Start by marking “Business Analysis Techniques: 72 Essential Tools for Success” as Want to Read:
Business Analysis Techniques: 72 Essential Tools for Success

Business Analysis Techniques: 72 Essential Tools for Success

The development of business analysis as a professional discipline has extended the role of the business analyst who now needs the widest possible array of tools and the skills and knowledge to be able to use each when and where it is needed. This book provides 72 possible techniques and practical guidance on how and when to apply them.
Published February 1st 2010 by BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Business Analysis Techniques, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Business Analysis Techniques

Tunde
Feb 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
An excellent book. Easy to read and detailed. Unfortunately, in my opinion, does not address agile methodologies in a great way.
But explains Business analysis and requirement gathering and management excellently. Have read more than twice and still want to go over again.
Farooq Mazhar
Mar 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book have number of techniques that can help to analyse business problems. It covered stakeholder management, identification and analysis. Also, techniques such as Porter’s 5 Forces model, PESTEL Analysis, Value Chain, etc. to analysis both internal and external business environments. It only lack real examples or case studies. I think authors should include few short cases or scenarios. I recommend to read further books for getting deep understanding of competitive advantage, competitive s ...more
Barry
Jun 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
I suppose this book does exactly what it says on the tin. I've been interested in systems thinking and process improvement for a while. I have had a few set backs in considering myself for a Business Analyst position but recently I got an interview for the role. I knew my thinking was okay but I was unsure of the range of techniques and models associated with the industry.

Luckily, I picked this book up! What we have are 72 Business Analysis tools to help the Analyst with every aspect of the role
Bibhu Ashish
Jan 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
Great book for a quick reference.Full of techniques and tools for Business analysis.Must for anyone who is looking for quick and concise book on BA
I copy-edited this book for the publisher, working on screen in Microsoft Word. I liaised with the author to resolve editorial queries and returned the text edited and tagged ready for typesetting.
Walter Millar
  • Key Management Models: The 60+ Models Every Manager Needs to Know
  • A Guide to the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge
  • Key Performance Indicators: Developing, Implementing, and Using Winning KPIs
  • Making the World Work Better: The Ideas That Shaped a Century and a Company
  • ToGAF 9 Foundation Study Guide: Preparation for the TOGAF 9 Part 1 Examination
  • E-Business & E-Commerce Management: Strategy, Implementation and Practice
  • Software Requirements: Practical Techniques for Gathering and Managing Requirements Throughout the Product Development Cycle
  • Performance Dashboards: Measuring, Monitoring, and Managing Your Business
  • Pmp: Project Management Professional: Study Guide
  • Search Engine Optimization: An Hour a Day
  • Business Analyst's Mentor Book: With Best Practice Business Analysis Techniques and Software Requirements Management Tips
  • Strategy Maps: Converting Intangible Assets into Tangible Outcomes
  • Head First Object-Oriented Analysis and Design: A Brain Friendly Guide to OOA&D
  • Hadoop in Action
  • Head First PMP

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »