Start by marking “Where Truth Lies” as Want to Read:
Where Truth Lies

Where Truth Lies

3.56  ·  Rating details ·  213 Ratings  ·  26 Reviews
Museum curator Grace McKenzie is shocked when she receives word that her ex-fiance, Steven Hatfield, has been murdered. In his will, Steven has left her his art gallery in New Hope, Pennsylvania. Anticipating that she would turn down the bequest, he asked that she spend a week at the gallery before making her final decision. Motivated by a sense of duty to a man she once l ...more
Published September 1st 2006 by Mira Books

To ask other readers questions about Where Truth Lies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Where Truth Lies

Wendolyn
Jul 20, 2012 rated it liked it
Recommended to Wendolyn by: Laurie
I read; more than I should, so not many books stick with me. This one has bits and pieces that do. I think I'd even read this again if there weren't more than a lifetime of books waiting to be read.
I appreciate the suspense and action that went along with the romance. I'm a sucker for books written in small towns, and characters who move and find a new life.
The main character takes over a gallery. I appreciate the references to unfamiliar 19th century impressionists. One example was William Merr
Pamela(AllHoney)
Another library find. I've never read this author before but I enjoyed it and will look for her other novels. It didn't have that WOW factor and I thought the romance elements could have used a little more tweaking (development) but it was still good.
Jen Froehler rasanen
Aug 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
I liked the plot twists that kept you guessing until the end who committed the 20 year old crime.
Cathleen
Mar 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Fans of Murder Mysteries
Recommended to Cathleen by: Relative
Grace McKenzie inherits a gallery from her former fiancé when he is murdered. Though they had broken up many years previously they had stayed in touch with each other. Grace inherited the gallery under the condition that she go to New Hope, Pennsylvania and stay in his cottage and run the gallery for 1 week.

She gets attacked the day she arrives at the gallery to check things out. From there the story progresses into a 20 year old unsolved missing persons case, the former Police Chief arrested f
Nicole
Jul 20, 2011 rated it really liked it
Pretty good easy read. Likable and realistic characters, interesting but predictable plot with a few twists and secondary scandalous sub plots that weren't ridiculous and kept my interest. even though I had figured out who the killers were early on in the story i enjoyed the natural dialogue and relationships and the progression of friendships throughout the story. I really liked that the heroine and hero did NOT just hop into bed right away, there was a natural mutual attraction, that slowly ev ...more
Robin
Aug 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
Steven Hatfield's murder is a shock to ex-fiance Grace McKenzie. An even bigger shock is he left her his art gallery in New Hope, Pennsylvania. When Grace arrives in New Hope, she finds she's not the only new person in town. FBI Agent Max Baxter has returned to his hometown to clear his father of a murder charge. He and Grace team up to find out who murdered Steven Hatfield, and what other secrets are buried in this rural Pennsylvania town.

Fast moving and very entertaining. I read this book in a
Jan 24, 2017 rated it liked it
I found this book mildly entertaining. Nothing earth shattering, the conclusion didn't really shock me. But it kept me reading and was a nice quick little mystery. The spine of the book says romantic suspense, but it was so extremely light on any romance I would not even put it in that category.

I would recommend this book to anyone wanting a simple little mystery to pass the time.
jenjn79
A fairly decent book. Nothing particularly stand-out about it as a romance or a romantic suspense. But it wasn't a bad read; just not something that stood out as great.

I have to give this book kudos, though, simply because it's set in my small hometown :)
Pam
May 19, 2012 rated it liked it
Fun, easy read. Murder mystery. A little romance. Some child molestation by church pastor. Small town charm.
Mary
May 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Haven't read anything by this author for a long time, started this one and was hooked from fist chapter until the end. Brilliant story
Daniel
Dec 02, 2012 rated it liked it
I definitely thought this book was addictive. Not that it was the greatest suspense novel ever written though. It kept me wanting more; longing to find out who committed the murder.
Donnajo
Apr 12, 2011 marked it as to-read
Riverdale library sale 3/26-27
K
Apr 04, 2013 rated it liked it
based in new hope, quaint murder mystery with some romance involved
Livia Moreno de Marco
Apr 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A paperback surprise. Interesting thriller with unexpected turnarounds. A page turner thats gets you attached to the characters and to how the story ends. Nice for spare time.
Pauline Burke
Feb 02, 2016 rated it liked it
First time reading this author, liked the book from the start. fast reading.
Leanne Williams
May 02, 2013 rated it it was ok
I found this book in the vacation house that we rented. It's a silly book with a ridiculous plot, and I should hate it. But something made me keep turning pages.
Pauline
Nov 29, 2008 rated it really liked it
This is the 2nd book by this author that I have read and once again I really enjoyed it. A nice easy read.
Lori
Aug 07, 2010 added it
This is the only book by her Iv read so far,it was wonderful and I will read more.
Kim
Oct 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This was an easy read....the twist at the end was great.....
Anita Sego
Sep 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
First book I've read by this author. Really enjoyed her skills in character development, pacing, and story development.
Massanutten Regional Library
Jennifer, Page staff, June 2015, 5 stars:

Wonderful book, great plot!
Vivian
Jun 24, 2013 rated it did not like it
hokie. A twenty something year old murder case solved in a couple of days by an amateur and an FBI guy who generate sparks that becomes enduring love. Seriously?
Michelle Mieras
May 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
Enjoyable. Perfect book for traveling!
Lorna
Wendy
Jun 18, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • The Final Kill
  • Facing Fear (S.A.S.S., #2)
  • The Survivors
  • Darker than Midnight (Mordecai Young #3)
  • Dangerous Deception (The Protectors, #27)
  • Storm Clouds (Goodabri #2)
  • Final Justice
  • Target (Bayou #8)
  • A Farewell to Yarns (Jane Jeffry, #2)
  • Burning Lies (Border Watch #3)
  • Sinners and Saints
  • Trapped  (Randall Shane, #2)
  • Silent Waters
  • Hurricane
  • Taken to the Edge (The Guardian Angelinos, #0.5)
  • Red Dust