Start by marking “Flightless Goose” as Want to Read:
Flightless Goose

Flightless Goose

To ask other readers questions about Flightless Goose, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Flightless Goose

Funsmart
Jul 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: young-children-s
Truly heartwarming story about goose named Gilbert, who learned to live with a terrible injury, even though it made him different. With the help of his friend Charlie, a little boy that is also physically impaired, he becomes the biggest hero of all. I think this uplifting story has all a children's book needs. The copy I have came with a CD, where the story really comes to life, with the perfect readers and vivid sound effects. My younger cousins kept begging me to play it again so they could ...more
Tony Perzow
Jul 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Gilbert is different, and that’s what makes Flightless Goose great

I love storybooks that use real art done by hand instead of computer animated images. Flightless Goose has beautiful watercolor paintings to illustrate a nice story. My kids loved following Gilbert’s life story, and I loved that it had a good message without being too preachy. As his friends said in the end of the book, “Horray for Gilbert!”
Mymcbooks
Aug 09, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Flightless Goose is a children’s book written by Eric D. Goodman and beautifully illustrated by Nataliya A. Goodman. Flightless Goose is based on a real goose which lived on a lake in Columbus, Ohio.

Gilbert the goose loves to play with the other geese and even made friends with Johnny who always brought the freshest bread for the geese. While playing one day with his friends, he was hit by a car and was told by Dr Fouler the goose that he would no longer be able to fly.

Due to Gilbert’s accident
Jul 26, 2011 rated it really liked it
Good children's book!
Kristin Groulx
Nov 21, 2013
Anika Titly
Mar 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great Story Teaches about Bullying, Disability, Tolerance

Children’s books can be a lot of fun and teach lessons at the same time. Flightless Goose does just that. From one point of view, it’s only a fun story about a goose who gets injured and can’t fly. From another, it teaches lessons (between the lines) about bullying, disability, being different, diversity, and more. It’s kind of like the Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer story, only with geese. And the illustrations, done in watercolors, are b
Zakir Hasan