Start by marking “The Zombie Night Before Christmas” as Want to Read:
The Zombie Night Before Christmas

The Zombie Night Before Christmas

3.9  ·  Rating details ·  88 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
Why worry about the Grinch when you've got ZOMBIES on the attack Their prey? America's best-loved Christmas poem. Get ready to have a holly jolly zombie holiday with this monstrously funny mash-up that subverts all that tiresomely good Christmas cheer. Clement C. Moore's verses are tweaked and twisted, turning a once-cozy fireside read-aloud on its (now brainless) head. To ...more
Published September 21st 2010 by Cider Mill Press (first published August 31st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Zombie Night Before Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Zombie Night Before Christmas

Lexie
Oct 13, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: review-blog-pr
Honestly this is just a riot. I wouldn't suggest you read this to the kids in lieu of the original story--unless your kids have an extraordinarily mature mindset that seeing Santa's reindeer ripped to shreds won't bother--but for the older set and horror fans this may do the trick. Kelley's clever substitutions flow well for the most part, but occasionally will falter. Its only to be expected, to keep the 'spirit' of the original certain phrases have to be in there, but they sound out of place g ...more
Madeline
Dec 24, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Relatively clever! Some really fantastic lines (my favorite being "When out on the lawn there arose such a clatter, I sprang from the dead to see what was the matter."), but there were a few that didn't make much sense. Like they couldn't think of a good enough line so instead they just changed a few words around and hoped for the best.

The style of the pictures were a little odd, but were so gory and gross and fun!! A disgustingly good read. ;)
Jared Scallions
Feb 11, 2013 rated it liked it
Zombies have been exploited in all forms of media lately, but I do love them. An old Christmas classic re-written to be about zombies is not really that clever and the artwork could have been better. It took all of ten minutes to read. So I can't complain too much. As dumb as I think it is, I still found it to be kind of fun.
Kirsten
Nov 02, 2010 rated it it was ok
Shelves: non-fiction
Awesome book. Usually at the Christmas Eve party I'm the one to read "The Night Before Christmas" but maybe this year I'll spice things up and give the kiddies a real brain-munching treat!
Jodie
Nov 09, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this one, it was quirky and the illustrations were pretty cool. I love when someone does a twist on a classic and adding zombies to a classic generally makes it epic! Happy Holidays.
Dana Wright
Nov 30, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: zombies, christmas
This book was decidedly gory, but hey, it's a zombie Christmas story! A great twist on an old classic.
Annamarie
Dec 17, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
This is one the the best Christmas books I have ever read! The illustrations are very well done and the story is fun to read.
melissa
Nov 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
A frighteningly cute read. I've definitely envisioned zombie attacks upon those wanting to start preparing for Xmess prior to Halloween even being over.
Mel
Dec 16, 2015
Brian
Dec 16, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: horror, holiday
I guess it was only a matter of time before someone did this.
Amanda
Dec 31, 2011
Taryn
Mar 08, 2013
Kenneth
rated it did not like it
Oct 04, 2010