Start by marking “Food and Western Disease: Health and Nutrition from an Evolutionary Perspective” as Want to Read:
Food and Western Disease: Health and Nutrition from an Evolutionary Perspective

Food and Western Disease: Health and Nutrition from an Evolutionary Perspective

4.38  ·  Rating details ·  37 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
Nutrition science is a highly fractionated, contentious field with rapidly changing viewpoints on both minor and major issues impacting on public health. With an evolutionary perspective as its basis, this exciting book provides a framework by which the discipline can finally be coherently explored.By looking at what we know of human evolution and disease in relation to th ...more
Published January 11th 2010 by Wiley-Blackwell (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Food and Western Disease, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Food and Western Disease

Arja
Oct 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Maten och folksjukdomarna i ett evolutionsmedicinskt perspektiv (Studentlitteratur 2003). Boken baseras på Lindebergs avhandling om några stammar i Papua Nya Guinea där både den moderna västerländska maten och sk välfärdssjukdomar saknas.
Fulvio Lorenzo
Mar 14, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: not-good
I dislike this book. The price is way too high. There are books out there that do a better job of explaining nutritional research in relation to the diseases of modern civilization than this one. And they are much cheaper. If you are interested in the topic of health and nutrition I recommend that you read books such as: Deep nutrition by Catherine Shannahan, Primal Body Primal Mind by Nora T. Gedgaudas, or Nourishing Traditions by Sally Fallon and Mary G. Enig. This is not worth your time or mo ...more
Radostina Georgieva
May 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book made me a fan of the Paleo diet. I lived on it for half a year and I felt great! lost weight without even trying too! The only problem I see with it is that it's quite expensive. Also, a bit difficult for vegetarians like myself.
Derek W.
Aug 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is the most complete book about diet that I have read. All statements are fully backed through studies (which are also presented) and should be a must-read for anyone who truly wants to understand more about the facts underlying the paleo diet.
Melanie Hughes
Nov 13, 2010 is currently reading it
Shelves: low-grain
Dr. Lindeberg gives a fascinating look at evolutionary nutrition. Gives you a good European background on the issues.
bjorn rydhog