Start by marking “The Art of Standing Still” as Want to Read:
The Art of Standing Still

The Art of Standing Still

2.98  ·  Rating details ·  44 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
When the town of Monksford revives the tradition of medieval religious plays, reporter Jemma Durham takes a role to cover the experience for the Monksford Gazette. But the real story unfolds behind the scenes---a forbidden kiss, bribery, and tragedy! Jemma holds the power to destroy lives and advance her career, but at what cost?
Published January 28th 2007 by Zondervan Publishing Company

To ask other readers questions about The Art of Standing Still, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Art of Standing Still

Jerry
Feb 26, 2017 rated it did not like it
YUCK! One of the worst novels I've read in quite a while. Even a British setting and a focus on theater couldn't save this one. No matter how much you like Christian fiction, don't bother with this one. If I ever see this book at a garage sale, I might buy it just so I can throw it into my recycling bin (kidding, of course, but you get my drift).
Apr 21, 2008 rated it really liked it
I thought this book was really great. There's sort of a twist at the end that I didn't even see coming. It begs for a sequel...I would love to know what happens to Ruth and Jemma after all this!
Arava
Aug 02, 2014 rated it it was ok
Sara Diane
Aug 09, 2008 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: no one
Recommended to Sara Diane by: Mary Pollard
Shelves: 2008, reviewed
Oh. My. Goodness. I didn't think it would ever be this bad. I mean, I knew this wasn't going to be stellar, but the writing was so very very bad. The author decided to dabble in an area that she has no apparent knowledge of (theater) and then crafted this poor story about a journalist (who is not a Christian) getting involved with this play and trying to seduce the guy playing Jesus. And then there is this vicar (who is a woman, which I have some issues with) and she is falling in love with a ma ...more
Jean Paul
Oct 03, 2010 rated it really liked it
A really engrossing story with unexpected plot twists, credible characters set against the background of the Mystery plays. Profound and funny, I really liked this book and it held my intrest on every page.
Sary Fairchild
Sep 20, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Kelli!!!
AAAGH!!! Kelli...this is the author of the Theodora books and she wrote another one! I bought it yesterday and will save it for you!
Aimee
Nov 28, 2011 rated it liked it
Not bad. Kind of slow, but interesting.
Jessica
Anglophiles will enjoy this mildly suspenseful Christian fiction set in modern day Britain with two very different yet strong female leads. I will look for more books by this author.
Abby Dilling