Start by marking “Kisses for Lula” as Want to Read:
Kisses for Lula

Kisses for Lula

Lula Bird is gorgeous, funny and dreading her birthday because you can't turn 16 if you've never been kissed . . . so why does every boy in Hambledon run a mile the second she bats her eyelids? The fact is, they fear for their lives. Rumour has it Lula's been jinxed! And it's not as if that's her only problem: Lula thinks she has a stalker, her dad keeps sneaking out at ni ...more
Published June 6th 2011 by Egmont (first published June 4th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Kisses for Lula, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kisses for Lula

Start your review of Kisses for Lula
Bee
Mar 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This remains to be one of the cutest and funniest contemporaries I've ever read! And it's so well crafted, like, SO MUCH is going on, it's unbelievable! It's the first time I've done a re-read of it in ages, and I found myself remembering the next step as I was going along, but some of the one-liners were A++ perfect and I'd totally forgotten about them. Straight on to book two!

For me, this was 'Anna and the French Kiss' before 'Anna and the French Kiss'
Waverly Nyx
Jul 28, 2017 rated it did not like it
Obviously not the best read for me, but regardless I FINISHED THE CHEESY CONTEMPORARY ROMANCEY CRAP THAT I HATE.
Everyone should be proud of me.
Booktube-a-thon book 6. Read a book about a character completely different to you - FLIPPING CHECK.
Nina
May 27, 2010 rated it really liked it
When a package arrived at my house, imagine my surprise when I saw that this sweet book was in it. I haven’t heard anything about it, but one look at that adorable, pink cover I knew it was right for me. Okay, so pink is not my favourite colour, but it still shouts sweetness to me!

Lula Bird is fifteen year old and has mayor problems that she needs to solve before she turns sixteen. The girl has never been kissed, oh my, thinks someone is stalking her, what about that imagination and there’s some
Ariel
Mar 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was such a cute and fluffy read! I have been in a slump recently, and this was the perfect book to get me reading again!

Kisses for Lula reads like a middle grade novel more than YA, but that was totally okay with me! The characters are funny, the pot was interesting (and a little out there in the best way possible) and I can't wait to read more of Lula's adventures!

Happy reading!
Zee Monodee
Apr 13, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: contemporary, ya
Cute, even though this 15-year-old sounded too much like a kid at times - I often wondered if I had misread the genre and was instead reading middle grade instead of YA here.
Emma
Mar 13, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: guest-reviews
Review by Beth

It’s been a long time since I’ve read anything in the vein of Kisses for Lula by Samantha Mackintosh but I jumped at the chance to guest review for Emma and am pleased to say my first review book didn’t disappoint.

Kisses for Lula is told from the point of view of sixteen year old Tallulah Bird daughter of esteemed poet and songwriter Spenser Bird and historical librarian Dr. Ann Bird. Tallulah AKA Lula, Lu and even Tatty for some undisclosed but seemingly embarrassing reason has a
Becky
Sep 25, 2011 rated it really liked it
I had never heard of this book before. In fact it was seeing book 2 'Lula Does The Hula' in the library that got me interested. I never read a series out of order so I had to request this one to read before I could read book 2.
Lula is almost 16 but has never been kissed, she sets off on a mission to get her first kiss before she turns 16. She has more to worry about than that though, important documents relating to a building preservation have been stolen from her mum's office at the library, an
Lenore Kosinski
3.5 stars.

