Start by marking “Velocity” as Want to Read:
Velocity

Velocity

3.86  ·  Rating details ·  52,208 Ratings  ·  1,624 Reviews
If you don't take this note to the police I will kill a lovely blond schoolteacher somewhere in Napa County.
If you do take this note to the police, I will instead kill an elderly woman.
You have six hours to decide.
The choice is yours.

On the windscreen of his SUV, Billy finds the first note.

He thinks it's a hoax.
The schoolteacher dies.

The next note reverses the scenario. If
Published 2006 by HarperCollins (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Velocity, please sign up.

This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
কিশোর ইমন
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Alejandro
Dec 06, 2007 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: horror, novel
This is indeed a novel with speed incorporated!

As the title Velocity hints the rhythm of the narrative. A clear fast tempo.

You are barely getting comfy in your seat when you realize that you need to fasten your seatbelt right away!

The premise is simple but performed in a brilliant and very entertaining way.

I liked real quick the protagonist and I fear even quicker from the antagonist.

Nothing is left to the chance. You will witness a carefull crafted masterful plan by the villain.

I enjoyed in
Will M.
A very weak novel by Koontz. it's like he was contradicting himself when he gave the book a title of "Velocity" when in reality it was slow as shit.

The main character was really likable at first, but he slowly became boring as the novel went by. I didn't seem to hold my interest because most of the book contained nothing but jibber jabber. A lot of useless stuff written just for the novel to be longer than it should be. The amount of useless things said over powered the little of action that th
Rinda Elwakil
Oct 21, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pdf_ebub_tablet
ابق منخفضاً، ابق هادئاً، دع الأمور بسيطة، لا تتوقع الكثير، استمتع بما لديك، تحرك قدماً..

هل أنت جاهز للسرعة؟

رواية عن غريزة البقاء..عن ذلك السبب المجهول الذي يجعل الفرد منّا متمسكاً بحياته التي طالما تمني الخلاص منها، و الذي يجعل مشرداً كسيراً لن يخسر العالم برحيله شيئاً يصاب بذعر حيواني بمجرد ما يهدد حياتيهما شئ، أي شئ..

بيلي ويلز، نادل بسيط، كاتب قليل الشهرة، عاشق وفي يرعي محبوبته الراقدة في غيبوبة لسنوات متصلة، يُسّجل ما تنطق به خلال نومها و يحاول استنتاج أحلامها..هل هي آمنة سعيدة أم تعاني يا
Chris
Jan 05, 2008 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Usually people go on smoke breaks at work to take a break from their routine paper-pushing to talk all raw about chicks and cuss a lot. Thank god where I work I can do these things from the comfort of my desk, so when I go on a smoke break I can talk about things that actually take up to ten minutes to discuss (seeing as I’ve been seeing the same chick for years I don’t have much in the way of interesting conversation anyway). Sometimes I will rap about the futility of Chicago football, usually ...more
Araz Goran
من أروع الروايات البوليسية التي قرأتها وأكثرها رعباً وتشويقاً..
حقاً هذه الرواية مدهشة وخاطفة للأنفاس..

الشكر الجزيل للأستاذ حسام عادل والأخت حماس على ترشيح هذه الرواية لي، ممتن لهما حقاً، وأنصح كل أصدقاء الجودريدز بقراءة الرواية ..
Maciek
Velocity is the essence of mass-market fiction. Billy Wiles, an everyman bartender finds a note under the windshield of his car - If he takes it to the police, a schoolteacher will die. If he doesn't, an old woman will be killed. Billy visits his cop friend and tells him about the note. The cop thinks it's a hoax and tells Billy to dismiss it. It turns out it's not - the schoolteacher dies. Billy starts receiving other notes, forcing our bartender to choose the fate of people that are close to h ...more
Richard
Oct 28, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Richard by: Stephen
This is the first Dean Koontz novel I have ever read. I had thought of him as a sort of lesser version of Stephen King--pulpy and popular. While there was that in this novel, it was well crafted. The protagonist, Billy Wiles, proved to be a complex character. The identity of the villain was kept secret until close to the end. And there were literary allusions sprinkled throughout the book, which was a refreshing surprise.

The final scene seemed a little facile, and the villain seemed a little to
Phrynne
Jan 31, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not the best Dean Koontz I have ever read but I still enjoyed it very much. The best part is the way he develops Billy's character from the start of the book to the end. Who would have thought such an ordinary man could be capable of such extraordinary things. The ending is clever too. Just as the reader thinks it is all over.....it isn't! This is why I enjoy this author so much. He doesn't need me to be analytical or critical; all I have to do is sit back and enjoy the fun.
সালমান হক
ইংলিশে Velocity শবদটার অরথ হচছে বেগ । তাহলে একটা থরিলার উপনযাসের নাম ভেলোসিটি হয় কিভাবে যদি না সেটাতে কোন পরকারের বেগই না থাকে । কেবল মাতরই শেষ করে উঠলাম ডিন কুনটজ এর ভেলোসিটি । নিরদবিধায় বলতে পারব আমার পড়া সবচেয়ে দরুতগতির থরিলার গুলোর মধযে নিঃসনদেহে সবচেয়ে উপরের দিকেই থাকবে এই বইটা । আকষরিক অরথেই বইটা পেজ টারনার। একবার গলপে ঢুকে গেলে শেষ না দেখে বের হতেই ইচছে করবে না ।

বই এর কাহিনী আবরতিত হয় আমেরিকার এক ছোট শহরের বারটেনডার বিল ওয়াইলিস কে ঘিরে । নিরঝঞঝাট মানুষ বিল । খুবই সাধারণ এক জীবন যাপন করে
Jordon Greene
Sep 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Koontz's Velocity is an utterly satisfying and exciting thriller. The characters are so intricate and the story detailed. I thought I had it figured out about half way through but instead Koontz through me for a loop, and a good one it was. I highly recommend Velocity.
  • The Voice of the Night
  • Soft Come the Dragons / Dark of the Woods (Ace Double, 13793)
  • Chase
  • The Rip-Off
  • Children of the Storm
  • The Manhattan Hunt Club
  • The Dean Koontz Companion
  • Voices of the Dead

Dean R. Koontz has also published under the na
More about Dean Koontz...
“A fine line separates the weary recluse from the fearful hermit. Finer still is the line between hermit and bitter misanthrope.” 57 likes
“Inaction counted as a choice.” 37 likes