Start by marking “The Dinosaur Club” as Want to Read:
The Dinosaur Club

The Dinosaur Club

3.56  ·  Rating details ·  78 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
Both a penetrating look at today's business world and a devastating assessment of corporate greed, The Dinosaur Club is a compelling novel and a hilarious page-turner. Within days, Jack Fallon learns that his wife of twenty-four years is dumping him and that the only company he's ever worked for is about to do the same. The head honchos at Waters Cable have decided to impl ...more
Published December 1st 1998 by Pocket Books (first published 1997)

To ask other readers questions about The Dinosaur Club, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Dinosaur Club

CLM
Aug 24, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Betsy and Kip
A cleverly conceived thriller which would make a better movie than nearly everything out there.
Sam
Feb 07, 2014 rated it liked it
This is a greatly amusing book! It's a real page turner. The author, William Heffermnn, told a story about internal corporate warfare with great details. It's a warfare between the Dinosaurs Club and a group of cunning executives.

The whole story gives a reflective thought of what really worth-seeking in corporate life & how the companies are liable to their employees' state of welfare & security.

A copy of the book I red belonged to Ottawa Public Library back to 1999, but misteriously di
Pagan
May 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
Don't look for depth in this book. Instead it is a fun, repeatable read with black and white good guys and bad guys. You jeer the bad guys and cheer the good guys as you reach the (predictable) end. So why a 4-star rating for a shallow, predicable book? Because it is SO much fun.
When I eat I sometimes want a new, challenging taste sensation that I'll be thinking about for the rest of the evening. And sometimes I want a good burger - something to eat while I watch a fun movie, wiping my fingers
John
Sep 04, 2007 rated it liked it
Not a bod book, sort of simple in it's scope. It's basically "First Wives Club" for corporate America. An over-the-hill sales executive with a fat salary and almost-mature pension is threatened with downsizing due to corporate greed and decides to fight back.
I would have preferred a different ending, and it's sort of tough to feel sorry for Jack, the main character, making 6 figures and still not able to save for his own retirement.
It does serve as a good insite into the greed/lack of employee
David Meyer
Apr 10, 2016 rated it liked it
This was a fun read that kept me interested throughout. The book paints an ugly picture of corporate America, following a company that is plotting to lay off its oldest employees to save money in pension funds and high salaries. The book follows a senior member of the company who is attempting to prevent the plan from happening while dealing with the rest of his life unfolding. I'd give the book a higher rating, if it weren't for the end, which while entertaining, was the only part of the book I ...more
Sandra
Jun 09, 2013 rated it liked it
A little dated, but good story.
Barb Boomer
Jul 24, 2008 rated it it was ok
Lacked something: real characters? believable plot? hmm, don't waste your time.
Roger Allen
May 22, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013
Showed promise, but lost me at the end with a highly improbable scenario.
Maurean
May 21, 2008 rated it liked it
I found this one a highly entertaining read. Heffernan's writing style put me in mind of Donald Westlake, one of my all-time favorite storytellers.
Alyssa