Almost didn't continue reading it -- the very beginning had me wondering what kind of book this was....seemed more childish than what I was expecting, and the dialogue left me very confused. So glad I persevered b/c it really got much better. Learning that it was based in Britain helped with the colloquealisms (I know I spelled that wrong, too lazy to look it up). In the end I enjoyed the book, but something still didn't suck me in enough to continue on with the Lula books. *shrugs*
Caryn Zdan
Oct 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I read this book because I had seen somewhere that It was similar to the Louise rennison books and I knew I loved that series. Well I loved this book too! I had no idea who was stalking lula and was surprised by the ending. Although they never did explain the purse her dad carries very well. There were a lot of parts I laughed out loud at and can't wait to read lulas next adventure!
Livie
May 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This book is sooo funny! Okay,so lulas b-day is in 5 days. Shes turning 16 and shes NEVER BEEN KISSED! I know shocker but rumor has it that shes jinxed! They were just random coincedences but with a witchy grandma people tend to just asume things! Join Lula on this wild ride as she tries to get kissed and might just find LOVE in the process! I loved this book so much!
Anita
Nov 28, 2011 rated it really liked it
The premise is a bit silly, but I remember being that age and caring about stupid things. The first third of the book was slow, and the ending was obvious, but then it picked up and I didn't mind already knowing what was going to happen, because it was pretty fun getting there.
Jodie
Apr 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I really, really loved this book. As a teen girl felt I could really relate to Lula in some aspects of the book. Lula is a really good character and is very humorous. I didn't guess the ending before I read it, which is a good thing. The suspense and action had me on the end of my seat.
Alanahlovesbooks
Jul 10, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This book was one of the best books I have read and it wad like "wow i did not think that was going to happen" but it did and I wish there was another book after this I would defiantly go and buy the next boom if there was one.
Lynda
Jul 27, 2012 added it
Shelves: recently-read
I got this free for my Kindle and think it is fun so far, but I like YA books. I got a little lost in some of the British slang at first, but the feelings ring true. Likable protagonist, fun premise, interesting characters and relationships.
Heather
Shelves: kindle
A fun and easy read :)
NOKWANDA KWITSHANA
Jul 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this romcom.
Bobbye Hudspeth
Jan 07, 2012 rated it liked it
So shoot me. Sometimes when things are snowballing around me I revert to reading YA books. And this one was a pretty good one.
Aurelia Rowl
A fun quirky read with likable leading characters. Easy to read and hard to put down!
Kendra
Jan 08, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: favorites
A little cheesy but I like cheesy once in a while :)
Sophie
May 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: owned-books
the story's lovely! I liked it a lot! a great read on a Sunday afternoon while you're lounging around for a couple of hours.
Robyn
Jul 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Amzing !!!! got my stuck into it at the very first page.It was hilarious, funny and made me smile. This is a book I would DENFINITELY recomend
25tessj
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Issa
Feb 04, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: young-adult
Cute YA story with some unbelievable points, but I enjoyed reading it.
Dania
Aug 14, 2013 rated it liked it
I remember reading this about 2 years ago and I lost my copy!!!! NOOOO! But i still remember that i did enjoy this light and fun read! I would give this 3.5 stars tbh but I cant sooo...
Duuu
Jun 27, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: owned, funny-reads, fun
*3.5*
crazy
May 04, 2012 added it
it was amasing cant wait to read the sequel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jul 02, 2011 rated it did not like it
Shelves: ya-meh
I thought this would be something like the Confessions of Georgia Nicolson or Mates, Dates series'. It wasn't.
Jenni
Aug 19, 2012 rated it it was ok
Not very keen on this one, found it hard going and at times frustrating.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• The Secret Diary of Adrian Mole, Aged 13 3/4  (Adrian Mole, #1)
  • A Good Girl's Guide to Murder (A Good Girl's Guide to Murder, #1)
  • Tales from a Not-So-Smart Miss Know-It-All (Dork Diaries, #5)
  • Twelve (The Winnie Years, #3)
  • Gangsta Granny
  • Tales from a Not-So-Graceful Ice Princess (Dork Diaries, #4)
  • More Than This
  • Only You: Escape This Summer with the Most Anticipated Romance of the Year
  • The Love Story of Missy Carmichael
  • Queenie Malone's Paradise Hotel
  • Composition of a Woman
  • Angus, Thongs and Full-Frontal Snogging (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #1)
  • Stop in the Name of Pants! (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #9)
  • Knocked Out by My Nunga-Nungas (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #3)
  • Love Is a Many Trousered Thing (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #8)
  • On the Bright Side, I'm Now the Girlfriend of a Sex God (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #2)
  • Ruth Robinson's Year of Miracles