Start by marking “ダーリンは外国人 in English / My Darling is a Foreigner” as Want to Read:
ダーリンは外国人 in English / My Darling is a Foreigner

ダーリンは外国人 in English / My Darling is a Foreigner

(ダーリンは外国人 #1 bilingual version)

日本語・英語バイリンガル版
Japanese and English bilingual edition
バイリンガル版 / bilingual edition, 168 pages
Published 2010 by メディアファクトリー [Mediafakutorī]

Be the first to ask a question about ダーリンは外国人 in English / My Darling is a Foreigner

mahatmanto
Nov 01, 2010 rated it really liked it
hehe...
minjem buku lucu punya kobayashi-san.
buku yang ditulis oleh seorang perempuan pembuat manga [OGURI saori], mengenai hubungan multikultur di dalam keluarganya sendiri. dia dengan suaminya yang asal hungaria, besar di amerika [tony LASZLO] dan menikah dengan perempuan jepang.

yang dijadikan arena bercerita adalah keluarganya sendiri, namun dari sini tersangkut pula nilai-nilai yang dianut di lingkup keluarga, kantor, sekolah, dan masyarakat yang lebih luas.

karena ditulis dalam jarak dekat ma
GONZA
May 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: posseduto
I really had so much fun reading it and I also learned some other new words in Japanese!

Mi sono veramente divertita a leggerlo e ho anche imparato qualche altra nuova parola in Giapponese!

私はそれを読むのをとても楽しんでいたし、日本語で他の新しい単語も学びました!
Elin Nilsson
Jul 17, 2017 rated it liked it
Way before I picked up this book I had seen the movie, and I really liked it, so when I found this book I immediately bought it. I have never lived in Japan long enough to recognise all of the situations depicted in the book, but there's definitely some recognition and it made me laugh several times. It's nice that it's both in Japanese and English, because my kanji-reading has deteriorated terribly so when I couldn't make sense of something the English was there to back me up.
Miki Akasako
Mar 06, 2012 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Anyone with a background of Japan
Recommended to Miki by: Mari Akasako
alana
This "in English" version of My Darling is a Foreigner functions as a text for learning English while bringing up cultural clashes that arise with international couples in Japan. Though you can easily enjoy the manga for the multicultural relationship alone, it could also be a fun teaching tool for those teaching English in Japan. The inclusion of a Japanese translation for all dialogue as well as the language tips means that you can work on your Japanese with this text, too!

As half of an inter
LilithEmm
This is a great read; fun, yet very informative. While eminently worth reading for anyone interested in intercultural marriage, differences between Japanese and American culture, or as an amusing commentary on making relationships work, I would particularly recommend this book for students of Japanese language and culture. It's great to read both the Japanese and English, noting the differences in translation, and it's full of good information on Japan. That said, this is a hilarious book and ca ...more
Eriko
Aug 24, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2011
As someone who is fluent in both I found having both languages present to be...distracting. I had read the original Japanese version before and I loved it. I bought this and the sequels to it on our last trip so I wanted to re-read the first one but I couldn't find it. So I read this one instead though it was really meant for hubby.
Charlotte
Oct 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novel
I really like this book. As a foreigner living in Japan, I felt like it clicked with me on a different level. I totally understand where the husband was coming from. This comic is VERY funny and a quick read. I was laughing the entire time I was reading it.
Janelle