Start by marking “Death on the Aegean Queen (Dotsy Lamb, #3)” as Want to Read:
Death on the Aegean Queen (Dotsy Lamb, #3)

Death on the Aegean Queen (Dotsy Lamb #3)

3.66  ·  Rating details ·  150 Ratings  ·  28 Reviews
A car salesman from the U.S.A. goes missing from a cruise ship in the wee hours, leaving only a bloody deck behind. It looks like murder and the main suspect is the husband of Dotsy Lamb's best friend Lettie. The ship's photographer knows something and would have told, but he's also murdered the following day on the island of Mykonos. Ship's security, Mykonos police, the F ...more
Published May 19th 2010 by Five Star (ME) (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Death on the Aegean Queen, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Death on the Aegean Queen

Sheri
Jul 04, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Death on the Aegean Queen (Maria Hudgins)
Mystery/Murder. Classic who-done-it. Dotsy Lamb sets out on a cruise to Greece. Soon a man ends up over board, leaving nothing but a trail of blood. Dotsy sets out to solve this caper. While investigating, the ships photographer ends up dead as well. Panic is abound on the ship, Dotsy is determined to get to the truth. Secrets, lies, and hidden truths abound in this page turning, fast, fun read. I will look at more work from Maria Hudgins.
Loraine
SUMMARY: George Gaskill, a car salesman from Indiana, goes missing from the stern deck of the Aegean Queen leaving only a pool of blood and a strange note behind. Ollie Osgood, the husband of Dotsy Lamb's best friend Lettie, is the last person to have seen him and one of three men who lost a bundle to George in a Texas Hold'em Poker game. Then the ship's photographer turns up murdered on the beautiful island of Mykonos.
Dotsy wants only to unwind and to renew her promising relationship with Marco
John
Jan 13, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery, ebooks
I got this one as an Amazon Prime free loan, and honestly, kinda glad I didn't pay for it. Mystery angle was okay; it's a cozy, so I wasn't expecting profound. Here's the point that drive me nuts: much is made of Dotsy's diabetes, yet she had four ouzos one night! Leads me to wonder whether the author is familiar with the disease at all, but decided to make her protagonist one as a "hook"?
Shirley
Aug 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012
I never expected to love this book .... but ... I did! Karen Krause was a perfect choice for narrator. A mix of Agatha and Fletcher very enjoyable.
Kelly
Jul 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
3 stars for the story, which was pretty entertaining. 5 stars for the audiobook performance.
Celest
May 16, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I normally enjoy mysteries but this one kind of sank for me. Honestly I can't articulate why. The characters were fine and it was fun to think of people solving crimes on a cruise ship but I just couldn't connect with the story.
Beatrice
I am hooked on this series. The travel aspect is great and Doty Lamb and her friends are so funny and likable.
Stephanie Dollinger
Sep 05, 2017 rated it it was ok
Eh
Bookmuseuk
Dotsy Lamb is a lovable crime fighter in the style of Miss Marple or Agatha Raisin – but with a sharp eye and a Tennessee drawl that leaves her compatriots in the shade. This was the first novel I’d read by this author, and have to say I found it a pleasant experience.

There are no high emotions in this genre, but there are a satisfying amount of twists and turns by a bunch of interesting, in-depth characters that kept me gripped until the final chapters. The death of car salesman, George Gaskill
P Karr
Sep 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery
Death on the Aegean Queen is the third installment in the Dotsy Lamb travel mysteries. I first introduced Dotsy in Death of a Geek which was set in the Scottish Highlands. Death on the Aegean Queen is set on a cruise ship that is touring the Aegean and Greek islands. Although there is an abundance of people, the setting could be called remote, or removed from the mainland.

