Start by marking “Second Form at St. Clare's (St. Clare's, #4)” as Want to Read:
Second Form at St. Clare's (St. Clare's, #4)

Second Form at St. Clare's (St. Clare's #4)

3.97  ·  Rating details ·  4,129 Ratings  ·  66 Reviews
The first term of the second form turns out to be an eventful one, with new girls Gladys and Mirabel revealing unsuspected talents for acting and music, while Elsie, the form's unpopular Head Girl, learns to be less spiteful.
Published June 14th 1973 by Methuen Publishing Ltd (first published 1941)

To ask other readers questions about Second Form at St. Clare's, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Second Form at St. Clare's

Redfox5
Aug 23, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, children, england
I used to love Enid Blyton when I was younger, never read anything from the St. Clare's series. Mainly I used to read 'The Faraway Tree' books over and over again.

This book is full of Blyton's typical charm, when did we stop using the word brick as a complement? I might try and bring it back. And also contains one of her famous food scenes. Ginger beer anyone? Not to sure about the sardines though. Can't picture kids getting excited about sardines nowadays.

It makes Boarding school sound like
Ahmad Sharabiani
Second Form at St Clare's (St Clare's, #4), Enid Blyton
عنوان: دومی ها در سنت کلر جلد 4؛ نویسنده: انید بلایتون؛ مترجم: ایلونا جودمردی؛ مشخصات نشر: تهران، شهر کتاب، هرمس (کیمیا)، 1386، در 209 ص، اندازه 20 در 11 س.م.، شابک: 9789643633738؛ جلد 4 از مجموعه سنت کلر
Sonja
Aug 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
Die Ferien sind vorbei, und Hanni und Nanni sind nun endlich in der achten Klasse! Was wird das neue Schuljahr bringen? Zunächst gibt es wieder neue Mitschülerinnen und auch eine neue Lehrerin. Wie sind die neuen Klassenkameradinnen; werden sie sich in die Gemeinschaft integrieren können? Eines steht fest; Langeweile gibt es auch im neuen Schuljahr nicht!

Mein Leseeindruck:

Von Zeit zu Zeit muss ich einfach einen "Hanni und Nanni"- Band lesen! Die Bücher gehören zu meiner Kindheit und bedeuten m
Beth Stewart
Apr 30, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love the 2nd Form at St Clare's, I think that the tricks and midnight feasts are brilliant! I especially love the part where Elsie decides to sneak on the girls the day of the feast, so, they change the night of the feast and still creep and hide the day Elsie sneaks on them. When she goes to tell their form mistress, Miss Jenks, the girls sneak back into their beds so that Elsie will get into trouble for sbneaking AND lying. I also love Mirabel and Gladys, the new girls. My heart goes out to ...more
Maryam
Feb 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Tammie
Aug 15, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I never normally write reviews for books and I don't think anyone will actually see this but I want to document my thoughts as I wrote no notes throughout reading.

Enid Blyton is one of my all time favourite authors and I think she truly knows how to write a magnificent story about truly enticing characters and plots. My favourite novels by her have always been her stories about the boarding schools.

The entirety of her Malory Towers books are truly wonderful but I had personally never read the S
Sally
I read Malory Towers first, where there were six books - one for each year - so it always mildly irked me that St. Clare's six didn't follow the same pattern. I mean this is book four, and we've only just now reached form two! Worse still though, that the LAST one was only in form FIVE - thank goodness for Pamela Cox, I say!

Similar to In the Fifth at Malory Towers, two girls from the form above have been left back and since they're older than our gang of new second formers, they're made joint he
Limau Nipis
Apr 21, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012-reads, children
I particularly like this book better, what with the introduction of new girls and they are fast becoming best friends, Mirabel and Gladys.

And dear lazy Anna, who was choosen as the second former head has proven that she is a responsible and most sensible person.

As for Alison, it seemed by the end of the book, she had matured. Between all the teachers, I still love Mam'zelle the best, because bless her heart, she even can laughed at her own self.

