Start by marking “Kiss the Cook” as Want to Read:
Kiss the Cook

Kiss the Cook

3.6  ·  Rating details ·  347 Ratings  ·  38 Reviews
Melanie Gibson is busy caring for her beloved grandmother, and working desperately to secure a bank loan for her fledgling gourmet catering service. The last thing she has time for is romance, until a financial whiz sweeps her off her feet!
Published January 1st 2006 by Zebra (first published May 1st 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Kiss the Cook, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kiss the Cook

Crista
May 19, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-star, contemporary
I read this book when I was in the mood for something light, funny, and utterly romantic. This book fits these characteristics to a tee!

So often now a days, I find myself reading romance that is laced with suspense, paranormal twists, or one that is set during the regency period. What a breathe of fresh air to read something that is just modern day "romantic"! Chris is the man dreams are made of. He "resists" Mel (Melanie) Gibson at first, but once he spends time with her, he decides that she i
Katrin
Jul 08, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: bookcrossing
Ok, I admit I picked this up at the bookcrossing meeting simply for fun. I knew it was going to be a light book, just some stupid romance. haha. And that it definitely was. But why then does it always have to be so damn unrealistic?? And I'm ok with some cheesy stuff, but some things are too ridiculous for me and sadly this book was really ridiculous in many ways, haha. It had some humour, I grant that, and there were a few nice moments. But yea.. so much fluff, it's killing me.
Ayu Wirdha
Dec 28, 2011 rated it it was ok
Untuk memperbesar usaha katering makanan, Melanie bersama neneknya (kalo ga salah Mel ini yatim piatu dan krn neneknya ga betah di panti jompo akhirnya jadi tinggal bareng Mel) sedang mengajukan pinjaman ke bank yg dipergunakan untuk membeli mobil katering.

Sewaktu mengantar ayam pesanan klien (krn drivernya lagi sakit) tidak sengaja mobilnya yg bobrok menghalangi mobil mercedes milik Chris...udah gitu mobil Mel mogok trus ama Chris coba dibenerin eh ga taunya celananya barunya yg bermerk robek
Melindeeloo
Jun 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
They both meet in the midst of a calamity filled day, but somehow manage to intrigue each other in spite of the fact that neither has time in their lives right now for a relationship and that she's sworn off men and he's finally ready to enjoy his bachelorhood.

Kiss the Cook, which is an updated version of D'Alessandro's first contemporary romance was a light fun and largely 'un-angsty' read, both of the leads Melanie (the Cook) and Chris (the accountant) are incredibly likeable characters with o
Ingrid Thomas
Jul 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
A really lovely book, with the correct amount of chemistry between the characters (which is a lot) , angst, a little trouble and an adorable and funny Nana!!!

It s funny, tender, romantic, just a tad much on the inner monologues, but not enough to dissuade me to keep reading.
Ruthie
Cute love story. I purchased it in a set of books. I would read books by this author again.
Megan Scott
What It's About: Melanie 'Mel' Gibson is a caterer, determined to expand her to-go business, The Pampered Palate. Christopher 'Chris' Bishop is an accountant, assigned by the bank to assess her business for a loan. Neither is looking for love, but fortunately, that is exactly what they find.

What I Liked: 1) After having recently read Dracula and Frankenstein back to back, it was so refreshing to read something so light-hearted and fluffy. If you're looking for a quick read and some mental cotton
Gaele
Nov 16, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: owned
A cute, non-challenging foodie romance, this is the first I have read by this author and won’t be the last. Melanie is an aspiring caterer, with all of the associated stressors that comes with a food-centric career. She is focusing on her career after a cheating fiancé broke her heart and threw her off the career track. She meet Chris, who has spent the last years caring for his siblings, and now wants little to do with love or commitment. The basic trope here is satisfied: two people not lookin ...more
Steph McVicker
Jul 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Kiss the Cook was predictable...but in the best way. Well written and funny, I fell in love with Mel Gibson and her quirky ways. Chris can't help but fall for this woman who is nothing like what he thought he wanted. Chris is the whole package, and the ways he uses Mel's reasons why they shouldn't date to show her exactly why they SHOULD date was priceless! Their chemistry is potent and the humorous banter between them is just perfect. I could read 100 more pages on Mel & Chris, they just ha ...more
Jun 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013
I didn't expect to like this book as much as I did. I started reading it last night when I couldn't sleep as I figured it would be something I wouldn't get too into and could easily put down. Next thing I know it is way too late and I am trying not to fall asleep so I can keep reading. I thought it would just be a cheesy romance, but it was way better. I loved the main characters. I loved how they both didn't want a relationship, and their internal dialogues with themselves were hilarious. I lov ...more
Jane Stewart
Sep 26, 2010 rated it really liked it
Enjoyable, light, fluffy romance.

He's a CPA, she's a caterer. They meet and quickly fall for each other. He goes with it, but she's afraid to get involved. All is well in the end. I didn't laugh out loud, but it was enjoyable.

DATA:
Sexual content: moderate. Setting: current day Atlanta, Georgia. Copyright: 2000. Genre: contemporary romance.

