 books)
  • Wicked Lovely (Wicked Lovely, #1)
  • Ink Exchange (Wicked Lovely, #2)
  • Fragile Eternity (Wicked Lovely, #3)
  • Radiant Shadows (Wicked Lovely, #4)
  • Darkest Mercy (Wicked Lovely, #5)