Start by marking “One Fine Cowboy” as Want to Read:
One Fine Cowboy

One Fine Cowboy

(Acquainted with the Night #2)

He's got a way with horses...and with women...

His heart is as wild as the horses he trained...

Nate Shawcross is perfectly content to spend his days training wild horses. So when a beautiful greenhorn unexpectedly shows up for a seminar from the famous "Horse Whisperer" of Wyoming, all Nate wants to do is send her packing...

The last thing she expects is a lesson i

Published September 1st 2010 by Sourcebooks Casablanca (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about One Fine Cowboy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One Fine Cowboy

Emily
Grad student Charlie Banks has been sent to work in Wyoming under Nate Showcross with his training of wild horses. Charlie has a chip on her shoulder about the whole gig, she doesn't believe in animals being forced to work and when her car breaks down it is just the straw that broke the camels back.

Nate has no idea who Charlie is or why his ex girlfriend made brochures for a business he does not have. Nate allows Charlie to stay but he doesn't plan on losing his heart to her. Charlie will end u
Barb
Feb 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
In One Fine Cowboy we meet Nate, a sweet,kind, caring cowboy who loves his ranch and has worked hard for what he has, but he also is a bit of a grump and the not so polite kind. This impolite manner was brought on by his common law wife, she not only took everything he had, every last cent withdrawn from their bank accounts, she also took their beloved daughter when she left. To top it all off she changed his ranch into a horse whisperer learning school without telling him.
So here he is with th
Jenn Scranton
Jan 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
Ah yes, another cowboy book. I just can't get enough! This is my second Joanne Kennedy book and it was completely different from the other one. One word, fantastic!

One Fine Cowboy really isn't a great title for the actual story. Here's why:

Our girl, Charlie... (authors: stop giving female characters "unisex" names!! It is not cute and sassy, it's confusing!!)
She's a spitfire from Jersey. A lit stick of dynomite. Really what I'm strying to say is that she's a heaping bushel of crazy! LOL. But we
Natalija
Jan 17, 2012 rated it really liked it
If you are like me & have a major crush on shy, hardworking cowboys, this book is a must read. Nate is a man of few words. His gentle, sincere and patient nature not only helps him to work with troubled horses, but eventually will help him to win the heart of a big city girl.
Joanne Kennedy's love for Wyoming's wind-swept plains, breathtaking sunrises & the ability to share it with readers, is what makes her stand out from other contemporary western authors.

She quickly became one of my fa
Pelusa Rivera
Sooo I the title is correct One fine cowboy, but the female character total brat, totally annoying, I couldn't anymore I tried to give her the benefit of the doubt but she got more annoying and I could not see what Nate would have been attracted to her besides physically and since his ex was just as horrible or more so I was unhappy that he had apparently had not learned his lesson so he lost some points with me there. The story could have gone so much better if these woman behaved better. Not a ...more
Rachel C.
This was cute in a sort of weird way. I thought it got off to kind of a slow start, and yet a little bit too fast of one ((view spoiler)). Still, it was an enjoyable story, although I like the Cowboys of Decker Ranch series better, I think. I definitely still want to continue with this series though. Can't go wrong with a cowboy (unless you are a prejudiced woman like Charlie... and even then you'll end up loving at least one co ...more
Cheryl
Sep 15, 2010 rated it really liked it
Charlie Banks wants to go back to New Brunswick where she belongs…the city. Though first Charlie must survive Latigo Ranch in Wyoming. She is doing a grad paper on horse whispering. Charlie is almost to the ranch when her car breaks down. She is rescued by a tall, dark and sexy cowboy. His name is Nate Shawcross. It just so happens that Nate is the man Charlie was looking for. She heard he was the best horse whisper around. Unfortunately for Charlie, Nate wants nothing to do with helping her wit ...more
Babs
Jan 21, 2012 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Western Romance
Shelves: romance, western
Charlie comes to Wyoming under the pretense of Horse Whispering on a dude ranch according to the brochure. She did not know Sandi Nate's ex girlfriend lied about the way the ranch looked. It was almost in shambles. The first think Charlie wanted to do was go right back home. As shocked as she was she could not get a refund as Sandi cleaned out the checking and savings account and left town to go to Denver. Nate was broke and needed help with the clinic he had no clue it was to take place. With C ...more
Wesley
Sep 24, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Okay, disclaimer: I'm not one to read romance novels.
Another disclaimer: But I love books about cowboys.

I was hesitant to post this review because I'm still slightly embarassed by the fact that I read a romance novel, but I totally enjoyed this book and it would be unfair not to. It was decently written, wasn't uncomfortably raunchy/subversive and there was even some character development there. That's all I expected, or wanted, from this so I was happy.

