Start by marking “Wolf Pact” as Want to Read:

(Wolf Pact #1-4)

From the bestselling author of Blue Bloods, comes a series that will reinvent the myth of the werewolf in the same way that Blue Bloods did with vampires—with style and NYC flair!

Lawson and his brothers escaped from the underworld and now lead desperate, dangerous lives. They’re pursued by the Hounds of Hell from one town to the next, never calling any place home. But when
Published September 25th 2012 by ATOM

To ask other readers questions about Wolf Pact, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wolf Pact

Can't Wait Books of 2012
2,527 books — 15,745 voters
YA Novels of 2012
1,321 books — 10,709 voters

More lists with this book...

Patti
Apr 03, 2010 marked it as want-to-read
Wait y would you choose a character that had basically no willpower or determination...
Taschima
Nov 12, 2011 marked it as to-read
Melissa de la Cruz is an author I can trust. Her Blue Bloods series has delivered and I bet this one will not dissapoint either. I should go to the store and get Lost in Time already!

UPDATE 8/24/12: Please let that NOT be the final cover... It sucks! Specially when you compare it to The Blue Bloods covers which are pretty damn great.
☽ MaryJane ✨
THIS WAS FUN.

Wolfpact is a spin off of sorts to the Blue Bloods series. It’s a series of novellas that help explain some of the events that happen behind the scenes between the end of book 5 and book 7! It is not necessary to read these novellas but I am honestly really happy that I did!
In terms of what I disliked from these novellas, it’s really just the same issues I have with the Blue Bloods series…the writing is a bit weak/underdeveloped at times and the pacing is a bit strange in certain
Tarra

Hmmmmm. I can see why this didn't get high marks. To be quite truthful it was so boring for much of the book.

The last 50 pgs were good enough but I was a little irritated with Bliss and Lawson. When I had read the synopsis it said something about these two kids who had both lost someone to The Underworld teaming up. I thought 'Oh good! Then there won't be a love interest situation!' but I was wrong...

Mere days after losing his "mate" our friend Lawson is thinking about his new pal Bliss
Amelia
Dec 28, 2009 marked it as to-read
Great the POV is from one of the most bland characters in the book. X(
Nasty Lady MJ
To see full review click here: http://yalbookbriefs.blogspot.com/201...

Hmmm, what do I say about this one. To be honest, I've been waiting for this book for awhile. It was originally suppose to be released in 2010, and I honestly I thought it was going to go the way of some of de la Cruz's unfinished series. So, I was thrilled to hear it was going to be released this fall. I wasn't thrilled though to here that it was going to be released just as an ebook since I don't have an e-reader and quite
Lindsay Heller
First off, let's just say I didn't applaud Hyperion's decision to only publish this as an ebook. Yes, I read what de la Cruz wrote about the decision, and I understand it. However, I don't have an ereader, and, while I have people from whom I could borrow, the idea was less than appealing. I like books, I like holding things in my hand. I like being able to flip back and go over things I read before. I admit I have never used an ereader and would probably not find the experience completely disag ...more
Jodi May
Sep 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone who loves Angel stories
Recommended to Jodi by: I found it by chance
Shelves: favorites
Another stunning book from Melissa de la Cruz. By far my favourite author of all time. I'm pulled to her characters, her writing style and her style. Although her books are about vampires and werewolves, she puts a totally different spin on it. I enjoy all the biblical history and the strong background to the story and all of the characters. They're not cardboard cut outs but people you can relate to. The Blue Bloods series was amazing and I pre-ordered this book and read it all in one day I was ...more
Morgan Walsh
Nov 11, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I'm really exited for this book, but I have some concerns: one, the blue bloods series just isn't the same without Bliss, and two, Bliss is an alright character, but she isn't my favorite by a long shot, and I worry that a series about her will make me totally hate the blue bloods series. I mean, there's another spin off series about the Blue Bloods which will have 2 books and are about witches. I think de la Cruz's idea for the blue bloods won't make sense if the all-powerful blue blood race do ...more
Andrea
Jul 07, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017-read
This was a good companion to the Blue Bloods series. I think this should definitely be read before Gates of Paradise otherwise you'll probably be confused when these characters show up there. There was a decent amount of action, but I think more could've be done with Bliss and her involvement with the wolves.
Kaka_shi
Mar 10, 2013 rated it it was ok
So where do I start…..? Ah I know. I HATED this book. No let’s look at it this way. Cause I also love it too. Separate, from the blue bloods series. This book was an 8/10. the story had suspense (although you pretty much knew where it was going anyways but still all good) action, killing, love in all the right doses and I’m so glad the author didn’t write in some tragic dumb arse girl, going “Omg! Omg! Help me im a dumb arse girl that can’t do anything for myself an im in love with this guy but ...more
Angie
I think this book takes place before the final Blue Bloods book but I'm not sure. In any case, it's recommended you read that series before reading Wolf Pact.

