Start by marking “Kiss Of Death (Sophie Anderson, #5)” as Want to Read:
Kiss Of Death (Sophie Anderson, #5)

Kiss Of Death (Sophie Anderson #5)

3.77  ·  Rating details ·  165 Ratings  ·  31 Reviews
A young woman's body is found with puncture marks on her neck, and soon the delicious word vampire is on everyone's lips. All of FBI profiler Sophie Anderson's skills—psychic and psychological—will be needed for her to determine whether this was a thrill kill or something even more sinister.

Exploring the blood bars and Goth clubs of L.A., Sophie immerses herself in the sed
Published July 20th 2010 by Mira (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Kiss Of Death, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kiss Of Death

Brenda
Feb 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
4.5s

When FBI profiler Sophie Anderson woke from the nightmare which seemed so real, she was disorientated – but the credits rolling on the TV screen in front of her made her realize that it must have been the program which had caused the terrible dream…

Sophie had moved from Australia and was a profiler for the FBI; as well as that, she had a psychic ability when working her cases. No-one but her boyfriend, Detective Darren Carter knew of her ability and she wanted to keep it that way. Sometime
Saturnus
This was my first Sophie andersson book, but definitly not my last!
I have never read about vampyrism in crime, but it was interesting.
Sophie is a strong charachter that i can recognize myself in.
She and Darren are a great couple, even if she is a awful girlfriend, but nobodys perfect :)
Little Dino
May 10, 2017 rated it it was ok
This book is written in first person point of view (Sophie’s POV) which made me realize that for someone who works for FBI she is very immature and unprofessional. While working on this case where people are dying, Sophie forms a relationship with...
TO READ MORE CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW

Little Dino off to read now ~~~
Kimberley
Jan 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
I picked this book up at my local library and I was somewhat hooked to the read! I actually really enjoyed this book and I will be searching for all of the other Sophie Anderson editions! :)
Andy
Aug 04, 2010 rated it liked it
My fault, I admit it: I was expecting this book to be set in Australia.

My preferred way to read books or watch movies: Learn just enough to know that I want to read it/watch it, put it on my shelf on in my queue, forget almost everything I know about it, then read it/watch it in a state of near-complete ignorance.

In the case of Kiss of Death, I knew that the author and the main character are Australian. I also remembered that it was crime fiction, one of my favorite genres, and that it had somet
Jun 07, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: crimepieces
The opening scene features the vision/dream, experienced by FBI profiler Sophie Anderson, of a girl being pursued at night. This sets the tone for the book and introduces to new readers (like me) the fact that Sophie is not only a profiler but a psychic who intermittently experiences visions of events around her investigations. In Kiss of Death, she has just seen the death of a girl who is found in an LA park with two puncture marks on her neck. Investigators soon link the killing to one of the ...more
Shelleyrae at Book'd Out
I was lucky to win Kiss of Death in the Goodreads Giveaway. I hadn't read any of the previous books in the series and I was excited to have the chance as it blends my two favourite genres - crime/mystery and paranormal as well as a bonus of having an Australian as the main character.

Sophie is an Australian born FBI profiler based in LA. She is invited to consult on a case where a young woman's body is found in the state park, with puncture wounds in her neck. While the police concentrate on the
Tez
Mar 16, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Tanya Sylvester
Feb 13, 2015 rated it liked it
April
Aug 14, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
I really enjoyed this book. I won this from Goodreads first reads, giveaway. I was afraid that it being book #5 that I would be confused, but that was not the case.
I liked Sophie and her direct clear approach to the solving of crimes. I found the Goth culture and the vampire cult believable. I was trying to come up with my suspect as she was and liked how the ending came about. I found the book to be fast paced and well written.

I was also able to read Coming Home, by PD Martin. It is also anot
Rhonda
Mar 02, 2012 rated it did not like it
This was one in a series of books that I have really enjoyed reading until this one. The story is centred around Vampires and the Vampire world. To be honest, I couldn't care less if Vampires and their stories are fashionable because I like things that I feel are possible. This seemed a ridiculous story and if there are such weirdo's out there, I'd rather remain ignorant and not know of their existence.

If you too feel as I do, don't worry and just skip this one as there is nothing in there that
Jennifer Thomson
Nov 07, 2011 rated it really liked it
PD Martin knows how to write an entertaining book and she's done it again with the 5th book in the Sophie Anderson series.

Sophie is a FBI profiler with a secret of her own: she has visions. And it's that aspect of her character that stands out in this entertaining read.

When a teenage girl's body is found with two puncture marks on her neck the finger of guilt immediately points at a local group of high class vampires. But, could Sophie be getting sidetracked by alluring head vamp Anton Ward?

