Start by marking “Dare to Drop the Pose: Ten Things Christians Think but Are Afraid to Say” as Want to Read:
Dare to Drop the Pose: Ten Things Christians Think but Are Afraid to Say

Dare to Drop the Pose: Ten Things Christians Think but Are Afraid to Say

Is the REAL you getting lost because the FAKE you is just so annoyingly impressive?

“Stepping onto the platform to preach that morning, I admitted to myself that I was not a pastor first, but a regular, scared, insecure, everyday guy whose life had been changed by Jesus. And if Jesus really loved me as I was (I knew He did), then why should I go on trying to be someone I

Published August 10th 2010 by Multnomah

To ask other readers questions about Dare to Drop the Pose, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dare to Drop the Pose

Start your review of Dare to Drop the Pose: Ten Things Christians Think but Are Afraid to Say
James Yaklin
Dec 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
I don't know how to review this book. I can say that what I appreciate most is the honesty that the reader receives. Honesty from a minister/pastor. I think a lot of times we tend to think of pastors/preachers/ministers as perfect, righteous people. Craig Groeschel writes openly that he is just as human as all the rest of us and that he falls far short of God's righteousness daily - just like the rest of us.

Each chapter deals with a more and more difficult "pose" or facade that Christians layer
J.D.
Oct 24, 2010 rated it liked it
Impressively honest.

I think this is a very important book for many people, pastors and laymen alike. It is especially significant coming from a pastor of such a large church who I'd assume has intense pressure of putting up a front. What we receive in this, however, is the gift to be human and not mindless robots that interact with each other. This is not a book to come to if you're trying to understand what the Bible says about the topic of being real or anything like that. To be honest, there
Chris
Nov 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christianity
Craig Groeschel's book is refreshing in it's honesty. This book is intended for Christian leaders who are tempted to project themselves as immaculate, but are privately aware of their own weakness, vulnerability, and need for growth.

I love Craig's honest and autobiographical stories about his own struggles with insecurity, worry, fear of failure, struggles with prayer and purity, and his struggles loving the other Christians around him! Sprinkled in between personal stories are some very good te
Angela
Dec 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was totally impressed by the candor that Groeschel employs throughout this book. But I think most Christians would agree with the premises that he makes -- he;s just the only one who's brave enough to say them out loud. Not only does he share his stuggles, but he goes into the ways that God has worked/is working with him to manage his feelings. I was impressed and inspired.
Angela Wimberly
Dec 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book. It was so refreshing to see that even pastors have some of the same feelings that laypeople do. I'm sure that it took a lot of courage for Groeschel to share some of his deepest thoughts, but I applaud him for it. Not only did he share things that he was ashamed to say out loud, but he also shared the ways that God is helping him work through them. I learned a lot.
Michael Klett
Oct 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a great book with great life lessons. I need to drop the pose like Craig did. You might need to drop the pose, too. I recommend this book for everyone.
ISH
May 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Very honest and challenging. Lots of humour helps to convey the message even better.
Steve Schoonover
Admit who you are

Craig Groeschel has given us another great tool for making the power of God's love work in our lives to serve out His purpose trusting and depending on Him.
Doug
Originally Called confession of a pastor Craig Groschel loosely touches on many things that leaders struggle with. If you want to be challenged and open up in growing with your walk and desire not to "fake it" when it comes to how you lead, this book is for you.

I would recommend for anyone in leadership positions. It is written from a pastors perspective, but is applicable to anyone who desire to develop themselves.

This was read in my bible study and discussed in a group. There are questions i
Zachary Wiley
Jan 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: christian-living
In today's churches, so many Christians think that they have to present themselves as a "perfect product" to their peers. Craig Groeschel leads by example as he drops the pose and lets his flawed and "under renovation" self show. He shares funny and relatable experiences that make you realize...I am not alone. He also gives practical steps that illuminates truth from God's Word. The overarching theme of this book to is encourage you to embrace authenticity and let the people in your life love yo ...more
Trent Gillespie
Sep 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A great look at hypocritical Christians, written by a Christian Pastor. He really doesn't like praying. Neither do I. I have ADD praying that goes off on tangents. He struggles to be a good Christian, as do we all (who are Christians). Insightful, honest and with good strategies to try to make yourself a better Christian, not the perfect Christian, just better. A wonderful read for a Christian like me.
Kent Brindley
May 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A great read and beautiful, personal reminder for those of us struggling to retain our Christian identities.
Emil Bredahl
Jul 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Just super
Lexxie
Oct 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: spirituality
Funny. Honest. Helpful. Loving. Insightful. Awesome.
Jon
Nov 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Groeschel is right in my wheel house. He seems to be right in my head!
Regina
Nov 01, 2011 rated it really liked it
I really like this book. The only thing I don't like is that in Weird (his new book) he puts quite a bit of the same stories in it.
Mandy Eaddy
Nov 16, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Sink 'Em All: Submarine Warfare in the Pacific
  • The Operators: On The Street with Britain's Most Secret Service
  • Didn't See It Coming: Overcoming the Seven Greatest Challenges That No One Expects and Everyone Experiences
  • A Gentle Thunder: Hearing God Through the Storm
  • Caribbean Kill (The Executioner, #10)
  • Stories We Never Told
  • Bouton: The Life of a Baseball Original
  • A Terrible Beauty (Katie Maguire, #1)
  • Invisible Girl
  • The Book of Two Ways
  • Combat Shooting with Massad Ayoob
  • With the Old Breed: At Peleliu and Okinawa
  • All Things New: Heaven, Earth, and the Restoration of Everything You Love
Craig Groeschel is the founding and senior pastor of Life.Church, a multisite church with attenders at locations around the United States and globally at Life.Church Online.

Craig and Amy started Life.Church in a two-car garage in Edmond, Oklahoma in January 1996. While Life.Church has grown over the years, its mission remains the same: to lead people to become fully devoted followers of Christ.

News & Interviews

“From the outside, everything looked good. But God doesn't look at the outside.” 2 likes
“Be who God called you to be. Live for the an audience of ONE.” 2 likes