Start by marking “Les écureuils de Central Park sont tristes le lundi” as Want to Read:
Les écureuils de Central Park sont tristes le lundi

Les écureuils de Central Park sont tristes le lundi

(Joséphine #3)

Souvent la vie s'amuse.Elle nous offre un diamant, caché sous un ticket de métro ou le tombé d'un rideau. Embusqué dans un mot, un regard, un sourire un peu nigaud.Il faut faire attention aux détails. Ils sèment notre vie de petits cailloux et nous guident. Les gens brutaux, les gens pressés, ceux qui portent des gants de boxe ou font gicler le gravier, ignorent les détail ...more
Broché, 864 pages
Published April 1st 2010 by Albin Michel (first published January 1st 2010)

Be the first to ask a question about Les écureuils de Central Park sont tristes le lundi

Start your review of Les écureuils de Central Park sont tristes le lundi
Alma Q
I have read many not-so-entertaining books (too many even during this summer, in fact) but this one I will remember for a long time - as one of the most boring, futile, and unconvincing reads EVER. For about 250 pages soon after middle of the book I thought it might prove itself as an almost worth reading -type of book - I have to admit that I still like some of Pancol's sentences and enjoy reading her observations.
..But that didn't happen, because the end is the worst I have come across in a fe
Moppet
There's a tendency for bestselling series to get longer and more bloated with each book, and unfortunately Les écureuils de Central Park sont tristes le lundi (The squirrels of Central Park are sad on Mondays) is no exception. It's the longest of the trilogy, clocking in at 960 pages in mass market paperback, and it has very little plot. Joséphine needs to get started on a new book, but lacks inspiration - until she finds a diary from the 1960s in the communal bins of her apartment block. The di ...more
Inji
Sep 11, 2013 rated it it was ok
Confused, Katherine Pancol is confused and wants to do everything at the same time, which results in a book that makes you smile and wince alternatively because it was not meant for one type of reader, it is:
a) pop lit, summer read
b) psychoanalysis - but then after part 2 and now reading part 3, I feel the characters might be deep because they're people she met in her real life, esp that they are becoming a bit too repetitive and very clearly defined, not as complex as one thought, it makes me l
Issi
Aug 15, 2013 rated it it was ok
It took me 2 months to get through this book, and I can only give it 2 stars. It is good in parts however and well written throughout, but it is thoroughly boring and stupid in others. It is far, far, far too long and has too many stories going on throughout. I found myself reading some sections with great interest and pleasure and then skim reading other sections which just seemed superfluous and annoying. It is the third and longest of the trilogy and I didn't love the first two either ... I s ...more
Ilze
May 21, 2010 rated it it was ok
The story is interesting, but the one thing I did not appreciate was her over-sentimental and 'long' style (too many repetitions). The metaphors were inventive, but some absolutely ridiculous.
The overall impression was as though the book was written by a teenager, not a serious writer as Katherine Pancol is.
I expected a lot more out of this book.
Isabelle
Oct 23, 2020 rated it liked it
DrKmW
Feb 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
MJ
Aug 10, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I expected it to be the best one but I found it quite disappointing. I finished reading it because I wanted to check if my thoughts were right since the happy ending was quite predictable. I don’t like when the author rewrites scenes from the two previous books, sometimes with the exact words. I don’t like the way Josephine, the main character, evolves and the plot is solved at times: amazing coincidences, unreal characters (Junior) or a quick final for the love story of the main character.
Carla
May 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction, dutch, 2017
(I read this book in Dutch) I enjoyed the books of Katherine Pancol and the story of Josephine, Hortense, Zoe and the others in the three books. This book was a bit long (700 pages!), but I love her style, some of the characters that were so funny (Junior) or plain ridiculous (Denise Trompet). Altogether, reading this book took a while but was time well spent.

2017 Books #9
anna
Aug 11, 2020 rated it did not like it
The ending was quite nice but even then I thought that the story itself had so much internalised misogyny, misogyny in general, a terrible way of defining being queer as a joke and anyway I found the characters not to be realistic in the way they acted; not because i couldn't relate but because they were all so childish and spoiled.
Nancy
Aug 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction
Love this new author discovery. This is the third of a long series and thus far, all excellent.
Dianne Goddard
Loved it!
Tiina
Oct 17, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
These books just got worse and worse, unfortunately, as did the plot points, the characters, and the language, too. In this book there must be a zillion characters with different storylines (and little relevance) and the only character I liked was Hortense. It is unbelievable how long this book is (you could easily edit 4/5 away), considering that only one of those storylines has an actual ending. The language was pompous and honestly, thought-reading babies, secret Scottish fathers with castles ...more
Elise
Jan 17, 2015 rated it liked it
The book characters are like a family - you miss them when the book is finished.
In my opinion, for many charachters, this book was not the best of the three - except for Hortense her storyline.
I like most of the characters and I love the way Pancol tells the story, altough, this book started of a little bit different (and strange) in comparison with the other two.

