Start by marking “Liar (Fearless, #10)” as Want to Read:
Liar (Fearless, #10)

Liar (Fearless #10)

3.96  ·  Rating details ·  903 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
People like me don't have friends.
So if Heather wants Ed, she can have him.
I don't care.
Really.
Published July 5th 2002 by Simon Pulse (first published July 1st 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Liar, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Liar

Emily
May 06, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fearless
I read this series so long ago and just realized that I hadn't included this book in my visual bookshelf. I loved this series and thought the plot line was amazing. I wish I could feel no fear in my life because I would be a lot stronger, but anyway, Gaia is definitely a female young adult character that all teens can relate to in so many ways.
Merary
Just because I want to do something different I'm going to write the reviews in a Friends episode format. Enjoy!

The One Where Everyone is Hiding Something

Heather Gannis is having a crisis. Her parents lost their jobs, her sister Phoebe(Cool! Matches my concept!) is in the hospital because of her anorexia, and her relationship with Sam is doomed. Fortunately, she finds comfort on the arms of Ed Fargo, her ex-boyfriend and first love. That makes Gaia very angry but she doesn't show it. At the end,
Marella Smith
Aug 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was an entertaining read, but the changing story lines often left me confused. Overall a great way to spend a Saturday evening.
Lucie
Apr 29, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This one is actually really good - I'm not just being nostalgic. Okay the weird scene with Loki was a bit of a let down, but otherwise...

I think Ella is a great character, I have love for the woman! Although it seems unlikely that she'll be around much longer, she's just the right level of crazy jealous nutcase and human being. In fact, if we forget about Tom and Loki (yeah I know there wouldn't be much of a story without them, but the whole caricature-ish good and evilness feels fake and seriou
anolinde
I don't even want Gaia and Sam to get together at this point. Like enough.

Ed remains the worst.

Tom has surpassed his usual stupidity. "Gee... I know Loki is interested in Gaia... I've noticed Ella is acting really shady and reporting to someone... hm... maybe she's an FBI agent... or maybe... maybe... I mean it could be Loki, but I shouldn't let George know or anything, nah." Also he's apparently ditched his job, like, yeah, I'm really buying that he's the greatest government agent ever.

One of t
YoSafBridg
May 25, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own-and-read, ya
The Fearless series is a great young adult series with appeal (i think) for both boys and girls (of course never having been a teenage boy~i can't really say for sure). Although it deals with the feelings of a young woman "born without the fear gene" and all the subsequent doubts and insecurities of dealing with that and the normal growing pains of adolescence it also has a fair amount of adventure and intrigue.
It makes great high interest reading for the "reluctant reader" because it is not dif
Miranda
Renita Frett
This book has an array of characters that are very complex. I’ve read most of the series and Gaia, the main character is very complex. She has layers upon layers, which stems from her dark and complicated past and has left her with skills that normal teenagers don’t have. Not only is the main character complex, the secondary characters are also. Even Gaia’s dead mother and absent father have lot’s intriguing details about them that you uncover over time. No character is one sided and I thought i ...more
Kim
Jun 13, 2007 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fearless, ya, action, 2000
I've read this series over ten years ago. But I remember it being very good. For the first 18 books. After that the more it lasted the worst it got. I stopped at book 32. These days I wouldn't give it more than 20.

Back to the good stuff. I found that Gaia was a good strong, pretty but still flawed character. She was special without being annoying. It's just that once the author stopped looking over the shoulder of the ghost writer. Things went down the drain pretty fast.

Last note. The series may
Tortla
May 29, 2007 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of Dan Brown's contrived and obnoxious writing style
Shelves: feministy, ya-like
The writing was...terrible. The books were strangely addictive, though. There were constant recaps of everything that had ever happened to every character, so it didn't matter that I didn't read all of them, or even that I didn't finish the series.
Brenda
Mar 30, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I didn't know this was a 36 book series when I started :(. I'm starting to get frustrated with the Gaia/Sam situation, or lack of......hope it doesn't drag on for all 36 books! But I love Gaia and there is lots of excitement.
Serafina
Jan 26, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This concept of being without fear is so different to write about. This is the only book I've read in the series, but I really liked it. I saw the CW pilot of the show with Rachael Leigh Cook and Ian Somerhalder from 2004. Wished that would have lasted more than one episode.
Victoria
Mar 20, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Victoria by: Me
Shelves: fearless-series
Pretty good, could've added more action. I hate Heather and Ed!!!!
Mallory
Good. Once again. Wish i could kick butt like Gaia.
Michie Perrenod
Reanna
Oct 15, 2011
Valynne Maetani
Feb 13, 2008
  • Payback (Fingerprints, #7)
  • Zoey Fools Around (Making Out, #1)
  • Last Breath (Body of Evidence, #9)
  • The Thing in the Closet (Spooksville, #17)
  • Summer Love (Silver Beach, #1)
  • Violet Eyes (Violet Eyes, #1)
  • To Hawaii, with Love (Spy Goddess, #2)
  • Doomsday Deck (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 3, #8)
  • House of a Thousand Screams (Ghosts of Fear Street, #17)
  • The Angel Chronicles, Vol. 1 (The Angel Chronicles, #1)
Francine Pascal (May 13, 1938— ) is an American author best known for creating the Sweet Valley series of novels. In 1982 she created the characters and the stories for the first six books and her agent, Amy Berkower of Writers House sold them to Bantam Books. Book number one is mostly written by Ms. Pascal. From then on she wrote the stories for every book ever published in the series. After the ...more
More about Francine Pascal...

Fearless (1 - 10 of 36 books)
  • Fearless (Fearless, #1)
  • Sam (Fearless, #2)