Re
Helmisade
Jan 04, 2013 rated it it was ok
Greece holiday reading by the pool:) My favourite part about this book is that the pages are a bit curled from being in touch with my wet bathingsuit!
Anyway... I chose this one very randomly and didn't have high expectations. I wasn't familiar with the author or the series (which this apparently is). Being completely ignorant then I actually expected this to be a supernatural story, maybe even a bit scary. I was therefor disappointed to find myself reading an average crime story with a tolerable
Luciana Cavallaro
Feb 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
Another great story by PD Martin. Not as suspenseful as her previous novels but still makes for compelling reading.
FBI Agent Sophie Anderson investigates a ritualistic murder which leads her to the hidden world of goths and vampires. Not your typical vamp story but definitely much more interesting as Martin delves into the power of cults, why people are drawn to charismatic leaders and ultimately join.
This story doesn't disappoint and Sophie with her psychic vision to see what happens to the v
Mark Sullivan
Sep 11, 2010 rated it liked it
This was a fun, fast-paced, and exciting read. A huge thanks to PD Martin for the book giveaway and the shout-out written in the cover. This was a great novel for fans of police/crime thrillers, or those who are interested in a different take on the vampire craze. I really enjoyed this book and am certainly interested in checking out more the Sophie Anderson adventures.
Lauren
Jan 24, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a really interesting book. It had me hooked from the moment I started reading it.
There were so many suspects that you were guessing right until the conclusion who was behind it.

I thoroughly enjoyed this book and will be looking at reading some more by P.D. Martin, very easy and enjoyable to read.
Denise Whelan
Apr 18, 2012 rated it really liked it
This book started out pretty good, but then it just flattened out for me just past the middle of the book! I have loved the other books P.D. Martin has written, I just thought this book was okay, not really what I had thought.
Deedra
Jul 08, 2011 rated it liked it
Much longer than the other Sophie Anderson books I have read. I liked the vampire element added, but there was less about Agent Anderson's psychic ability. Felt like this book took much longer to develop the crime than the others.
Saturnus
May 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This was my first Sophie andersson book, but definitly not my last!
I have never read about vampyrism in crime, but it was interesting.
Sophie is a strong charachter that i can recognize myself in.
Hannah
Mar 03, 2010 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I was one of the lucky winners of the Goodreads Giveaway, and while I have not yet found time to read this (will post review later when I have, though!), I just wanted to leave a bit of a shout out to P.D. Martin. Thank you, and I was really tickled to find a message from you inside the cover!
Julia
Nov 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
Liked hoe the author made vampires fit into a realistic situation. Thought it was a bit odd she would go for the whole vampire thing with all the other books having possible situations but she made it work with explanations as to why people would desire blood.
Lynn Stadel-Paterson
Aug 04, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone who loves vampire books, or a good murder mystery.
Recommended to Lynn by: I learned about it from P.D. Martin on her site.
This book like all P.D. Martin books kept me on the edge of my seat. I love all the details including the profile that Sophie writes, if you like vampires you will love this book.
Catsalive
Mar 25, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2014
2.5 ★
Kristin
Jul 27, 2014 rated it liked it
Intresting book involving groups who think they are Vampires. Never knew such groups existed today.
Louisa
Jul 20, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This was a great book, one that I loved reading! It was a great 5th book, and it was just really good!
Heather
Oct 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved the way that this was written. I thoroughly enjoyed the way you could tell that there was so much research that went into this book.
Daniel Lassiter
Oct 03, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Note: I do not remember when I finished this book.
Sheila
Feb 13, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Profiler Sophie Anderson is called in to a investigate a series of murders that appear to be done by a vampire. She goes undercover in the gothic world of the LA vampirism and blood sucking.
Trisha
Jun 11, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: crime
This is another great Sophie Anderson mystery. My only complaint is that it finishes too quickly. I like the dynamic between Sophie and Anton. Keep them coming Phillippa.
David
Nov 14, 2011 rated it liked it
An ok storyline involving the vampire sub-culture and an Australian profiler working for the FBI in America to solve a series of vampire related murders. Slow moving plot.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Measure of Darkness (Randall Shane, #4)
  • Don't Say a Word
  • The Nameless Dead (Matt Wells)
  • Majix: Notes from a Serious Teen Witch
  • So Close the Hand of Death (Taylor Jackson, #6)
  • Damn Him to Hell (Saturn's Daughter, #2)
  • Tattooed (Kate Lange #3)
  • Owl and the Electric Samurai (Adventures of Owl, #3)
  • Bad Penny (Cat Dupree, #3)
  • Silver Falls
  • No Excuses: A Memoir
  • Romeo Spikes
  • Fixer (The Ustari Cycle, #0.5)
  • The Monsters In Your Neighborhood (Monstrosity, #2)
  • Night of the Vampires (Vampire Hunters, #2)
  • Baby Needs a New Pair of Shoes
  • Reality Ends Here
  • Reconstructing Brigid (Red Dress Ink Novels)
P.D. Martin--Phillipa Deanne Martin--was born in Melbourne, Australia, and developed a passion for crime fiction and storytelling at an early age. This interest was backed up with formal education through a bachelor of behavioral sciences (with majors in psychology and criminology) and a postgraduate certificate in professional writing (creative writing).

Phillipa also writes children's and young a
More about P.D. Martin...

Sophie Anderson (6 books)
  • Body Count (Sophie Anderson,  #1)
  • The Murderers' Club (Sophie Anderson, #2)
  • Fan Mail (Sophie Anderson, #3)
  • The Killing Hands (Sophie Anderson,  #4)
  • Coming Home (Sophie Anderson, #6)