I will definitely read the other series about Hortense, Gary, Zoé and Josephine.
Jane Lewis
Jan 18, 2017 is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
I get prompts to finish this book and comment on it. I will read it while I am in France in the summer -- I will pick it up about one week before going, to get back into practice. I do find these characters annoying, by the way, they keep doing things that are unhelpful and that spoil things, as I see it. But we are all flawed................. I have all three books in this series and will read them all
Valentine
Jul 15, 2010 rated it did not like it
Most awful and painful read ever. It was really an accident I liked "Les yeux jaunes des crocodiles" from this author. It was just boring and not well written at all. She just uses too much words to tell things and she doesn't even chose them well... Don't know why I read it, especially after not liking the previous one.
Andrea
Jan 22, 2013 rated it liked it
I loved the first two books but this one was boring and pretty much a book to remember... You totally get lost in the story and I am almosy sure I am not the only one who had to spend a loooot of time and patience to finish this one, a trilogy that came to an end but at first such a good one. You gotta admit Katherine Pancol rocks.
Michalka
Nov 18, 2013 rated it it was ok
I gave two points, mostly because it was still entertaining to read, however this was way too much of naive nonsense for me and in the end was glad Pancol finished the story very quickly...truly, why to write so many pages if you run out of the ideas? Anyway the trilogy was easy to read and entertaining although liked first two books much better than this one....
Kate Defrise
Mar 19, 2012 rated it liked it
This book was over 900 pages and some of it didn't hold together. I think she got a bit tired toward the end. Nevertheless, I couldn't put it down, despite moments of "really? she expects us to buy that?"
Ferith80
Dec 09, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
great book. i had loved so much the first one, while the second had disappointed me; but this third was wonderful once again. it's made me think a lot. it's all about listening your inner self, overcoming your fears and finding your path in life - which, nowadays, is my main deal.
Annabelle
Jan 20, 2013 rated it it was ok
I really enjoyed the two first books of the adventure of Joséphine, Hortense, Gary etc... sadly this third novel was too long and the story not so entertaining for me. However I look forward reading Pancol's next books.
Claire
May 19, 2010 rated it really liked it
This is the third of a trilogy. The other two got 5 stars. Great characters and cute story.
Valermore
Sep 07, 2011 rated it it was ok
I read only this book, the last of the trilogy, beacuse i didn't know it was a trilogy.
Sometimes the story goes really slow and some parts are unnecessary, so i didn't like it very much.
Galina
Nov 09, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book! And I absolutely love Katherine Pancol's style of writing! Before reading the book I'd suggest to read the 1nd and the 2nd part, because this one is the 3rd book in the trilogy.
Helene
Nov 24, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The last book of the trilogy is a gem. And it ends well but I wished there was a fourth book to know what happened after the happy ending....
Natalia Puglisi
It's not that I didn't like it, I just hated it so much that couldn't finish it!
Audrey
Apr 05, 2012 rated it liked it
I enjoyed meeting the characters again, but I found this book full of ridiculous subplots. I was least impressed with this novel of the three.
Elena
Aug 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Very exiting and easy reading book as all I read so far by Katherine Pancol
Angie
Jan 14, 2013 rated it it was ok
I got bored with this one. I think it could have been heavily edited
Sophie
Apr 21, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Easy spring read. Loved the love stories, mystery and characters, although sometimes a but too much, enjoyable read

• Hunting and Gathering
  • I Wish Someone Were Waiting for Me Somewhere
  • La consolante
  • Benny & Shrimp
  • Le premier jour du reste de ma vie
  • Il est grand temps de rallumer les étoiles
  • L'Échappée belle
  • Delicacy
  • La femme parfaite est une connasse !
  • La fille de papier
  • Le Lion
  • Le parfum du bonheur est plus fort sous la pluie
  • La Nuit des temps
  • Changer l'eau des fleurs
  • Le Temps Des Secrets (Souvenirs d'enfance, #3)
  • Et soudain tout change
  • La bicyclette bleue, 1939-1942 (La bicyclette bleue, #1)
Katherine Pancol moved from Casablanca to France when she was five. She studied literature and initially became a French and Latin teacher, before turning to journalism. While working for Paris-Match and Cosmopolitan, she is noticed by an intuitive publisher who encourages her to begin writing. Following the success of her first novel Moi D'abord (Me First) in 1979, Pancol moves to New York City w ...more

Joséphine (3 books)
  • The Yellow Eyes of Crocodiles
  • La valse lente des tortues