Start by marking “Putting the one minute manager (r) to work” as Want to Read:
Putting the one minute manager (r) to work

Putting the one minute manager (r) to work (One Minute Manager)

3.89  ·  Rating details ·  590 Ratings  ·  37 Reviews
This phenomenal success program took the nation by storm, becoming a #1 "New York Times" bestseller and reaching beyond the business world to housewives, students, professionals--anyone who wanted to manage more effectively. Now this essential follow-up applies the secrets of One Minute Goal Setting, One Minute Praisings and One Minute Reprimands to Real-Life Situations
Published March 15th 1988 by Berkley Trade (first published January 1st 1960)

Debbie
Dec 26, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Read this as a follow-up to the 1st book in the series (because my library had both of them) and it was a great extension, laying out the steps for implementation. Love the way both of these books are written as allegories ... so readable.
Bartosz Majewski
Sep 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: business
Cool suplement to New one minute manager book. When i read the first part i felt that i needed something like that - now it's here.
Electra
Mar 23, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: business
Concise but basic, good addition to the one minute manager series
Reid
May 07, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: leaders, managers
Good 'how to' book on management.

Some good ideas I gleaned from the book:

"People who produce good results feel good about themselves."

One Minute Praisings: be specific, tell the person exactly what they did right.

When to deliver a One Minute Reprimand vs work on One Minute Goalsetting: when a person is unwilling -- OMR, when a person is unable -- OMG.

ABCs of Management:

A = Activators (What a manager does before performance,ex. OMG)
B = Behavior (Performance: what someone says or does, ex. WT or t
Kim
Sep 23, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: finished
I read this book only because I bought it as a package deal with The One Minute Manager. To summarize my review of The One Minute Manager, I thought the book might be helpful for anyone who has never managed people before, but it was really nothing life-changing for anyone who has managed others.

This book is considerably more useful to the experienced manager. I approached this book with a slightly closed mind; however, I actually plan to implement some of these strategies at my business. Overal
Aaron Raphael
Feb 22, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I suspect this book was written as a follow-up to the original book due to implementation issues faced in reality.

Basically, a typical performance management system was added on top of the basic principles of One Minute Management so that it can implemented practically in reality.

Nonetheless, as always with books in this series, it is a quick read and shows how this can be achieved in engaging story-telling format.
Jeffrey Fike
May 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: work
Great, easy to read story incorporating a ton of the better practical operations and administrative management concepts of the recent past. Building on The One Minute Manager, this book is an invaluable companion to the original, providing you subscribe to the theory or practice of One Minute Management.
Alissa
Mar 22, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Beth Dufraine
Dec 03, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: owned, 5-stars
I still have this book (almost the same dust cover image), but the ISBN is: 0-688-02632-X
The image I have is stored on my flickr account at:
Mohammed Agbawi
Jan 31, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: book-on-shelve

I'm thankful for this book. Since it adds three new techniques (goal, admiring and blaming ) for one min. It was for me the same technique of my previous boss (god blessing him) for admiring and blaming only.

Travelling Sunny
This was kind of hokie. There were one or two small aha moments, but nothing to really write home about. The information is still valid, but presented with some very dated attitudes. And, occasionally, I felt like I was reading an after-school special. Especially that whole Hank story.
DANIEL GHANIME
If you read the One Minute manager and you need a user's manual, this book can give you what you need, on the other hand you can make a presentation out of it related to the ways used to apply the One minute Manager.
Jacob
Jul 20, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A very necessary follow up to the one minute manager
Salam778
Aug 25, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great help at work
Gina
Jul 02, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is an excellent follow up to the One Minute Manager and real skills that you can put to use right away at work. It's a fast read and well worth the time.
Mitesh
As usual this was an extremely simple but tremendously effective. I listened to an audiobook at a 2X speed and every second on the 30 minutes was worth it.
Lynn
Aug 11, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it. Quick to read and useful.
Eldon Wilie
Sep 15, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Simple easy read.
Maha
Jul 03, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
a great guide to mesuering performance effectively; )
Jim
Sep 05, 2010 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
A good book as are all of Blanchard's books.
Shelley
Jan 21, 2012 rated it did not like it
Sooooo dreadful!
Cathy
Jan 07, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
OK...but overly wordy for the subject matter (like most of these types of books)
Robin
Jan 02, 2009 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shouldn't be hard to read, right? So why haven't you? Put it to work for you.
Jeff
Aug 24, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another excellent book in this series. I highly recommend all of them. I found the examples in this book very good and easy to apply.
Samantha Stanton
Was good
Dina
Mar 25, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thought this was a very useful book. It is a quick read and had some helpful tips.
Mohdalshawan alshawan
THE BOOK EXPALAINS HOW YOU CAN ACHIVE YOUR GOALS AT WORK AS SOON AS POSSIBLE
Ganesh
Jan 28, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
it's good for the people in management, the way of power and responsiblities delegation, the way to collect reports of job completed/ uncompleted are really learnable.
Matthew Forzan
Sep 08, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Builds off the first book talking less about the principles of "One Minute Managing" and talks more about how to apply them.

Great book that I would recommend re-visiting often/as-needed.
Art Sathoff
Pretty basic, pretty common sense, but I can see how these very common sense ideas are powerful when put into action. Some very good basic management advice here
  • Influence Without Authority
  • First Among Equals: How to Manage a Group of Professionals
  • How to Work for an Idiot: Survive & Thrive Without Killing Your Boss
  • Essential Manager's Manual (Financial Times (DK))
  • Managing With Power: Politics and Influence in Organizations
  • The Brand You 50 (Reinventing Work): Fifty Ways to Transform Yourself from an "Employee" into a Brand That Shouts Distinction, Commitment, and Passion!
  • The One Minute Sales Person: The Quickest Way to Sell People on Yourself, Your Services, Products, or Ideas--at Work and in Life
  • 100 Ways to Motivate Others: How Great Leaders Can Produce Insane Results Without Driving People Crazy
  • Management Challenges for the 21st Century
  • Monday Morning Leadership: 8 Mentoring Sessions You Can't Afford to Miss
  • Optimal Thinking: How to Be Your Best Self
  • The Magic of Conflict: Turning a Life of Work into a Work of Art
  • The 17 Indisputable Laws of Teamwork: Embrace Them and Empower Your Team
  • Busting Loose from the Money Game: Mind-Blowing Strategies for Changing the Rules of a Game You Can't Win
  • The Living Company
  • The 100 Simple Secrets of Successful People
  • Management of the Absurd
  • The Three Signs of a Miserable Job: A Management Fable About Helping Employees Find Fulfillment in Their Work
Ken Blanchard, one of the most influential leadership experts in the world, is the coauthor of the iconic bestseller, The One Minute Manager, and 60 other books whose combined sales total more than 21 million copies. His groundbreaking works have been translated into more than 27 languages and in 2005 he was inducted into Amazon’s Hall of Fame as one of the top 25 bestselling authors of all time.

K
More about Kenneth H. Blanchard...

One Minute Manager (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • The One Minute Manager
  • The One Minute Manager Meets the Monkey
  • Leadership and the One Minute Manager: Increasing Effectiveness Through Situational Leadership
  • The One Minute Manager Builds High Performing Teams
  • The New One Minute Manager
  • Talking with the One Minute Manager
  • The One Minute Manager Balances Work and Life
  • The One Minute Manager Gets Fit
  • One Minute Manager Salesperson
  • One Minute Manager/Putting the One Minute Manager to Work/Boxed Set

“People have trouble admitting there are problems, but everyone has an area he or she would like” 2 likes