This book is the story of how Lawson and his pack escaped becoming hell hounds and what they did during their year of hiding.

Bliss is searching for the pack. It's her mission to convince Lawson's pack to help take down the Silver Bloods but first she has to help Lawson take down Romulus.

It was an interesting story but very short for the pri
Michelle
Nov 20, 2011 rated it really liked it
I am a big fan of anything Melissa writes, and when I discovered that she was writing Wolf Pact I knew I had to read it.  What I love about these books is how they all tie in together in some way, Arthur from Serpents Kiss, and Bliss from Blue Bloods.

Lawson, Tala, Malcolm, Edon,  and Rafe escape from the underworld into human world and soon find themselves trying to figure out how to survive in their new bodies and a new place.  Arthur comes to thier rescue ans offers the ma safe place to stay a
Jessie Potts
Wolf Pact, Melissa de la Cruz
What it's about: Wolf Pact is a crossover from Melissa de la Cruz's Blue Bloods series but deals with werewolves instead of vampires … though the vamps do make appearances. Wolf Pact centers around Lawson and his brothers after they escape the underworld. Now they're being pursued by the Hounds of Hell. When the girl Lawson loves is captured, he'll have to make a pact with a young vampire …

Why you should read it: Melissa de la Cruz reinvented vampires with her Blue B
Gina Briganti
Nov 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Did the Blue Bloods series need a shot in the arm? Yes, it did. Don’t get me wrong, I did enjoy the series. There was a lot of information in these books that we’ve been waiting on to make the world that Melissa De La Cruz created more complete. The world of the wolves, those who have not been turned into hell hounds and those who have, is explored in great detail.

I’ve always liked the character of Bliss, and felt a bit sad for her because of her many challenges. I’m glad to see that she got a
Book_fanatic
Dec 29, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: shifter
I expected this book to be can't-put-down-until-i-finish but it was not.
I just completed it for the sake that i started it but it is a very short read, i completed it real quick....

I liked reading it when Bliss and Lawson were together. That's it.

I was just waiting for something that would take the interest up a notch.....but i hope the next book will be much better than this...
Misty
May 18, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: library, read-in-2012
A begining to a great new series. Bliss is back with a goal to reach. lets find out. Cant wait for bk 2
Stephanie
Sep 30, 2011 marked it as to-read
I really have not cared for Bliss and I just did not find her interesting; however, I still will read the book because I would like to know what happened to her.
Toni
Apr 12, 2014 rated it it was ok
This book is a spin-off, so my immediate reaction: this is going to suck. Needless to say, I went into it with low expectations, and even then, I was still disappointed. We, avid readers, should have gotten used to how a series you like is turned into a money-making piece of crap, no longer art but cheap means to get a few more bucks. Congrats to the author, I guess.

Before I get into reviewing the actual story, I just want to discuss something that bothered me greatly. I felt like a face-palm wa
Becka Grieco
Sep 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: purchased
I have wait for about four years to read the Wolf Pact novellas. When I heard there was a spin-off series that featured Bliss I got excited because Bliss was one of my favorite characters in Blue Bloods. Unfortunately, they were only available as e-books at the time and I didn't have the means to read them in that format. When I saw a paperback copy on Amazon I bought it IMMEDIATELY.
I'm so happy I finally got to read Wolf Pact. It was really good, but I wish there was more. Oh well, the story g
Siya
May 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fav
aww! it is amazing. every time i think of dylan i start to cry! bliss and dylan's love story got not much importance at first place but it is heart touching and soo so real and cute! but even with lawson it is amazing! i want this book to continue! like what happens after the final war!
Louise ✨
May 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I've read this year ago and it has a big place in my heart
Jen
I would say this spinoff book has been in the works longer than most books are, and longer than it should have.
I understand Melissa's reasons for why this has taken so long to be released, but since it has relevance to Gates of Paradise, so it being released just before the release of the final book in the Blue Bloods series makes sense. In a way, I am glad that it happened like this. And I am glad I was able to get the paperback, which I was given as a prize for my participation in the Blue Blo
Alicyn
Apr 08, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: four-star-review
I read the first Blue Bloods novel while I was a sophomore or junior in high school and stayed with the series for some time including reading the other companion novellas, Keys to the Repository and Bloody Valentine. I had a 'falling out' you could say because I didn't know de la Cruz published two more along with Wolf Pact until I saw a coworker reading one of the latest books in the series. It took me a while but I'm finally getting around to continuing where I left off.