Every time I felt like Charlie was being a
Shawna The Crazy Bookseller
Feb 16, 2011 rated it really liked it
Ok so I'm going to try to say this without giving anything away from this book. I have never wanted to slap someone as much as I did this one woman in this book. It's not the main character Charlie. Trust me you will know who it is when she pops into the picture.

One Fine Cowboy follows a common formula of 2 people trying to fight their feelings for each other. Joanne Kennedy's writing skills made it hard for me to put this book down. Oh how I wish her 3rd book was out now.
Karla
May 24, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: sweet-romance
3 1/2 stars. Not bad, and more of a steamy read then I expected...which was a pleasant surprise. At first I thought, no way am I going to finish this one, then it picked up, Nate grabbed my heart and I was pulling for him. Charlie has some repetitive, gotta go...gonna stay moments, but other than that it was quite enjoyable.
Yvonne Cruz
Aug 14, 2019 rated it liked it
The story centers around Nate Shawcross and Charlie Banks.
Nate is a rancher who works with wild horses. His girlfriend left and took his money, and someone close to him. He’s not only struggling with the ranch but figuring out what he’ll be doing next. Charlie, a psychology grad student has signed up for a workshop with “the horse whisperer”. But surprise , surprise, there is no workshop, the ex-girlfriend was the one that set it up, and took the money. Add to that the fact that the ranch is bar
Sara
Jul 19, 2019 rated it liked it
It was really hard at first for me to get into this book. I could not stand the female character she made my skin crawl and was just so annoying. Meanwhile there was totally likable male who I just couldn’t see with this obnoxious woman. I really considered putting it down for a bit. But I hate to not finish a book so I pushed on through and was so glad to find the female ease up and become a bit more likable in the end to where I could agree with the relationship.

The interesting thing about the
Miriam Wolfe
Aug 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a voluntary review of an advanced copy.

I really had a hard time liking Charlie at the beginning, she overreacted, kind of judgmental, and totally stuck on the plan that her mother outlined for her and there was NO deviating from that PLAN. Nate was mu;ch more likable but at times, I just wanted him to quit being so agreeable and fight back. Great evil ex-girlfriend for the plot and lovable sidekicks to help them as they had a long road to get to their HEA.

At times, I was not sure if they
Lovely Loveday
Aug 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
One Fine Cowboy by Joanne Kennedy is a steamy western romance that is sure to take your breath away. The second book in the Acquainted with the Night series with rough, tough and devastatingly sexy cowboys and the woman who manage to catch their eye and steal their hearts.  One Fine Cowboy is well written that if you close your eyes you can see the sunset and feel the wind on your cheeks. The characters are vividly realistic and relatable making  you fall in love with them when you first meet.   ...more
Denise H
One Fine Cowboy is fun and entertaining from the first page to the last. There are plenty of laughs, drama, excitement, and romance to enjoy in this story including sexy cowboys, horses, nosy friends, an overbearing mother, a bitter ex, and plenty of chemistry. The story started a little slow and I struggled to really like Charlie but overall with all the added extras in the storyline it was a good read.

*I received an ARC through NetGalley and I am voluntarily providing my honest review.
Karen Roma
Jul 20, 2019 rated it liked it
3 1/2 Star Review.....