The best part of the book is of course Carlotta's m
Neti Triwinanti
Yang menarik dari enid blyton adalah konsistensinya dalam menanamkan value yang kurang lebih sama pada buku bukunya. Kita akan sering menemukan pola yang mirip di beberapa buku, tetapi entah kenapa saya tidak terganggu dengan hal ini. Justru merasa selalu diingatkan untuk menjadi anak baik.
Di buku ini seringkali disebutkan mengenai "ketabahan hati" (untuk menghadapi kesulitan, untuk memperbaiki diri, dll). the idea of having "ketabahan" hati really inspires me. seriously.
Karthik
Nov 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is my favorite book in the series - how many every times I read this book, i never seem to tire of reading out. Of course, I am currently reading it after a gap of 14 years. But used to read it over and over during my childhood and college days. The evolving relationship between the two new girls Mirabel and Gladys is really interesting. Somehow stories of schools friendhsips always seemed to have a great appeal to me. But I never extrapolated this to adult reationship novels, which I have ...more
Ophélie
Jul 16, 2007 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Young Readers (maybe girls)
THis book is one of the best books I read when I'd only just started to read independantly. All the way through the book you fell as is you are in the story. It is all so well described and the story has a problem that needs to be solved ( so do all the St Clare's books) but the methods they use are very realistic and mostly makes you want to go to boarding school!! Recomended of course!
Kirsty (overflowing library)
Loved this
Julie
Jun 03, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-to-the-kids
The favourite in the series so far as voted by myself and my daughter (to whom it was read)!
Grace Shihouin-rijoly
Buku bagus begini harusnya jadi bacaan wajib pelajaran bahasa di sekolah menengah. Menjadi peredaman sekaligus pembelajaran ditengah jaman penuh gadget.

Banyak nilai-nilai yang tertuang, terutama untuk pergaulan remaja saat ini. Menjelaskan tentang nilai-nilai yang mulai luntur dengan membaca.
Naman
Jun 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A really interesting book must say really amiable .......must read
Sinta Nisfuanna
Dec 17, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dunia-anak
“Kalian jadi berpesta rupanya? Kapan? Kata Elsie.

“Sewaktu kami diculik,” kata Carlotta dengan serius. “Aduh Elsie ----Kejadian itu tegang sekali! Tahu-tahu ada orang datang malam-malam---lalu kami semua diculik olehnya---tapi kemudian kami menawarkan sepotong kue tart ulang tahun, dan para penculik begitu senang memakannya, sehingga kami dibebaskan kembali!”
[hal 209:]

Keisengan Carlotta kumat ketika menghadapi Elsie yang sebelumnya ingin merusak pesta ulang tahun Carlotta, yang diadakan pada ten
Sandra
Nov 03, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kinderbuch
Meine Meinung
Wir tauchen ab in eine Geschichte mit den Zwillingen Hanni und Nanni.
Die Sommerferien sind vorbei und Hanni und Nanni müssen wieder zurück ins Internat Lindenhof. Es gibt viele neue Gesichter z.B. Else und Anne, die das Schuljahr wiederholen müssen, Carla, die von allen das Unglücks-Mädchen genannt wird oder Marianne, die es sich selbst und den andren Mädchen anfangs nicht leicht macht. Zudem steht der bunte Abend und eine grandiose Geburtstagsfeier an, für die noch viele Vorberei
Tita
Mar 16, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: juvenis, livros-2009
Neste 4º livro, as gémeas voltam ao colégio para o seu 2º ano.
Na turma do 2º ano, existem duas repetentes, Ana e Elsa, que são totalmente o oposto uma da outra. Ana é preguiçosa e Elsa é uma pessoa maldosa e vingativa, no entanto são as duas escolhidas para serem as duas chefes de turma. Como será que as alunas que vêm do 1º ano vão reagir às duas chefes de turma?
Temos ainda duas novas alunas no colégio e na turma: Gladys e Mirabel. Gladys é apelidada por “Miss Tristeza”, pois além de muito cala
Haniva Az Zahra
hmm. akhirnya Pat dan Isabel naik ke kelas 2. setelah kurang lebih empat semester. di kelas dua ini, ada dua orang siswa yang tinggal kelas sehingga mereka menjadi ketua kelas. menarik, bahwa sistem demokrasi di St. Clare membuat satu orang ketua kelas 'dipecat' karena dianggap tidak mampu menjadi seorang teladan. selain itu, diajarkan juga dibuku ini kalau kita tidak boleh memiliki sifat culas dan iri. menarik sekali, pelajaran -pelajaran sederhana tentang kebaikan budi pekerti merupakan hal ya ...more
an
senang rasa na menghabiskan 1 semester bersama anak-anak kelas 2 di st.clare's. di sini kita belajar bersama tentang berani mengakui kesalahan dan memaafkan. berani mengemukanan pendapat dan menerima imbalan yang sapadan dan menunjukkan bakat serta kemampuan yang kita punya. pada dasar na setiap orang diciptakan dengan kelebihan na masing-masing. senang na punya teman-teman yang selalu ada buat ngedampingi kita :)

