Start by marking “Skunk: A Love Story” as Want to Read:
Skunk: A Love Story

Skunk: A Love Story

This novel tells of a young man's attraction and ultimate addiction to skunk musk, and the social difficulties he encounters as a result. He longs to find an isolated utopia where he can experience his addiction in peace, but he is thwarted by all, including a young woman who understands his skunk fetish because she has a fish fetish.
Published June 1st 2007 by Omnidawn Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Skunk, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Skunk

Elevate Difference
Feb 16, 2009 rated it it was amazing
I've never considered myself a squeamish person. I can watch surgery shows on the Discovery Health channel and tend to roll my eyes at all but the most ghastly gross-out email video forwards. However, I seem to have met my match with the contents of Justin Courter's skunk-musk-milker-meets-fish-fetishist (yes, really) romance novel, Skunk: A Love Story. But wait! Don't run away yet! Thanks to its sharp turns of phrase, dark humor, and the wry, twisted observations of characters who could give Je ...more
Andy
Jan 31, 2010 rated it it was ok
The idea of a guy loving skunk stink because it recalls his dead mother's drunk odors was bizarrely touching, but once he falls in love with a wall-eyed fish freak (by Page 50) it all slides down the shitter. This one stank really fast. Too bad, so many great possibilities here.
Eldrid Lokson
Jul 13, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: did-not-finish, 2017
I started reading this last night. This is the weirdest, grossest, yet still manages to be entertaining. I adore skunks, hence that's why I ended up purchasing this at my on-going sale at the library. The premise is the main character loves skunk musk so much, he ends up capturing a skunk. He brings it home and runs around chasing it until Homer, what he named the skunk, sprays him.

It's a bit stomach-churning at times, but I'm still reading. The one thing that had me gagging was when he decides
Mollie
Aug 28, 2007 rated it it was ok
A man's journey through skunk musk addiction and not really back again. Yes, skunk musk. So what happens when you have some sociopathic tendencies and finally give in to one of your most prevailing urges? We find out in Skunk, and thankfully imbibing skunk musk, though a truly stomach turning premise, is more entertaining than someone hurting people, etc. His b'shert, not surprisingly, is a woman of a similar OCD/personality disorder character who is obsessed with fish. He smells skunky, she sme ...more
Alicia
Aug 21, 2009 rated it liked it
um, where to start...this book has been the most curious i think i've ever read. I gave it 3 stars becuz of the unusual nature of the storyline and the fact that you cannot predict anything in this book. Not even the ending. That said, if you are looking for an atypical novel, than this is your you. Be forewarned, if you are repulsed by skunks already, this takes it to another level.
Therese
Sep 04, 2008 rated it liked it
I cringed at times, thought I coudn't finish it, but it's like a train wreck tht you have to keeping looking at. Slightly addictive in a gross out way.
Thou Whomustbeanonimus
Nov 19, 2009 marked it as to-read
I need this book!
May 15, 2009 rated it really liked it
Skunk: A Love Story by Justin Courter (2007)
Kata szucs
Oct 05, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: olvastam
very goodbook
Loralie
Sep 29, 2015 rated it liked it
Humorous story about a man who gets addicted to skunk musk and how it affects his life. It was quite well written and I enjoyed the author's style.
Stephan Glietsch
Dec 16, 2009
Amy
Feb 05, 2009
louis ramrodder
rated it did not like it
Feb 15, 2010