One Fine Cowboy is the second book in Joanne Kennedy’s Acquainted with the Night series and was a well written, easy to read and enjoyable romance. I liked the character development and the plot was interesting without being over the top. It did start out a little slow, but kept me intrigued enough to want to finish. I’ll definitely continue this series and look forward to what’s to come.
Heather andrews
Jun 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Nate is just a tad bit shy on some things, “your panties,” he said. “I just— I just want to see what you’re wearing.” His face was red, and no wonder..." Nate just can't help but give in to his woman, "Nate stared at her and she stared back, arms folded over her chest, jaw squared. He looked away first. “All right ,” he said. “You’re here to learn, and I guess she’ll teach you a thing or two.” I liked this book, I loved Nate, the man had his hands full with Charlie.
Shala
Aug 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This cowboy romance was actually a really fun ride! I enjoyed the chemistry between Nate and Charlie a lot. They really fell into that opposites attract roll perfectly. Their chemistry was electric from the beginning. The angle of Sandi running off with all of Nate's money ended up being quite interesting. This book kept me guessing, and it had some good steam to it as well.
The Wrangler Butt jokes were pretty fun also! 😉
Melinda
Jul 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book. Omg what a great love story! I found myself pulled into this story from the first chapter and didn’t come up for air until the epilogue!! I seriously couldn’t put this book down......wow I’ve never read a book quite like it!! Wish I could give this book more than the five stars that it totally deserves. Happy reading!
Margie
Aug 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoy reading Cowboy romances and One Fine Cowboy by Joanne Kennedy was a really enjoyable read for me. I just loved "horse whisperer" hero Nate Shawcross. I had to warm up to heroine Charlie Banks but then I really liked her. The storyline in this book was smooth and easy to read. This was a fun book to read.
Kim Vanravenswaay
Ms. Kennedy did too good a job of making me hate the villain, Nate's ex girlfriend. Over and over again she reaffirms that she is the wrong person for Nate. Which just proves how perfect Charlie is for him and the ranch.
Janette Mcmahon
Jun 24, 2019 rated it liked it
ARC copy: A perfect escapist read for horse lovers wanting a sexy, contemporary western romance. Female character was a bit over the top for me in this setting, but hey opposites attract and make for a good story.
Susan
Jul 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
ONE FINE COWBOY by Joanne Kennedy is a fun, contemporary small town romance. A single Dad and a big city graduate student discover each other. I couldn't put this book down! I found myself laughing out loud while reading this story!
Marianne
Mar 22, 2019 rated it liked it
Lot of triteness going on which is why I could give it only three stars.. that being said it was a surprisingly good story. It had its funny and sad moments
Robin
Aug 03, 2019 rated it liked it
An okay read. Charlie irritated me for about 95% of the book. I found myself skimming through the middle part of the book. I did enjoy the resolution of the story.
Robin Reynolds / October Woman
I wasn't sure I would like Charlie at first. She's a Jersey girl who refers to cowboys as “stupid cowboys”. She's a vegetarian animal rights activist, who doesn't believe in riding horses - “It's morally wrong, forcing animals to serve us.” She's a grad student, and has been sent to this ranch in the wilds of Wyoming to attend a clinic for the purpose of “assessing the parallels between the training techniques of Western livestock managers and the nonverbal cues with which humans communicate the ...more
Romancing the Book
Mar 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, western, cowboy
Reviewed By~Desere
Review Copy Provided By~Contest Win

This is the first in a series of cowboy books by the very talented Joanne Kennedy. The books focus on rough, tough and devastatingly sexy cowboys and the woman who are in someways their downfall but also their saviors.

Wendy Hines
Jan 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
Charlie Banks, New Jersey grad student and avid PETA member, heads to the desolate plains of Wyoming to research horse whispering. But when she arrives on the supposedly lavish dude ranch, the brochure pictures looks nothing like the reality, she is stuck. Her car breaks down almost there and it will take a week for it to be fixed. The only person on the ranch is Nate Shawcross, a rangy cowboy without alot of words.

Nate's not surprised that his ex-girlfriend Sandi concocted the idea, but Sandi'
Wendy
May 21, 2011 rated it it was ok
I was so hopeful that this was a good book - an emotionally 'wounded' cowboy, a heroine who comes to his rescue...the best part of this book was turning the last page and congratulating myself for actually finishing it. And, now, after reading this, I will never be able to look at another frozen turkey dinner without grossing myself out.

Let's start with the hero...I get the wanting to bring something new to the book, so we have an emotionally wounded hero - which...totally ruins the whole cowbo
« previous 1 3 next »

• Tyler (The Secret Life of Cowboys, #1)
  • Montana Glory
  • One Lucky Cowboy (Lucky, #2)
  • A Knight in Cowboy Boots (McKnight, #1)
  • Going Cowboy Crazy (Deep in the Heart of Texas, #1)
  • The Cowboy (Bitter Creek #1)
  • The Cowboy Takes a Bride (Jubilee, Texas, #1)
  • Roped
  • Sweet Water
  • Catriona
  • The Return of Black Douglas (Black Douglas, #2)
Cheyenne, Wyoming 82001
Laramie County

Books (Most Recent Publications First)

photo 9781402283697_zpstbcecphj.jpg  photo 9781402283666_zpsqotwi7qv.jpg CowboyToughCoverSmall photo CowboyToughCoverSmall_zpsacac8d9d.jpg Cowboy Crazy Cover photo cowboycrazy-300_zps70ac7db3.jpeg

Photobucket Joanne Kennedy,Cowboy Fever,Western romance One Fine Cowboy Cowboy Trouble

Author Website:  www.joannekennedybooks.com
Author Email:      Joanne@JoanneKennedyBooks.com
Facebook:      http://www.facebook.com/pages/Joanne-Kennedy-Books/114277591920110

Biographical and Professional Information

Joanne Kennedy's fascination with Wyoming’s unique blend of past and present leads her to write contem

Acquainted with the Night (6 books)
  • Cowboy Trouble