Start by marking “One Last Story and That's It” as Want to Read:
One Last Story and That's It

One Last Story and That's It

Published January 1st 2005 by Katha

To ask other readers questions about One Last Story and That's It, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One Last Story and That's It

Start your review of One Last Story and That's It
Manab
Jun 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
শুরুর গল্প থেকে একটু পরপর একেকটা ভয়াবহ জিনিস ছাড়ে, আমি নিতে পারি না, বন্ধুবান্ধবরে ইন্টারনেটে সেই গল্প খুঁজে বের করে কই, পড়ো, পড়ো, আমি ত নিতে পারি নাই, তারা নিলে যদি ভার কিছু কমে, বাটোয়ারা করে নিলে পরে।
মজা নেয়া বাদ দিয়ে বলি, সেই। সব গল্প ভালো না একরকমের, আমার ত লাগে নাই, কিন্তু কার সব গল্প ভালো হয়!
তাছাড়া বরাবর এত ভালো ভালো গল্প লেখা একঘেয়েমির ব্যাপার হবার কথা!
ভারতে প্রকাশিত ইজরায়েলী বই - এইটা এক ধরনের আটপৌরে আনন্দ দিচ্ছে। শাঁসালো আনন্দ গল্পগুলিতেই। কী যে অদ্ভূত।
১, ২, ৩, ৭, ১১, ১৩, ১৫,
Śrī
Jan 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
Strange stories, but they provoke a lot of thinking.
Radhika
Feb 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
I loved some of the short stories, the stories are simple but they leave an impact on you!
Neha
Jun 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing
stories which stood out: breaking the pig, good intentions, one last story and that's it, jetlag.
Chieh-An Yu
Apr 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Simply great stories. Enjoy the moment reading them without the effort to concentrate on the words. The stories just come out to you.
Jay Jani
Jun 08, 2012 rated it liked it
1st ever book that I finished reading in one sitting. A lot of amusing light-hearted stories that are fun to read and few are just a bit meaningless. Not a bad time pass for an hour ! There are often occasions where Etgar Keret impresses with brilliance of heart-touching writing and occasions where you can get drowned in your past and into nostalgia.

Stories that stood out for me are :-
The Story About a Bus Driver Who Wanted to be God, Siren, Katzenstein, Jetlag, Pipes & Crazy Glue.
Neha Gupta
Sep 03, 2012 rated it really liked it
A collection of stories with a quality like O'Henry's- all ending as a bit of a surprise. An assortment of tales that are funny, weird, astonishing, nonsensical and simply beautiful- but all heartfelt.
The use of grammar is very slick and the ideas are crisply, powerfully conveyed. My favorite from the lot are The bus driver who wanted to be God, Breaking the Pig and Crazyglue.
Abhishek Mishra
Sep 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A book I instantly fell in love with. An easy going assortment of amusing and simple tales, which claim to be as commonplace and inconspicuous as entertaining they are. The tales are witty, crafty, comic and disturbing, and an unintended insight into the various faces of life in Israel.

Etgar Keret is a discovery that's gonna keep me happy for quite some time.
KS
Apr 28, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction
Collection of stories which will make you think...and make you laugh...and make you feel good and bad.....sorry, actually I did not get what were the feelings I got, when I finished reading each story in the book. The only thing I understand is that Keret got an unique style as everyone says...!!
Siddhartha
Jan 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
If you are into short stories, Etgar Keret is one author you have to checkout.
This edition is one of the best collection of his stories.

My favorites: The bus driver..., Kazenstein, Breaking the Pig.
Cornflake Monster
May 25, 2016 rated it liked it
I could have given it a four star, the longest story in this collection kept me from doing so:I did not quite enjoy the longest story when I first read it, but maybe I will go back to this later and find a way to appreciate it. Overall a very decent past-time book for procrastinators like me.
Cherry Wang
Oct 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Etgar Keret的短篇小說既幽默又cynical,他寫的也許不是一個個小故事,而是一個個的社會現象,人生裡有太多的事、太多的面相不是我們能改變的,所以Etgar Keret總是以嘲諷的口氣寫下他眼裡的人生百態。。。這本書是台灣出版社從Etgar Keret數本短篇小說裡精選出來集結成冊,所以篇篇精采。。。
Geetika Mehta
May 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
A unique collection of unusual short stories.
Yu Jie
Jul 26, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Doris Ng
Dec 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I only finished part of it and it's in traditional chinese.
I would love to read the english version and complete it.
Sandeep
Oct 05, 2014
Akshaya
May 13, 2019
« previous 1 3 next »

• Deathless Divide (Dread Nation, #2)
  • Touch
  • The Poet's Dog
  • I Am a Story
  • The Fantastic Flying Books of Mr. Morris Lessmore
  • Being Billy
  • You Are Special (Wemmicksville, #1)
  • Just the Way You Are
  • Little Star
  • The BreakBeat Poets, Vol. 3: Halal If You Hear Me
  • Q & A
  • The Narrow Road to the Deep North
  • The Upstairs Room
  • The Restless Girls
Etgar Keret is an Israeli writer known for his short stories, graphic novels, and scriptwriting for film and television. His books had been published in more than thirty languages.

Keret has received the Prime Minister's award for literature, as well as the Ministry of Culture's Cinema Prize. The short film Malka Lev Adom (Skin Deep, 1996), which Keret wrote and directed with Ran Tal, won an Israel