Start by marking “Buy, Close, Move In!: How to Navigate the New World of Real Estate--Safely and Profitably--and End Up with the Home of Your Dreams” as Want to Read:

3.86  ·  Rating details ·  22 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
Buy, Close, Move In! is the home buyer’s and seller’s ultimate guide to what’s new and different in today’s real estate market. Written by Ilyce Glink—one of the country’s best-known consumer real estate advocates, whose nationally syndicated column, “Real Estate Matters,” appears in more than 125 newspapers and websites—Buy, Close, Move In! is an indispensible tool for un ...more
Published April 13th 2010 by William Morrow Paperbacks

To ask other readers questions about Buy, Close, Move In!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Buy, Close, Move In!

Luetta
Jun 09, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I Have Been Sleeping With Ilyce Glink!

There, I said it!

A couple of weeks ago I followed a link on a Tweet written by Frances Flynn Thorsen. It happened to be such a compelling book review that I just had to have it.

The book written by Ilyce Glink, “Buy , Close, Move-In” is the latest in Think Glink products about all things Real Estate for “real people”.

I commented on Frances’ Tweet and guess who popped up? @Glink! By happy coincidence the author was planning a trip to Scottsdale to offer the ke
Frances Flynn Thorsen
What is a prospective homebuyer to do in 2010 following the worst financial crisis since the Great Depression? The aftershocks of the housing crisis still find the economy reeling. Real estate professionals and consumers posture for millions more foreclosures, increasingly complicated short sales negotiations, and stricter lending standards.

“There has never been a better time to shop for financing,” declares author Ilyce Glink, if you can pass the muster of credit and run the gauntlet of new le
Thomas
This was a good primer for me on buying a house. I will be checking out some of her other books as I try to decide when and where is the right time for me to take that step.

Definitely a little dated now but VERY current and topical when written 5 years ago. Not a be-all-end-all guidebook, but a good reference point as you learn how to navigate the biggest purchase of your life. Recommended to anyone who is looking to buy their first home.
Mina V
May 21, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Very informative! I went ahead and ordered her book 100 Questions Every First-Time Home Buyer Should Ask so that I may learn more.

edit 6/11/11 - if the book is missing anything, it's more information on short sales and foreclosures. From looking at some other reviews for Mrs. Glink's books, I'm also going to take a look at Home Buying for Dummies and Mortgages for Dummies.
Julia T.
Jun 16, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: nonfiction
Get a quick, comprehensive update from an authority on how the real estate market has changed. Glink, a nationally syndicated columnist, writes “Real Estate Matters,” which appears in 125 newspapers and web sites.
Tara
Feb 26, 2011 rated it really liked it
Good glossary.
Morgan Salvador
Jan 12, 2011 rated it really liked it
A quick, informative, and easy-to-understand read about buying a home after the housing market crashed. A must read for first time homebuyers in the current economy.
Casey
Jul 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
I appreciated the up-to-date info and the website suggestions. It's not comprehensive but very good.
Jennifer Paul
rated it it was ok
Aug 26, 2014
Lisa
Jun 02, 2011
Loni
Dec 28, 2011
Janette Duffy
rated it did not like it
Jul 14, 2016