I started Wolf Pact be
Les Chroniques Aléatoires
Jan 23, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014
Encore une lecture intéressante à lire au bon moment pour ne pas se retrouver totalement paumé dans l’histoire par la suite xD C’est ça le problèmes des spin-offs, ils sortent souvent après mais doivent être lu avant ou à un moment précis, ce qui est plutôt embêtant lorsqu’on a fini la série… mais coup de pot pour moi, j’ai recommencé la série depuis le début donc j’en ai profité. Le pacte des loups est du point de vu de Bliss devenu humaine et de Lawson un loup qui a fuit les Enfers. Melissa de ...more
Isabel George
Feb 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
When the wolfs break out of Hell they are amazed at how bright the middle world is. The are turned into humans and have to find food and shelter for many days. The meet a wizard named Arthur who saves them and hides them from the hell hounds who want to kill them. They soon make a house and stay there while making a spell to protect the house from the hounds but hey stay to long nd loose the youngest member of the pact. They then meet bliss who is a exvampire . Will bliss help them ? will they m ...more
Lavonniee Pyant
Jan 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
by Melissa de la Cruz
I enjoyed reading this book because of the constant tension and the fact that it had characters with supernatural powers.These days everyone is always wrapped up in the newest paranormal book whether it’s good or bad.Some of those books are cliche`s of “Twilight” and thankfully this book is not.This book will keep you on the edge of your seat from the beginning to end.

Wolf Pact is about a girl named Bliss who just reincarnated from being a wolf from her past life a
Bronwyn
Mar 26, 2014 rated it liked it
April
Aug 21, 2012 rated it really liked it

Honestly as excited I was to read the book, I was also a little hesitated since I have seen a lot of negative reviews. That will teach me to base my decisions on reviews. I completely trust Cruz. I don't think I've read anything by her that I've been disappointed in. Even though it's technically not considered part of the Blue Bloods series, I think it should be. Especially since I do believe Cruz even said herself that we should read Wolf Pact before Gates of Paradise.

The book picks up right a
Katie
Dec 23, 2009 rated it really liked it
Wolf Pact, while not quite as good as the Blue Bloods series, is a fast read that will give fans of the original series a little more in-depth look at the wolves and their history.

This is said to be Bliss' story so starting off I expected it to be from her point-of-view and I was really suprised when it wasn't. The book starts off from Lawson's point-of-view. Lawson is a completely new character, a wolf in hell who wants to be free. Only once Lawson is freed from the Underworld do we actually
Why is this not released in print?? 5 9 Mar 12, 2013 06:09AM
Goodreads Librari...: How to find a cover for this? 6 42 Feb 02, 2013 07:53PM
Only one book?? 2 19 Oct 23, 2012 09:32AM
  • Full Moon Kisses (Full Moon, #3)
  • Falling to Ash (Moth, #1)
  • Nocturne (Claire de Lune, #2)
  • Taken by Storm (Raised by Wolves, #3)
  • The Crescent
  • Destiny and Deception (13 to Life, #4)
  • Diabolical (Tantalize, #4)
  • Stolen Nights (Vampire Queen, #2)
  • Speed of Light (Fenestra, #3)
  • The Savage Grace (The Dark Divine, #3)
  • Shadow Days (Nightshade #0.5; Nightshade World #3.5)
  • The Blood Keeper (The Blood Journals, #2)
  • Balthazar (Evernight, #5)
  • Sometimes by Moonlight (Never Cry Werewolf, #2)
  • Blood Moon (Drake Chronicles, #5)
  • Soul Bound (Blood Coven Vampire, #7)
  • Blood Born (Blood Prophecy, #1)
  • Shadows (Dark Touch, #1)
Melissa de la Cruz is the New York Times and USA Today best-selling author of many critically acclaimed and award-winning novels for teens including The Au Pairs series, the Blue Bloods series, the Ashleys series, the Angels on Sunset Boulevard series and the semi-autobiographical novel Fresh off the Boat.

Her books for adults include the novel Cat’s Meow, the anthology Girls Who Like Boys Who Like
“We are wolves of the guard,
soldiers of the light.

Hunted and haunted,bye the
beasts of night.

Friend to all and foe to none,
Love and loyalty bind us as one.

Time and tide shall heal all

soldiers of the light.

Hunted and haunted,by the
beasts of night.

Friend to all and foe to none,
Love and loyalty bind us as one.

Time and tide shall heal all