-44 '12-
Erni
Nov 01, 2007 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: juvenile
I read Enyd Blyton when I was still in my tender years.I read Lima Sekawan (Famous Five). It made me dream about adventures and foods *chuckles* (All the foods sounds extreamly delicious.
I found this book months ago and delighted to see Enyd Blyton on the cover. It brought back my childhood memory but I miss the detective-thrill in this book. But all and all it's a nice juvenile book.
Catherine Ryan
Jan 23, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is another "3 in 1" Kindle book. Blyton only wrote the original six St Clare's book, but another writer, Pamela Cox, wrote some too. In this collection, "The Second Form at St Clare's" is the only one by Blyton. Cox wrote "Third Form at St Clare's" and "Kitty at St Clare's". Cox does an excellent job of writing like Blyton
Lady Entropy
Jan 08, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Continuing my binge reading of the books of my youth, I'm still finding myself smiling and devouring these books. Sure, I sorta outgrew them. Sure, there really is no plot, just some events and slice of life things, but still, I enjoy myself terribly reading this and I have no regrets about revisiting child-oriented books.
Katie Grainger
As the St Clare's books continued they became less about the Twins and more about the other girls. The Second Form at St Clare's was no different. They become about new girls, pranks etc. There is usually at least one spiteful girl who mends her ways and this is the case here again. An interesting book but probably one of the more forgettable of the series.
Ruthy
Aug 29, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: myown, teenage-years
Foi uma colecção que li completa e seguidinha! Não foi maçadora nem fui perdendo o interesse...aconselho a adolescentes pois embora os tempos sejam outros há sempre alguns temas em comum na adolescência de todos nós!
Carina
Nov 14, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this book because of the setting, and the funny characters. This book is hilarious, and suspenseful, and is part of one of the best series ever. I highly recommend this book to anyone, but only after reading the other books before it.
Burgundy Rose
Jun 18, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thoroughly enjoyed this. I'm starting to get used to Blyton's writing and characterization and this is one of her best books - wonderful midnight feast, a play, and a great camaraderie between the girls. I'm really looking forward to reading the other books, she's got me quite hooked!
Karen
Mar 22, 2013 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
We were reading this. My daughter and I. We tidied said daughter's room. We lost it. C'est la vie. We are now reading The Hobbit instead. It is hardback and about 10 inches tall. We hope not to lose it...
Stacey (prettybooks)
Re-reading St Clare's

This is the fourth book of the St Clare's series and it is much like the others: midnight feasts, lessons, concerts, mean girls, and sports (lacrosse and tennis)!
Shnkhriyahoo.com
I think the way they picked Elsie as head girl helped the story come out well.These books changed my mind about boarding school. I used to think it would be tough and staying far from home would be depressing.But boarding school might just be fun after all.
  • The Third Form at St. Clare's (St. Clare's, #7)
  • Jo of the Chalet School (The Chalet School, #2)
  • Well Done, The Naughtiest Girl! (The Naughtiest Girl, #8)
  • Jennings Goes To School
  • Lima Sekawan: Patung Dewa Aneh
  • A Bad Spell for the Worst Witch (Worst Witch, #3)
(See also her pen name Mary Pollock)

Born in 1897 in South London, Enid Mary Blyton was the eldest of three children, and showed an early interest in music and reading. She was educated at St. Christopher's School, Beckenham, and - having decided not to pursue her music - at Ipswich High School, where she trained as a kindergarten teacher. She taught for five years before her 1924 marriage to edito
More about Enid Blyton...

St. Clare's (6 books)
  • The Twins at St Clare's (St Clare's, #1)
  • The O'Sullivan Twins (St. Clare's, #2)
  • Summer Term at St Clare's (St. Clare's, #3)
  • Claudine at St Clare's (St. Clare's, #5)
  • Fifth Formers of St Clare's (St. Clare's, #6)