Dotsy, accompanied by friend Lettie and her husband Ollie, is about to leave on a cruise of the Greek islands. She looks forw
K
Oct 12, 2014 rated it it was ok
When I started I was so excited that I found a new mrs. P., but it just didn't work for me. I loved the setting, but never connected with Dotsy, the heroine. Not sure why, she was likeable, and has quirks. The mystery seemed to drag along. Having the two missing mysteries running was fun. but I disliked the end, with the bracelet and Lettie. Never did like the "best friend" Lettie and her husband George. they did not see to act that way, going their won way.
Just okay read, found it slow at times
Julie
Dec 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
Dotsy, Lettie and her husband are on a Greek cruise ship. And Marco--part of the Italian carbinari that they met in Italy is joining them. At their dinner table, they meet a couple from America then later that night, the husband is missing and blood is found on the deck. They along with an FBI agent and a local cop, try to figure out what happened as well with a murder of the ship's photographer and some smuggling of valuable artifacts. There were some twists and turns and some surprises. Good w ...more
Hedgiemom
Sep 15, 2012 rated it it was ok
This is a typical series mystery. It's nothing to write home about but it is a pleasant read. I have read a lot of this type of genre writing, so it's got to be really unusual for me to get excited about it. There were some typos/proofreading errors but not as many as there are in most of the e-books I've been reading lately. I don't like cutesy names and "Dotsy" for the heroine's name is pretty icky.
Marty
May 31, 2016 rated it liked it
A fun mystery with an added bonus of a trip through the Greek islands. … Dotsy Lamb, a community college history teacher (specializes in ancient and medieval history) is cruising the Greek islands with friends. A fellow passenger is killed and thrown overboard – messy blood on the deck! Is the murderer one of the passengers or the crew –or ??? Other strange things begin happening.
Marilyn
I have now read all three of the Dotsy Lamb travel mysteries. As before, these are enjoyable reads, cozy so to say. I just have a problem with a teacher being the only one who could figure out the problems. It made the authorities look quite incapable of figuring things out. But it is a quirky mystery, and enjoyable!
J. Ewbank
Jul 23, 2014 rated it liked it
This mystery by Hudgins is a nice, comfortable read. It is one of a series so those who enjoy this book can enjoy others by the same author. I would read another book by this author myself because it was interesting and the characters were sketched out well.

J. Robert Ewbank author "John Wesley, Natural Man, and the Isms" "Wesey's Wars" and "To Whom It May Concern"
Diane Hernandez
Jun 03, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
Nice cozy mystery with good descriptions of both Greece and cruising. The audio book narrator really elevated this book from a 3 to a 4 star. She was entertaining and it was easy to keep the characters straight even during busy LA traffic.

I was given a copy of the audio book in exchange for an honest review.
Trudy
Apr 29, 2013 rated it liked it
I enjoyed this mystery, but I felt the characters needed a bit more depth (and perhaps fewer characters would be a step in the right direction). Furthermore, it's rather hard to take a protagonist with the name Dotsy very seriously. All-in-all, though, it was a nice, light read.
Pat
Jan 01, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: mystery
An average mystery. Great setting.
Free at ALA.
Ruth
Feb 11, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: crime-mystery
Great for a light but enjoyable read.
Pennie Rowberry
Aug 30, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good Holiday Read

Ideal book for light reading in the sun which amalgamates the escape of a Mediterranean cruise with dual plot crime thriller. Easy to read & very enjoyable.
Sheri
Jun 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Love Maria Hudgins' Dotsy Lamb travel mysteries. I feel like I'm actually traveling along with the heroine. can't wait to start on book 4!
Lyra
Nov 27, 2012 rated it liked it
More of a 3.5. Well written traditional mystery in the vein of Miss Marple.
Barbara
Jul 14, 2010 rated it liked it
I'll definitely read more of these -- fun travel mystery!
Terrisa
Aug 11, 2012 rated it really liked it
very Agatha Christie like
Paige Pell
Mar 16, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun, easy read. Makes me want to visit Greece!
Lenore
Jan 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
Enjoyable, coherent, well written, quick, easy read.
Lisa
Mar 27, 2012
Lynn
Apr 22, 2014
Jun 11, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Madison Mega-Mara...: Death on the Aegean Queen 1 3 Apr 29, 2013 09:05PM
  • The Essene Conspiracy
  • Dutch Me Deadly (Passport to Peril, #7)
  • Murder Passes the Buck (Gertie Johnson, #1)
  • Fancy Gap
  • At Large (Josephine Fuller, #3)
  • Deadly Blessings (An Alex St. James Mystery #1)
  • Mass Murder (Giorgio Salvatori, #1)
  • Any Port in a Storm (A Jolie Gentil Cozy Mystery, #4)
  • Crescent City Kill (Skip Langdon, #7)
  • Murder in Death's Door County
  • Classmate Murders (A Jim Richards Murder Mystery #1)
  • The Christmas Carol Murders
  • Down Home And Deadly  (Sleuthing Sisters Mystery #3)
  • Storm Surge (A Jonie Waters Mystery, #1)
  • Progressive Dinner Deadly (Myrtle Clover Cozy Mysteries #2)
  • Buried By Buttercups (Peggy Lee Garden Mysteries #5.5)
  • A Case of Imagination (Madeline Maclin #1)
  • Jim Knighthorse Series: All Three Books
Maria is an avid traveler and mystery lover. She is a retired teacher living in Hampton, Virginia. She started writing fiction when she retired six years ago and now has two books in print.
More about Maria Hudgins...

Dotsy Lamb (5 books)
  • Death Of An Obnoxious Tourist (Dotsy Lamb, #1)
  • Death of a Lovable Geek (Dotsy Lamb, #2)
  • Death of a Second Wife (Dotsy Lamb, #4)
  • Death in an Ivory Tower (Dotsy Lamb, #5)