OTHER BOOKS:
For a list of my reviews of other Jacquie D’Alessandro books, see my 4 star review of “Sleepless at Midnight” posted 6/19/08.
June Foster
Aug 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Chris and Melanie' s story was very well written...I was sucked in from the very beginning!! Chris loving his bachelor life, Melanie heart broken from her breakup with cheating fiancee. Until they accidentally met...Then life as they knew it changed..Chris knew what he wanted from the get go, Melanie on the other hand needed to learn not all men were pond scum....I wish I could rate this book higher then 5 stars!!! I freaking LOVED it!!!!
Jill Treftz
Jun 27, 2013 rated it it was ok
I wanted to like it. At times I liked the characters, Mel, in particular, but the hero annoyed me. Maybe I'm just getting old or prudish or something, but the whole "he is so into her that he's half-hard all the time around her" trope is really getting on my nerves. I had to force myself to finish this one.
Christine
Jul 17, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book a lot. Nana sealed the deal by making this a funny, sad, lovable story about Melanie and Chris. How they meet makes me laugh out loud. Actually, quite a few parts in the story made me. I would love to have a Grandma like Nana. Add food and cooking into the mix and I am one happy reader.
Donna
Jun 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This light, funny, sweet contemporary romance is just the thing when you want to escape. Filled with one hilarious calamity after another you only stop laughing long enough to sigh at the sweet romance. Take an accident prone cook add in a sweet smoking hot accountant (now there is a phrase I never thought I’d write) mix well add a dash of an eccentric Nana and you get Kiss the Cook.
Kayla
Jun 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book came as a shock to me! My aunt had suggested it to me becuase it was only .99 cents on Amazon. Normally I dont like the sex scenes in these books to be over the top but it must have struck a chord- because I ABSOLUTELY LOVED THIS BOOK! It was hysterical! love love loved it. I want to read more of her stuff for sure :):)
Renee J.
Jun 24, 2013 rated it it was ok
Good book, great character chemistry, good sex scenes. My only problem was that this book had more character "thinking" then it did dialogue. And most of the things that both characters were thinking were the same thoughts over and over through the WHOLE book. (I skipped quit a bit)but all in all it was a cute story.
Maura
An entertaining read. I got annoyed by a lot of the over-the-top descriptions and some of the internal monologues that were trying to be funny and clever and falling short. The story line was cute though.
Ivy Deluca
Freebie read - it was a fairly sweet and simple romance. Mild twist in that it's the heroine, not the hero, who's completely freaked out at the thought of HEA. I didn't connect with the heroine (named Mel Gibson), as much as I did the hero Chris, who was adorable in how wrapped up he was in Mel.
Bark's Book Nonsense
Apr 27, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Still updating my shelves with past reads. This is another book read and reviewed for All About Romance, the review is archived HERE .
Karen
Jun 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Easy to Love this book! Enjoyable story and wonderful characters. I couldn't put it down! Great Read! Don't hesitate to read it.
Lindsey
Amazon freebie 6/20/13
Michelle Fletcher
Apr 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
The first funny romance I've come across and I really enjoyed it - it was fun and made me laugh out loud a number of times! Can be summed up in a word - FUN :)
Lynne
Oct 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Great story with love, humour and mayhem. Good strong characters. I enjoyed it hope you do too.
HK
Sep 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Read in Japanese. Very cute story. Liked it a lot.
Rima
Sep 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is one of my special books I read when I need a little pick-me-up. It's cute, fun and very light hearted.
Jul 07, 2013 rated it liked it
Cute love story. Nothing was super surprising but a great read if you're looking for a happy ending!
Lois
Jul 03, 2010 rated it it was amazing
This is a favorite of mine to reread, and just reread it again! :)
Jill
Apr 21, 2015 rated it liked it
This was predictable, cute fluff. It reminded me a little bit of early Janet Evanovich.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Stormy Affair
  • Blind Date Disasters / Eat Your Heart Out (Harlequin Duets, #57)
  • Take Me Home (Whisper Horse, #1)
  • Beautiful Bad Man (Sutton Family, #1)
  • Phi Beta Bimbo
  • Dark Roots and Cowboy Boots
  • A Taste of Heaven
  • Wedding Day of Murder (Lacy Steele Mysteries, Book 6)
  • Dear Cupid (Texas Heat Wave, #2)
  • Always on the Run (Always the Bridesmaid, #2)
  • The Barefoot Bride
  • Under the Covers
  • Christmas Revels
  • Far from Perfect (Perfect, Indiana, #1)
  • Brighter than Gold (Western Rebels #1)
  • Indiscreet (London Friends, #1)
  • A Love Through Time (MacKendimen, #1)
  • A Weekend Temptation
Growing up on Long Island, New York, I fell in love with romance at an early age. I dreamed of being swept away by a dashing rogue riding a spirited stallion. When my hero finally showed up, he was dressed in jeans and drove a Volkswagon, but I recognized him anyway. We married after both graduating from Hofstra University and are now living our happily-ever-afters in Atlanta, Georgia, along with ...more
More about Jacquie D'Alessandro...